PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions looming?

hawkjt
06-13-2006, 12:43 PM
According to offman the decision on appeals for barrett will be rendered next tues or wed. If it stays the same length then barrett would miss 1 or 2 of the sox-cubs series.
Said Anderson's appeal is independent and no date released yet.

I really hope that mlb is looking at the schedule and rigging it so that barrett misses the cubs - sox series. Anderson also. Poetic justice.

Also notice the cubs are moving Big Z up a day to pitch against the Astros rather than the tigers this weekend. I understand the divisional game is bigger but I wish the tigers were facing Z this weekend. He is on a roll.

oeo
06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
According to offman the decision on appeals for barrett will be rendered next tues or wed. If it stays the same length then barrett would miss 1 or 2 of the sox-cubs series.

I really hope that mlb is looking at the schedule and rigging it so that barrett misses the cubs - sox series. Anderson also. Poetic justice.

Also notice the cubs are moving Big Z up a day to pitch against the Astros rather than the tigers this weekend. I understand the divisional game is bigger but I wish the tigers were facing Z this weekend. He is on a roll.
Mackowiak can play that Little League outfield at Wrigley. I wouldn't care much at all, unless Brian is playing well.

Chicken Dinner
06-13-2006, 01:01 PM
2008 season begins as Barrett and Anderson still await suspension details.

CashMan
06-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Love his Defense do ya?

Randar68
06-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Mackowiak can play that Little League outfield at Wrigley. I wouldn't care much at all, unless Brian is playing well.

Yeah, no kidding, Anderson finally gets hot and THEN they'll hand down the suspension, LOL...:mad:

rwcescato
06-14-2006, 12:46 AM

He is on a roll until you get in his face. Then he will stare you down and lose his concentration. LOL.:)

Vernam
06-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Mackowiak can play that Little League outfield at Wrigley. I wouldn't care much at all, unless Brian is playing well.Good point. It's also smart of MLB not to have the hot-head Barrett there for the City Series due to crowd control. Selig doesn't want a replay of May 20, or something worse. With the drunks in their park, not much would surprise me. As usual, they've bought the media hype about AJ being the anti-christ.

Vernam

peeonwrigley
06-14-2006, 02:15 PM
:moron

"Clearly my article yesterday gave MLB a kick in the butt to get going on this thing."

CLR01
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Selig doesn't want a replay of May 20, or something worse. With the drunks in their park, not much would surprise me.

WOW

Could you imagine the bitching and whining that would go on here if this was said about Sox fans. :rolleyes:

Vernam
06-14-2006, 03:36 PM
WOW

Could you imagine the bitching and whining that would go on here if this was said about Sox fans. :rolleyes:Don't think that didn't cross my mind, either. Near my seats in the Cell, at least, kids can feel safe and free from drunken behavior. I would never take my kids to Wrigley, and it's got less to do with the team that's on their field than with the frat house atmosphere.

Vernam

CLR01
06-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Don't think that didn't cross my mind, either. Near my seats in the Cell, at least, kids can feel safe and free from drunken behavior. I would never take my kids to Wrigley, and it's got less to do with the team that's on their field than with the frat house atmosphere.

Vernam

I have never been to Wrigley but from what I hear from friends and the people here the frat party is in the bleachers and the rest of the park is fairly tame.

champagne030
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM

Cub-lovin' Offman doesn't know ****!

"The players association tentatively has scheduled appeals for White Sox center fielder Brian Anderson, who was suspended for five games, and Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski, who was fined $2,000, for the week of June 26, said Bob Lenaghan, assistant general counsel for the players association."

"Arbitrator John McHale Jr., an executive vice president for administration for Major League Baseball, will make a decision on Barrett's fate after the hearing, though no timetable has been set for his ruling.
''It could take days, it could be weeks,'' Lenaghan said. ''It's not a simple decision.'' Lenaghan stressed that it would be unusual for McHale to issue his ruling Friday."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-appeal14.html

SoxFan78
06-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Cub-lovin' Offman doesn't know ****!

"The players association tentatively has scheduled appeals for White Sox center fielder Brian Anderson, who was suspended for five games, and Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski, who was fined $2,000, for the week of June 26, said Bob Lenaghan, assistant general counsel for the players association."

"Arbitrator John McHale Jr., an executive vice president for administration for Major League Baseball, will make a decision on Barrett's fate after the hearing, though no timetable has been set for his ruling.
''It could take days, it could be weeks,'' Lenaghan said. ''It's not a simple decision.'' Lenaghan stressed that it would be unusual for McHale to issue his ruling Friday."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-appeal14.html

What the hell is there to think about? Barrett got knocked down, he got up, and assaulted another player. If he did that outside of Comiskey, he could of got arrested.

MLB is a joke.

PalehosePlanet
06-16-2006, 02:31 PM
I noticed that Barrett isn't playing in the Detroit-Cubs game. Did the suspensions finally start today? I haven't seen anything yet on sportsline or espn.

thepaulbowski
06-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I noticed that Barrett isn't playing in the Detroit-Cubs game. Did the suspensions finally start today? I haven't seen anything yet on sportsline or espn.

No, he hurt his back yesterday. He had his hearing today.

RadioheadRocks
06-16-2006, 03:31 PM
No, he hurt his back yesterday. He had his hearing today.

Of course if they keep him out of these games how much you want to bet that his suspension will then be RETROACTIVE???!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: