PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 2006 NCAA Men's College World Series Thread

Viva Medias B's
06-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Note: Apologies if posted already, but the last college baseball post I saw was one about the Super Regionals so I'll start a new thread at this furlong.

Here are the brackets (http://ncaasports.com/baseball/mens/brackets/doubleelim44/2006/DI_cws) for the 2006 NCAA Men's College World Series in Omaha. The only member of the 2005 MCWS field in Omaha this time is Oregon State. As always, it ought to be an exciting tournament. Is anyone going to Omaha for this?

ChiSoxRowand
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
This should be one of the better tournaments of the past few years, I can't wait. Any team could come away with the national title. I'm going with Rice, my pick at the start of the tourney.

StepsInSC
06-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Gotta roll with the mighty Clemson Tigers. Anything less than dominance will be a disappointment.

D. TODD
06-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Big win by the Tarheels. 2-0 victory over top seeded Clemson. I think ESPN said that was the first time Clemson has been shut out in their last 131 games. The Heels will await the Clemson/Cal. St. Fullerton winner who will then have to beat them twice in a row to make the Championship game. Long way to go still, but Carolina is in a good position. GO HEELS!!:gulp:

PaulDrake
06-18-2006, 10:29 PM
My pick Cal State Fullerton had to come from behind today against Georgia Tech to stave of elimination. My favorite team South Carolina was eliminated by Georgia in the super regional. Given the state of their pitching it's a miracle they got as far as they did. Georgia Tech and Clemson have historically disappointed in the CWS. Tech is out and Clemson just got shut out by the Tar Heels, who are surprising me. They have momentum and look great at this point.

slobes
06-18-2006, 11:42 PM
That Cal State Fullerton comeback was awesome. My brother was just in a baseball tournament in Omaha and he stayed in the same hotel as the CSF team. Pretty cool experience.

HawkDJ
06-18-2006, 11:42 PM
All I can say is : HEELS!:D:

Clembasbal
06-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Gotta roll with the mighty Clemson Tigers. Anything less than dominance will be a disappointment.

I cannot believe they lost, it was such a disappointing night! They will turn it around!

D. TODD
06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Down to the final four!!

Cal. St. Fullerton vs. North Carolina - Cal. St. needs to win two straight. UNC only needs one .

Oregon St. vs. Rice - Oregon St. needs to win two in a row, Rice only needs one.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Down to the final four!!

Cal. St. Fullerton vs. North Carolina - Cal. St. needs to win two straight. UNC only needs one .

Oregon St. vs. Rice - Oregon St. needs to win two in a row, Rice only needs one.

I pull for Rice by default (all my other teams are gone :(: ) but will probably watch the finals regardless. I like College Baseball.

ChiSoxRowand
06-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Great game between UNC and CSF, UNC to the finals. I'm sure the NCAA will reconsider starting the first game of the day at 4 next year, as the second game probably won't end until 11:30-12:00 (as was the case last night).

PaulDrake
06-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Oregon State, with their backs to the wall from the beginning defeat the favored Tar Heels 3-2 to win the 2006 NCAA baseball championship. I feel really bad for the kid at 2B who threw the ball away, giving the Beavers the lead in the bottom of the 8th. His first baseman didn't give him any help, but he usually plays catcher. Very tough loss for NC. Oregon State wins their first ever title in baseball, and only their second overall championship.

HawkDJ
06-26-2006, 10:31 PM
ThOregon State, with their backs to the wall from the beginning defeat the favored Tar Heels 3-2 to win the 2006 NCAA baseball championship. I feel really bad for the kid at 2B who threw the ball away, giving the Beavers the lead in the bottom of the 8th. His first baseman didn't give him any help, but he usually plays catcher. Very tough loss for NC. Oregon State wins their first ever title in baseball, and only their second overall championship.

That would be Bryan Steed, who barely played all postseason, gets a chance in the last game and then that happens. Man, that hurts. This reminded me of the ol White Sox from a few years ago, just threw away the game. Ran into a double play, costly errors, poor situational hitting. Either way, this was the best year of Carolina Baseball in our history and it was a memorable season. I'm glad to have watched from the beginning to the end.

Viva Medias B's
06-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Tough loss for UNC. It's a shame such a great game was decided by an error like that.

ChiSoxRowand
06-27-2006, 12:52 AM
It's great to see a team from a cold weather climate win it all. Hasn't been done since wichita st. in 1989.