PDA

View Full Version : Is this a new Sox record?

white sox bill
06-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Three games in a row on National TV during regular season? Fox on Saturday and ESPN yesterday and today. Has the media given us our due?

Madvora
06-12-2006, 08:31 AM
National games drive me crazy.
If I have to hear another story about "Pronk" I'm going to kill myself.

CHEESESOXER
06-12-2006, 08:35 AM
How about that idiot going on & on & on about kickball!!:angry:

I muted my tv for awhile.:mad:

Dan Mega
06-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I really hate the ESPN games especially. They don't talk about the game at hand, they would rather discuss what is wrong with the Red Sox starters or how Derek Jeter is a first ballot hall of famer.

0o0o0
06-12-2006, 09:07 AM
:rolleyes: Of course if they got zero nationally televised games, people would be complaining...

Pequod
06-12-2006, 09:09 AM
If I have to hear another story about "Pronk" I'm going to kill myself.

No kidding... Did Jon Miller and Joe Morgan ever sort out whether Pronk was the donkey's name in Shrek? Or did they decide to go with it being a combination of Project and Donkey? Maybe one day they'll spend that much time learning that its Iguchi and not Taguchi (and that's not a combination of Tadahito and Iguchi!).

batmanZoSo
06-12-2006, 09:23 AM
I don't see how the media hasn't "given us our due." There have been countless articles from all over the place since last October, which praise this team for how good they were or are currently. And all of them eventually showed up here. ESPN employs a lot of less-than-stellar analysts whose analayses should be taken with a long grain of salt.

The truth is the Sox are nobodys, nationally, who just snuck up on everyone's radar and won the World Series. What a cruel fate for us. Nobody cares about us any more than they did about Anaheim or Florida when they surprised everyone and won it.

You get your dues when you earn them. And it takes more than one good year to win everyone's praise and approval if that means something to you. We can see that in our own town.

Crede_Fan
06-12-2006, 09:26 AM
No kidding... Did Jon Miller and Joe Morgan ever sort out whether Pronk was the donkey's name in Shrek? Or did they decide to go with it being a combination of Project and Donkey? Maybe one day they'll spend that much time learning that its Iguchi and not Taguchi (and that's not a combination of Tadahito and Iguchi!).

Miller was actually calling him Tada Iguchi last night. DJ calls him the same name.

On a side note, I think I'm having Hawk withdrawls.

SBSoxFan
06-12-2006, 09:29 AM
They're on CSN and ESPN tonight. So, 2 stations one night, and none (only WCIU locally) the next. :angry:

Pequod
06-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Miller was actually calling him Tada Iguchi last night. DJ calls him the same name.

That one doesn't bother me, but on at least one early play Morgan referred to him as Taguchi.

SOXPHILE
06-12-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm glad they're on national T.V. and getting all the exposure. How nice is it to actually hear discussion about the Tiger-White Sox race in the Central once in a while as opposed to 24/7 Red Sox-Yankees slobberfest ? Not a big fan of Joe Morgan, but, again, it's good to get the exposure they deserve. I do agree that they were going a bit overboard with the continued Hafner love. They practically had a camera designated to just follow that guy. (Note to the White Sox: You are allowed to retire him more than 2 times in a row, and there is nothing in the rule book that states he must be on base every damn time he gets up, or hit at least 1 homer per game !:angry: )

MarySwiss
06-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Never thought I'd say this, but I was almost wishing we had Berman instead. Sure, he's annoying with all those stupid name things, but what was up with Miller with the kickball and Pronk crap? Thank God for the mute button!

sullythered
06-12-2006, 10:14 AM
:rolleyes: Of course if they got zero nationally televised games, people would be complaining...
Not I, said the fly...

skottyj242
06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I hate it when I go to the games and they're on national television. Saturday's game was great but it was way too long.

NorthSideSox72
06-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Joe Morgan is hands-down the most mistake-riden, uninformed baseball announcer I have ever heard. I really, really don't get why they keep him around.

bludupree
06-12-2006, 12:29 PM

That may be true but he was definitely called Taguchi at least once, which is completely unacceptable since they have made that mistake before. I also can not stand the pronunciations of Cintron, Guillen, and worst of all Uribe. I don't care if they are saying them with the proper spanish pronounciation or not. The entire city and nation for that matter say it the same way except for Miller. Uribe wasn't even playing but he still managed to slip his name in there like 4 or 5 times.

soxfan13
06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
I hate it when I go to the games and they're on national television. Saturday's game was great but it was way too long.

thats cuz you were hungover and not drinking:wink:

Meixner007
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
We did get 12 post season games in a row televised last year. :D:

Deuce
06-12-2006, 02:11 PM
National games drive me crazy.
If I have to hear another story about "Pronk" I'm going to kill myself.Whats a "pronk?"

:redneck

WSox597
06-12-2006, 03:55 PM
And to think I complained about Harrelson last year. After last night's miserable announcing team, I hereby apologize.

I've never heard a worse announcing team, even 8 miles north of the Cell.

For as long as Morgan played baseball, he seems uninformed about the game.
He's a babbling jackass.

And the other mutt, the soccer announcer, the guy who wouldn't call the White Sox the WORLD champs, is beyond belief. I think Morgan is even embarrassed by him.

I, for one, wouldn't complain about the Sox not being on the national feeds.

white sox bill
06-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I may be in the minority here, but I like the National broadcasts despite the mumbo jumbo from Morgan etc. Its kinda nice to hear whats being told the rest of the country, without some of the home brew spin.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Everybody listen to me. Go to www.whitesox.com now, and watch Brian Anderson's homerun video. Listen to Miller's call of it. (His voice practically cracks)