PDA

View Full Version : Swisher hits Inside-The-Park HR

HomeFish
06-11-2006, 02:00 PM
According to the box score for the NYY-OAK game going on right now, Nick Swisher hit an inside-the-park homer in the top of the 3rd inning to deep center field.

Did anyone see this happen? What's the story?

RKMeibalane
06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
According to the box score for the NYY-OAK game going on right now, Nick Swisher hit an inside-the-park homer in the top of the 3rd inning to deep center field.

Did anyone see this happen? What's the story?

The Yankees suck and are on the verge of getting swept by the FOBB. That's the story. :cool:

Paulwny
06-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Collision between Damon and Cabrera (sp), ball rolling around, Swisher kept on running.

RKMeibalane
06-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Collision between Damon and Cabrera (sp), ball rolling around, Swisher kept on running.

Cabrera has been a disaster in the OF. Every time I see him out there, something bad happens, and this is just the latest mishap.

TDog
06-11-2006, 02:41 PM
I was at a game in 1974 when Ron Santo (in White Sox red pinstripes) hit an inside-the-park home run. It wasn't the first time I'd seen it. It certainly would not be the last. Even Babe Ruth, like Henry Aaron, hit inside-the-park home runs. (Babe Ruth stole home eight times in his career despite not having a reputation for speed.) Inside-the-park home runs are part of baseball, and, frankly, more fun to watch than balls being hit out of the park.

caulfield12
06-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I have no idea how the Yankees are doing so well without Matsui and Sheffield for long stretches, along with an aging Bernie Williams.

Well, having Mussina pitching as well as ever, along with Rivera....that doesn't hurt. But Farnsworth is garbage (we all knew that) and Randy Johnson is not the same. They do have a healthy Shawn Chacon back, from the looks of his start today.

But Jaret Wright and Chien-Ming Wang do not exactly scare you...both Boston and the Yankees are very vulnerable due to these pitching problems.

The Yanks do have a very good set-up man in Proctor, although their second righty is long-time White Sox castoff Tanyon Sturtze. That's how difficult it is to find quality set-up men. Just that one name says it all.

And Barry Zito is DONE. Even though he has added a change-up to go with the fastball and curve, his FB is off about 5-6 MPH from what it was when he started his career. His last 3 plus seasons, he is only 5-6 games over .500. His first three in the bigs, 30 games over. BB isn't so smart after all, as he has not handled the departures of Mulder, Hudson and Zito as well as possible for the future of the franchise. Haren has been a good pitcher, no doubt, but that's about it...oh, and Kiko Calero, a serviceable reliever...but with Harden looking to be out for some time, BB will be a seller this break, despite the vulnerable AL West.

ondafarm
06-11-2006, 03:05 PM
I was at a game in 1974 when Ron Santo (in White Sox red pinstripes) hit an inside-the-park home run. It wasn't the first time I'd seen it. It certainly would not be the last. Even Babe Ruth, like Henry Aaron, hit inside-the-park home runs. (Babe Ruth stole home eight times in his career despite not having a reputation for speed.) Inside-the-park home runs are part of baseball, and, frankly, more fun to watch than balls being hit out of the park.

Henry Aaron never hit an inside the park home run in major league baseball. Babe Ruth hit seven.

DumpJerry
06-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm looking forward to the day Paulie hits an inside the park homer.:cool:

caulfield12
06-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Or Crede...or Benji Molina.

Scottiehaswheels
06-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm looking forward to the day Paulie hits an inside the park homer.:cool:This ain't hockey... I doubt you'll ever see a team pull its entire outfield AHAHHAHAH

caulfield12
06-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Satchel Paige did it on purpose for showmanship when he pitched in the Negro Leagues...

fusillirob1983
06-11-2006, 03:17 PM

I'm pretty sure he's done it. It was in Tampa Bay, the ball got caught up in the catwalk.

DSpivack
06-11-2006, 03:20 PM
This ain't hockey... I doubt you'll ever see a team pull its entire outfield AHAHHAHAH

Granted, they have a ton of injuries, but a few days ago the Nats had an outfield of Marlon Anderon, Damian Jackson, and Alfonso Soriano...all 2B.

DumpJerry
06-11-2006, 03:21 PM
This ain't hockey... I doubt you'll ever see a team pull its entire outfield AHAHHAHAH
The Shortstop can run and get the ball in before he hits Second.....

Not to knock Paulie, but he is kinda lacking in the speed department.

Deebs14
06-11-2006, 03:22 PM

Didn't he hit one a few years ago down in Tampa? I know my memory has a tendency of being shot at times, but I could've sworn he hit one that hit off the yellow bar above the wall, and then it basically rolled back to the infield...and it was still a close play at the plate.

Maybe I'm just going goofy. :cool:

SoxandtheCityTee
06-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Didn't Kruk have an inside-the-parker once? I recall them teasing him about it on BBTN. There must have been a major malfunction in the outfield.

RKMeibalane
06-11-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure he's done it. It was in Tampa Bay, the ball got caught up in the catwalk.

Yes, he has. It was in 2000.

TDog
06-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Henry Aaron never hit an inside the park home run in major league baseball. Babe Ruth hit seven.

I had read that Babe Ruth hit seven. I just assumed that with Aaron's superior speed early in his career, and more than 200 stolen bases in a station-to-station era, that he had hit a couple.