PDA

View Full Version : Robin Ventura

TheKittle
06-11-2006, 02:53 AM
Ventura was doing the ESPN broadcast of the Fullerton vs Missouri, super regional game. Since Fullerton is about 15 mins from me, I went there to get his autograph and pic. The damn nazi bastard security idiots wouldn't allow anybody in the game, even though it was 9-1 and in the 8th inning.

So I walked all the way around the stadium to another entrance. In doing so we encounter a damn scunk, who was walking as if nothing was the matter. Lucky for us that skunk didnt' spray. I'm sure Ventura would have liked that.

We get in and wait until the game is over. Sure enough Ventura comes out and signs three things for me. (I was the only one asking for autographs.) Goodbye Old Friend, an envelope from the first game at new Comiskey, and a NY Mets World Series envelope.

I then ask if I can take a picture for WSI. I posted the pic in the gallery. I asked him do you know what that is? He says No. So then I send it's White Sox Interactive and it's a place for crazed White Sox fans. He then says "Are you one of them?" I say "Of course" He laughed. (I mean what normal guy would spend a Sat night at a college baseball stadium, wearing a 83 Sox cap and a 2005 World Series Champions T shirt, waiting for an autogrpah.) I told thim thanks and take care. He procedes to stalk me until I was two exits from home. :)

It was pure coincidence that we both park in the same row, about 5 parking spots in, but he was parked on the south side of the row, while I'm on the north side. I get out of the parking lot, he's following me. I go onto the freeway, he follows me. I get to the far left lane quickly after getting onto the freeway and he's behind me. I then move one lane to the right and sure enough he's doing the samething. But two exits away from home, Ventura goes to another freeway.

Seriously though, Ventura was very cool and nice.

awesomefan
06-11-2006, 04:43 AM
AWESOME Ventura story. I'll go look at the picture you posted. Robin signed for me once when I wasn't in an autograph line at SoxFest.

My favorite autograph is the one I did get in an autograph line at SoxFest. I had Robin sign a 8 x 10 picture of his Hot Corner poster with flames & Robin wearing a Gold baseball Glove on his hand. I had Robin sign it in gold to match his Gold Glove I told him.

Thome25
06-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Great ventura story. wish I coulda been lucky enough to meet him. He's one of my favorite White Sox players of all time.

This story was the perfect example of what a great guy he is and how he always had time for everyone his teammates and especially the fans.

TornLabrum
06-11-2006, 08:38 AM
What the hell is a scunk?

Chips
06-11-2006, 08:42 AM
An acronym for Surface Contact Unknown :tongue:

TornLabrum
06-11-2006, 08:51 AM
An acronym for Surface Contact Unknown :tongue:

The collective knowledge here at WSI is absolutely amazing! :rolleyes:

Thome25
06-11-2006, 08:56 AM
What the hell is a sKunk?

"There!! I fixed it for the original poster."

http://mud.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/1311226004

MrRoboto83
06-11-2006, 11:47 AM
what kind of car does he drive?

Wsoxmike59
06-11-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Robin was last spotted on Ventura Blvd driving this thing.

http://members.cox.net/hoggy/images/whimachs.jpg

ViPeRx007
06-11-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Robin was last spotted on Ventura Blvd driving this thing.

http://members.cox.net/hoggy/images/whimachs.jpg
I bet he picks up alot of chicks in that sweet ride. (*NOTICE* no teal)

TheKittle
06-11-2006, 04:18 PM

Oh wow, what an error. Let me fix that before Foxy and Kittle42 read this thread.