PDA

View Full Version : Hey WSi scouts

RedPinStripes
02-06-2002, 07:52 AM
Anyone know if there are ant A-rod, Jeter, Nomar type SS prospects out there in the farm systems or in hs now? I'm just wondering. I still dream of the Sox having a SS like Nomar one day. Hey. What color are we using for pipe dream anyway? Just wonderng because this is a pipe dream.

WinningUgly!
02-06-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Anyone know if there are ant A-rod, Jeter, Nomar type SS prospects out there in the farm systems or in hs now? I'm just wondering. I still dream of the Sox having a SS like Nomar one day. Hey. What color are we using for pipe dream anyway? Just wonderng because this is a pipe dream.

We had one, but we let him slip away. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/1999/06/24/twins_whitesox/t1_caruso_ap_01.jpg

rdivaldi
02-06-2002, 10:38 AM
The organization has high hopes for Andy Gonzalez, a 19 year old SS who tore up Arizona last year. He's a bit tall for a SS, (6'2"-6'4" depending on what publication you read), but has decent footwork, a great arm, and is supposedly very fluid in the field.

He is a very good hitter as well.

RedPinStripes
02-06-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by rdivaldi
The organization has high hopes for Andy Gonzalez, a 19 year old SS who tore up Arizona last year. He's a bit tall for a SS, (6'2"-6'4" depending on what publication you read), but has decent footwork, a great arm, and is supposedly very fluid in the field.

He is a very good hitter as well.

Cool. I 'll have to watch for him. Thanx.

RedPinStripes
02-06-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

We had one, but we let him slip away. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/1999/06/24/twins_whitesox/t1_caruso_ap_01.jpg

Who? The great Mike Caruso? lol

Daver
02-06-2002, 05:51 PM

Who? The great Mike Caruso? lol

Caruso would have turned out to be a good SS if the Sox hadn't rushed him the way they did,they set him up to fail.

RedPinStripes
02-06-2002, 05:55 PM
You could be right, but we'll never know because they ruined his career already.

czalgosz
02-06-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by daver

Caruso would have turned out to be a good SS if the Sox hadn't rushed him the way they did,they set him up to fail.

I'm glad to see someone agrees with me on this.

Daver
02-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

I'm glad to see someone agrees with me on this.

They let the best part of the white flag trade slip right down the drain.

kermittheefrog
02-06-2002, 07:05 PM

The Braves have Wilson Betemit but he might be moved to third. Brandon Phillips of the Expos is pretty highly regarded. No one out there is an Arod though. Maybe a Jeter or Nomar if they get really lucky.

RedPinStripes
02-06-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

The Braves have Wilson Betemit but he might be moved to third. Brandon Phillips of the Expos is pretty highly regarded. No one out there is an Arod though. Maybe a Jeter or Nomar if they get really lucky.

I'll take a Nomar or a jeter any day. A-rod is 1 in a million. I can only wish KW can deal for a prospect like one of these 3.

Vsahajpal
02-06-2002, 09:21 PM

I'll take a Nomar or a jeter any day. A-rod is 1 in a million. I can only wish KW can deal for a prospect like one of these 3.

Betemit is going to be moved to 3b. Phillips is a stud, he played really well at the AFL, his defense is incomparable, he has plus speed, plus bat-speed, developing power, strong arm, and he'll most likely reach Montreal/DC by 2003.

Andy Gonzalez...

Guillermo gets no love!

kermittheefrog
02-06-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Andy Gonzalez...

Guillermo gets no love!

I don't think Guillermo has enough power to play everyday at the major league level.

pearso66
02-06-2002, 11:48 PM
i know this is gonna bring up some hatred, but does anyone remember the touted chris snopek??? thats who i thought the picture was of, man that guy was a bust