PDA

View Full Version : Friday fireworks

PODhead22
06-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone at the game Friday night knows all the names and artist's of the songs they played to accompany the fireworks or at least some of them.

Chips
06-10-2006, 08:17 PM
I believe some Bon Jovi was played or maybe that was before the fireworks.

ilsox7
06-10-2006, 08:28 PM
The music for the fireworks was the same as the music played at the introduction of the game, plus they played Livin' on a Prayer and some sort of instrumental that isn't played as a part of the opening montage.

Brian26
06-10-2006, 09:18 PM
The music for the fireworks was the same as the music played at the introduction of the game, plus they played Livin' on a Prayer and some sort of instrumental that isn't played as a part of the opening montage.

Livin' on a Prayer was huge last year, especially in the 2nd half, during late inning pitching changes for the opponents. I think I've only heard it once in a game this year, but it was just an abbreviated version. They should bring it back...it went over big with the crowd....

Chips
06-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Livin' on a Prayer was huge last year, especially in the 2nd half, during late inning pitching changes for the opponents. I think I've only heard it once in a game this year, but it was just an abbreviated version. They should bring it back...it went over big with the crowd....

I could have sworn that the Bon Jovi song last night was something like "everyday" or some song that has the word day in it. I am not really on top of my Bon Jovi.

chisoxmike
06-10-2006, 09:28 PM
The songs they played during the fireworks...

-Thunderstruck
-Livin' on a prayer
-Go Go White Sox
-Opening montage video songs (Last of the Mohicans theme/Pirates of the Carribean theme)

the last song was the song played for the banner unveiling on opening day

Brian26
06-10-2006, 09:42 PM
We saw the fireworks as we were walking to the Green Line last night. Seeing those firsthand as they're shooting them off from behind the scoreboard is pretty amazing.

HawkDJ
06-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Livin on a Prayer DEFINITELY needs a comeback. They played Let's Go Go Go White Sox about 4 times today, which was cool because I love the song but one of those times would've been good for some Bon Jovi.

sox_fan_forever
06-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I was just thinking today while at the game that Livin' on a Prayer definitely needs to be played more. I loved hearing it last year.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Last sat it was mostly Latin music. Didn't care for it.

Dancin' Homer
06-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Livin on a Prayer DEFINITELY needs a comeback. They played Let's Go Go Go White Sox about 4 times today, which was cool because I love the song but one of those times would've been good for some Bon Jovi.

The first time those words have ever been typed.

oeo
06-11-2006, 03:28 PM
I could have sworn that the Bon Jovi song last night was something like "everyday" or some song that has the word day in it. I am not really on top of my Bon Jovi.

"Have a Nice Day"...seems like they play it all the time, and I can't stand that song.

IA_soxfan
06-11-2006, 11:52 PM
They also played the theme song from Requiem for a Dream, which seemed kind of out of place. Still a great game and great fireworks though.