ugh... pablo woulda had it if not for the bad ump call... oh well

Daver
06-10-2006, 05:00 PM
ugh... pablo woulda had it if not for the bad ump call... oh well

Mackowiak was out.

caulfield12
06-10-2006, 05:00 PM
11-8 now in one run games...

Unfortunately, the Kittens are up 5-0, but a long time to play in Toronto with a rookie on the mound.

chisoxfanatic
06-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Iguchi has been scuffling a lot lately at the plate...Hats off to him for looking great out there!

Deebs14
06-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Iguchi has been scuffling a lot lately at the plate...Hats off to him for looking great out there!

True that, and hats off to him for getting me back on the board. :smile:

Ol' No. 2
06-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Mackowiak was out.Looked to me like his foot was on the plate when he was tagged.

IlliniSox4Life
06-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Looked to me like his foot was on the plate when he was tagged.

Nope. The catcher was blocking it with his foot, Mack hit his foot, not the plate, and then he put the tag on him.

Iwritecode
06-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Nope. The catcher was blocking it with his foot, Mack hit his foot, then the plate, and then he appeared to put the tag on him.

Fixed that for ya. He missed the tag alltogether.

Ol' No. 2
06-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Nope. The catcher was blocking it with his foot, Mack hit his foot, not the plate, and then he put the tag on him.Martinez had his leg stretched out trying to block the plate. But it looked to me like Mack snuck around Martinez' foot and touched the plate and Martinez tagged his foot when it was on the plate.

digdagdug23
06-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Nope. The catcher was blocking it with his foot, Mack hit his foot, not the plate, and then he put the tag on him.

Okay, I am so not arguing the PTC winner, just a question.

Don't you have to be tagged with the ball to be out? It wasn't a force, and therefore the ball has to touch you, not the body, correct? Or am I looney? I thought he was safe since he touched the plate before the ball touched him. I TiVo'd the game and re-watched about a zillion times, and he did touch the plate first.

(Well, I am a little looney, but that's irrelevant)

Chips
06-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Iguchi is a stud.

IlliniSox4Life
06-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Okay, I am so not arguing the PTC winner, just a question.

Don't you have to be tagged with the ball to be out? It wasn't a force, and therefore the ball has to touch you, not the body, correct? Or am I looney? I thought he was safe since he touched the plate before the ball touched him. I TiVo'd the game and re-watched about a zillion times, and he did touch the plate first.

(Well, I am a little looney, but that's irrelevant)

Yes, you have to be tagged with the ball/glove. What I was saying is Macks foot was blocked from the plate by Martinez's leg, and then Martinez came around and tagged Mack before Mack could touch the plate. Martinez's leg basically stopped Mack in his slide with his foot before he could touch the plate and then tagged him. At least that's what I remember seeing.

IlliniSox4Life
06-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Fixed that for ya. He missed the tag alltogether.

Just saw the replay on Chisox.com....There's a bit of a phantom tag at first, the glove kind of hovers, but then he does graze it, and it looks like it is right before mack touches the plate.

Iwritecode
06-11-2006, 01:40 AM
Just saw the replay on Chisox.com....There's a bit of a phantom tag at first, the glove kind of hovers, but then he does graze it, and it looks like it is right before mack touches the plate.

I just found it. He tagged his own foot. The umpire got fooled by the fact that the ball got there so early and there was a lot of dust flying around.

Whatever. They still won. :cool: