PDA

View Full Version : would you make same trade today?

jandm859
06-10-2006, 01:24 PM
here's a question- knowing what we know now of course, would you trade viscaiano (spelled wrong i'm sure) and rowand today for jt?

Crede_Fan
06-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Umm.. YES!

Scottiehaswheels
06-10-2006, 01:26 PM
here's a question- knowing what we know now of course, would you trade viscaiano (spelled wrong i'm sure) and rowand today for jt?Vizcaino wasn't traded for Thome... He was part of the deal that brought us Vazquez and yes in a heartbeat... It would have been nice to keep Vizcaino but I'd rather have Vazquez...

caulfield12
06-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Vizcaino and Rowand wouldn't have been accepted by the Phillies.

They needed young pitching in return, specifically Gio and Haigwood. To go with Cole Hamels and Gavin Floyd, they're set up with young pitching about as well as any team in the majors.

So I am not sure what the question is...Vizcaino was traded with El Duque and Chris Young for some money and Vazquez.

caulfield12
06-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Especially since we're 4-6 against CLE and Vazquez has been a HUGE part of three of those four victories.

voodoochile
06-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Not even close. I wouldn't change a single trade made this off season.

caulfield12
06-10-2006, 01:43 PM
The perfect offseason would have been to sign Eric Byrnes as insurance. But that would have sent a signal to BA that they didn't have confidence in him.

Still, it would have been the prudent move...as they must have known Mackowiak would end up being a liability defensively and not the answer.

Most of us looked at Mackowiak and Cintron as infield insurance for Crede's back problems before we seriously looked at him as a legitimate everyday CF.

TaylorStSox
06-10-2006, 01:49 PM
The perfect offseason would have been to sign Eric Byrnes as insurance. But that would have sent a signal to BA that they didn't have confidence in him.

Still, it would have been the prudent move...as they must have known Mackowiak would end up being a liability defensively and not the answer.

Most of us looked at Mackowiak and Cintron as infield insurance for Crede's back problems before we seriously looked at him as a legitimate everyday CF.

Eric Byrnes is absolutely, 100%, pure garbage. I'd rather run Pablo out there.

caulfield12
06-10-2006, 01:57 PM
.302, 10, 24 with seven steals wouldn't look too bad right now, would it?

The DBacks are paying him a little more than $2 million.

There's no way Ozuna can play CF....I would rather have Willie Harris or Brian Daubach out there.

Beauty35thStreet
06-10-2006, 04:47 PM
If the Sox win the whole thing again, then I wouldn't have changed a thing. However, if they get knocked out of the first round, I'll be pissed at them for tinkering with things.

CLR01
06-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Hell no. I am sick of the Sox having the second best record in baseball, Thome is a bum and Rowand is the greatest CFer and most clutch hitter ever. Plus I'm upset I don't get to start a thread here at WSI everytime Rowand takes a dump. :whiner::whiner:

Chips
06-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Hell no. I am sick of the Sox having the second best record in baseball, Thome is a bum and Rowand is the greatest CFer and most clutch hitter ever. Plus I'm upset I don't get to start a thread here at WSI everytime Rowand takes a dump. :whiner::whiner:

:thumbsup: My sentiments exactly.

jabrch
06-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Not even close. I wouldn't change a single trade made this off season.

Tell the Truth VC...you'd have wanted to resign Frank... :D:

jabrch
06-10-2006, 07:16 PM
If the Sox win the whole thing again, then I wouldn't have changed a thing. However, if they get knocked out of the first round, I'll be pissed at them for tinkering with things.

That's reasonable.

batmanZoSo
06-10-2006, 07:21 PM
God, give me strength...

Tragg
06-10-2006, 07:48 PM
here's a question- knowing what we know now of course, would you trade viscaiano (spelled wrong i'm sure) and rowand today for jt?
My opinion on the Thome trade is the same as it was when we made it: thumbs up.
My opinion on the Vasquez trade is the same as it was when we made it: thumbs down. But I see why he made it.

Thome25
06-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Sure it would be nice to have Vizcaino in our bullpen which has struggled lately but, I'm glad we have Vazquez in our rotation especially because Garland has struggled early on. Vazquez has been pretty good thus far.

As far as Rowand and the two minor leaguers for Thome. I absolutely WOULD NOT change that one at all. Thome has been UNBELIEVEABLE for us so far.

Rowand is one of my favorite players and in a perfect world, we would have Rowand to solve the issues we've been having in CF AND Thome. But, you have to give something to get something and the Phillies weren't gonna give us Thome for nothing.

SOXSINCE'70
06-11-2006, 10:03 AM
There's no way Ozuna can play CF....I would rather have Willie Harris or Brian Daubach out there.

This is true,but Harris or Daubach playing CF is a nightmare
i'd rather not witness on an everyday basis.

Beauty35thStreet
06-11-2006, 11:52 AM
That's reasonable.

Ha Ha!

soxfanreggie
06-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Heck yes I would make that trade for Thome. He has provided us Silver Slugger offense. Imagine if we had Frank or someone else in that spot and Rowand in center field. Definitely would not have the offense Thome has provided us by those two combined. If BA can get his average up over .220, things will start looking a lot better. If he can get a game or two of 3-5 with a homer under his belt or a couple extra base hits, I think that can spark something for him.

ondafarm
06-11-2006, 02:48 PM

Bravo!!

Dagnabit!! About to be busted by the Turquoise Police!!!!! Again.

santo=dorf
06-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Get back to me in 3 years after the Sox have won at least another World Title. :cool:

Thome and Vazquez are ours until 2008.

Tragg
06-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Viz was the last guy in our pen last year; he usually pitched well, but you couldn't really trust him to lock things down.
El D, on the other hand, was amazing out of the pen in limited chances.