PDA

View Full Version : Catching Buehrle

my5thbench
06-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Earlier in the week I heard on the Score, a White Sox fan call in & report that he had kept track of the last several of Mark's starts. He stated that over the last twenty some starts Mark's record with AJ catching was 12 & 4 while with Widger starting his record was 0 & 7. I was amazed, I have done nothing to check the validity of these stats, but if correct they are eye popping.

No opinion was offered as to why this might occur, no one is pointing a finger at Widger, just pointing out a statistical oddity. I have to wonder if perhaps AJ might know Mark better & call a better game for him, he never shakes off a pitch.

I know that today is a day game after a night game & that the tribe is starting a tough lefty, but that being said I am hoping like hell that AJ is behind the plate for Mark's start today, he could use a goood outing.

go go SOXXXXXXXXXXX

chaerulez
06-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I really think this is just a stat fluke, neither Widger or AJ have the reputation of being a great signal caller like Matheny or Ausmus. But neither have a bad repuation like Piazza or Javy Lopez.

rmusacch
06-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Earlier in the week I heard on the Score, a White Sox fan call in & report that he had kept track of the last several of Mark's starts. He stated that over the last twenty some starts Mark's record with AJ catching was 12 & 4 while with Widger starting his record was 0 & 7. I was amazed, I have done nothing to check the validity of these stats, but if correct they are eye popping.

No opinion was offered as to why this might occur, no one is pointing a finger at Widger, just pointing out a statistical oddity. I have to wonder if perhaps AJ might know Mark better & call a better game for him, he never shakes off a pitch.

I know that today is a day game after a night game & that the tribe is starting a tough lefty, but that being said I am hoping like hell that AJ is behind the plate for Mark's start today, he could use a goood outing.

go go SOXXXXXXXXXXX

Widger is behind the plate.