PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Prospectus'...

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 09:44 PM
Top Forty Prospects (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/20020206prospects.html)

7. Joe Borchard, CF, Chicago White Sox
32. Corwin Malone, LHP, Chicago White Sox

And that's it.

DrCrawdad
02-05-2002, 11:16 PM
Keep in mind that the Sox current 25 man roster is filled with players that the Sox system has produced. If you include Howry, Barcelo & Foulke that adds up to 20 of 25 as being products of the Sox system.

Compare that to the Cubbies, who's farm system is all the rage now. They've only got about 7 players on the 25 man roster from their system.

So the Sox system is producing and it's even been used as trade fodder to bring in players.

The other thing is that IMHO the Sox may not have the big name prospects such as Mark Prior or Corey Patterson, but the Sox seem to have talent in the pipeline.

Last year one of these lauded baseball pubs said that the Sox had the #1 farm system.

Daver
02-05-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Keep in mind that the Sox current 25 man roster is filled with players that the Sox system has produced. If you include Howry, Barcelo & Foulke that adds up to 20 of 25 as being products of the Sox system.

Compare that to the Cubbies, who's farm system is all the rage now. They've only got about 7 players on the 25 man roster from their system.

So the Sox system is producing and it's even been used as trade fodder to bring in players.

The other thing is that IMHO the Sox may not have the big name prospects such as Mark Prior or Corey Patterson, but the Sox seem to have talent in the pipeline.

Last year one of these lauded baseball pubs said that the Sox had the #1 farm system.

The sCrUBS signing of Darren Lewis tells me that they have little faith in Corey Patterson,I think he may be another Brook Keischnik.

Vsahajpal
02-06-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by daver

The sCrUBS signing of Darren Lewis tells me that they have little faith in Corey Patterson,I think he may be another Brook Keischnik.

Lewis was signed to fortify the bench. Brown and Patterson will vie for the spot in center, with Patterson most likely winning out. He just turned 22!

I'd consider Borchard and Rauch to be of that calibre. Those are two of the biggest name prospects in the game right now.

Last year, I believe 3 different publications rated the Sox #1.

czalgosz
02-06-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Lewis was signed to fortify the bench. Brown and Patterson will vie for the spot in center, with Patterson most likely winning out. He just turned 22!

I'd consider Borchard and Rauch to be of that calibre. Those are two of the biggest name prospects in the game right now.

Last year, I believe 3 different publications rated the Sox #1.

The Cubs have outstanding minor-league talent right now - they just don't know what to do with it.

:baylor

I prefer veterans!

bringbackrobin
02-07-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

The Cubs have outstanding minor-league talent right now - they just don't know what to do with it

I second that

Vsahajpal
02-07-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by bringbackrobin

I second that

Ed Lynch is gone, otherwise the Sox would've received Juan Cruz in exchange for Bob Howry during the "playoff" chase a year ago

As far as the Cubs system, I agree. What's scary is that they have 8 of the top 100 picks in this year's draft, inluding 4 of the top 38.

Daver
02-07-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Ed Lynch is gone, otherwise the Sox would've received Juan Cruz in exchange for Bob Howry during the "playoff" chase a year ago

As far as the Cubs system, I agree. What's scary is that they have 8 of the top 100 picks in this year's draft, inluding 4 of the top 38.

What should scare you is the fact that Baylor has no interest in what he has in the minors.

GASHWOUND
02-08-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Well, I really don't count Howry, Foulke, and Barcelo cause we didn't really "groom" them, the Giants did.

Tdub is talking about "the rage" of the Cubs farm system right now and of course 2 secs late a caller proclaimed the Cubs are going to the World Series this year. Sigh... Pitaful