PDA

View Full Version : Chad Bentz

TDog
06-10-2006, 03:25 AM
In Friday's Juneau Empire, the daily newspaper in Alaska's capital, there is a feature (http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/060906/spo_20060609036.shtml) on Chad Bentz and his continuing dream to return to the big leagues with the White Sox. I don't know if the link will work because the newspaper now requires registration. The reporter interviewed Juneau's own Chad about his success and notes that Charlotte has had some success this season.

My favorite quote from the story might make some some people around here roll their eyes.

Playing on a talented, successful team also means there's no shortage of live arms vying for a spot in the defending world champions' bullpen.

But it's not a bad story. Chad isn't doing badly. He says he isn't one to complain, but the replacement umplires have created more arguing and longer games. He has an ERA of about 3.08 with a 4-1 record while people ask him about the hand he can't pitch with.

"Sometimes I'll tell them I lost it to frostbite, or a bear," Bentz said.

He gone
06-10-2006, 12:30 PM
As much as I'm sure there are interesting things happening in Juneau, I'm not ready to register with the Empire to read the article :D:

Oh yeah, Chad is suppose to get a start today.

DSpivack
06-10-2006, 03:21 PM
As much as I'm sure there are interesting things happening in Juneau, I'm not ready to register with the Empire to read the article :D:

Oh yeah, Chad is suppose to get a start today.

If you don't want to register, use BugMeNot.com; http://www.bugmenot.com/view/juneauempire.com

He gone
06-10-2006, 08:29 PM
This season, he's averaging about 11ڳ innings per outing for Charlotte and has started one game for the first-place Knights.

Man, what a work horse :D: Actually a pretty good article. Thanks for the help DSpivack.

Chad is not doing so hot tonight. 3 innings, 5 ER :?: so far.

DSpivack
06-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Man, what a work horse :D: Actually a pretty good article. Thanks for the help DSpivack.

Chad is not doing so hot tonight. 3 innings, 5 ER :?: so far.

No problem, BugMeNot.com is a great site; the passwords don't always work, but that way I read the Atlanta & Chicago papers, NY Times, whatever w/o having to register.