PDA

View Full Version : Rain Rain go away....... game or no game?

GOGOGOPODS
06-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Any one know if this rain is going to be out of here any time soon? I loveeee Saturday home games on Fox. I am going, well hoping to go to the game today. Maybe there will be a delayed start. All I have to say is happy Birthday to Freddy Garcia :happybday
heres to Freddy :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

getonbckthr
06-10-2006, 01:22 AM
They say just trhough the night after midnight so I would assume we should be good for Saturday on Fox.

IlliniSox4Life
06-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Doesn't look good according to weather.com, but then again, Chicago weather is about as unpredictable as Ozzie.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/mlb/gameforecast/60616?eventid=169145

chisoxfanatic
06-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Doesn't look good according to weather.com, but then again, Chicago weather is about as unpredictable as Ozzie.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/mlb/gameforecast/60616?eventid=169145

They could always play it later on in the day. Look at the entire late afternoon/evening's forecast.

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 02:22 AM
To rain all night, durin the day and then a break, 30% for rain in the evening

I dont care if the game is called, im just so grateful the rain has dropped the temp to around 40

EdHerman12
06-10-2006, 06:56 AM
According to the NWS in Chicago there will be major rain at least through noon with temps in the mid 50's. After that rain will be intermittent showers and temps holding in the mid to lower 50's.

It'll be interesting to see how this will pan on on TV. FOX is scheduled to do the game. If it doesn't go off by 12:20 I wonder how long they will wait before pulling the plug on the broadcast? So if they do and the game plays out later who'll do TV?

I've got tickets to the game. I'm going to take the express bus, and hope for the best. Looking at Doppler in the last half hour and there is a ton of rain moving through right now. Let's hope for the best!

GO SOX!

eastchicagosoxfan
06-10-2006, 07:08 AM
My first game this year.....and friggin rain. Well, what can you can do? It looks to be ending in Rockford, and there aren't reports of heavy rain west of there, so I'm hoping it'll be okay by 1:00PM. I'm a glass is half-full guy.:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Madvora
06-10-2006, 07:26 AM
I got tickets too. I guess I'm going to have to keep the radio on to see what they say.
Make sure anybody who hears anything updates this thread. We can make sure we have all the media covered.

ThirdBaseman
06-10-2006, 07:39 AM
I REALLY REALLY hope it's not postponed either. This was also my first game this season and I also took a day off work for it, and I was looking forward to seeing Crede again.

ChicagoHoosier
06-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know the "weather line" or whatever the number is for the Sox to see whether they are playing or postponing? I remember calling this number a few years back for that Yankee game that was on again, off again, and finally played (and we looked awful in the first inning and then a good game after that).

Anyone know? I'll check my other sources.

whitesoxwilkes
06-10-2006, 08:49 AM
It's starting to lighten up ever so slightly here in the West Loop. Fingers are crossed...our plan is to head to the park for batting practice as soon as the England-Paraguay match ends.

DaveIsHere
06-10-2006, 08:50 AM
I think if they delay the game, it will not be broadcasted on TV, though we may get lucky and at least have it on INHD, but then more than likely it would get blacked out:(:

shes
06-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Down to almost a drizzle here in Lincoln Park, about 6-7 miles from the Cell.

anewman35
06-10-2006, 09:10 AM
It'll be interesting to see how this will pan on on TV. FOX is scheduled to do the game. If it doesn't go off by 12:20 I wonder how long they will wait before pulling the plug on the broadcast? So if they do and the game plays out later who'll do TV?

I could be wrong, but I'd think they'd still show the game, at least to the Chicago and Cleveland markets. It's not like Fox has any major things to show after the game is over, looks like all syndicated reruns and news.

ChicagoHoosier
06-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Without a number to call, I think we'll all head down. Family outing today, tailgating, the whole works. Might as well be there and find out then!

jabrch
06-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Normally, rain bothers me. However, today I am sitting in a Skybox for the first time in a long while. So while I hope the game gets in, I will be dry, drunk and happy either way!!!!

Tomorrow night, however, I am back in 113, so it better stay dry.

I want Mags back
06-10-2006, 10:15 AM
i'm feeling a Doubleheader tomorrow:D:

sox_fan_forever
06-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Reifert said in his blog that Roger Bossard said the rain will stop soon and the 12:25 start time will be OK. :bandance:

slobes
06-10-2006, 10:35 AM
I was supposed to umpire a couple of games today, which woulda caused me to miss the entire Sox game. Naturally, I hoped for rain (the games I was supposed to ump have been cancelled), but I forgot that the rain could also cause the Sox to be delayed. My bad.

Frankfan4life
06-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Reifert said in his blog that Roger Bossard said the rain will stop soon and the 12:25 start time will be OK. :bandance:Good info from Roger. At 12:25, we are underway!