PDA

View Full Version : Ken Vining and Onan Masaoka

beausox
02-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Here we are sitting on two young lefty releivesr we don't need. The Padres turend Jay Witascik into D'Angelo Jiminez and Donne Wall into Bubba Trammell. The Reds turned Mark Wohlers into Ricardo Aramboles (a young pitching prospect). The Astros traded Larry Anderson for some prospect named Jeff Bagwell. Last example, Schu turned Matt Karchner into Jon Garland. There are teams liek the Devil Rays, Cubs, and Royals just beggin to be taken advantage of but only the Atheltics, and GM's that used to be with the athletics (Riccardi in Toronto: assistant GM Fuson in Texas) are doing the fleecing. WHen will Ken WIlliams make a move?

Daver
02-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by beausox
Here we are sitting on two young lefty releivesr we don't need. The Padres turend Jay Witascik into D'Angelo Jiminez and Donne Wall into Bubba Trammell. The Reds turned Mark Wohlers into Ricardo Aramboles (a young pitching prospect). The Astros traded Larry Anderson for some prospect named Jeff Bagwell. Last example, Schu turned Matt Karchner into Jon Garland. There are teams liek the Devil Rays, Cubs, and Royals just beggin to be taken advantage of but only the Atheltics, and GM's that used to be with the athletics (Riccardi in Toronto: assistant GM Fuson in Texas) are doing the fleecing. WHen will Ken WIlliams make a move?

The Sox can't get rid of any lefty releivers right now,they are a little thin at that spot.

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 10:21 PM
Daver's right, and in any case, almost all those trades were made in mid-season, between teams that had given up on the season and teams in contention that desperately needed a reliever. During Spring Training, noone will make a trade like that, because they want to look at their own people.

Remember, the Sox got Keith Foulke, Bob Howry, Ken Vining, Mike Caruso, Lorenzo Barcelo, and Jason Dellaero for Wilson Alvarez, Danny Darwin, and Roberto Hernandez.

doublem23
02-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Remember, the Sox got Keith Foulke, Bob Howry, Ken Vining, Mike Caruso, Lorenzo Barcelo, and Jason Dellaero for Wilson Alvarez, Danny Darwin, and Roberto Hernandez.

Sorry, czal, but I'm anal retentive about this stuff...

The Sox drafted Jason Dellaero in the 1997 draft. The guy the Sox also got in the White Flag Trade was Brian Manning... Anyways, not a big mistake at all... I had to look up Manning's name in the Media Guide because he was such a flop and a half.

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Sorry, czal, but I'm anal retentive about this stuff...

The Sox drafted Jason Dellaero in the 1997 draft. The guy the Sox also got in the White Flag Trade was Brian Manning... Anyways, not a big mistake at all... I had to look up Manning's name in the Media Guide because he was such a flop and a half.

Oh well, I was going from memory. Not bad, if I do say so myself.
Besides, I never let the facts get in the way of a good theory. Just ask George.

doublem23
02-05-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Besides, I never let the facts get in the way of a good theory. Just ask George.

LOL!

Meatpants
02-06-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by daver

The Sox can't get rid of any lefty releivers right now,they are a little thin at that spot.

Don't forget, KW says that Osuna's arm action makes him look like a lefty to left-handed hitters. :?:

I almost doubled over when I heard him say that last year.