Sox Win, Indians Lose, Tigers Lose!

:indianslose

:winner

CanBuehrleWait
06-09-2006, 10:28 PM
The Thread title says it all. Thank you JD

HomeFish
It is by the sheer will and talent of JD that we are still a competitive team at this point. What an incredible player, and underrated too.

CLR01
****ing gameday.

Aaron Boone
Pitch 1 - Foul
Pitch 2 - In play, no out recorded

I about cried....:angry:

:bandance:back!

koch44
Jermaine is clutch, and Brian NEEDS to be the starter in center!

Wsoxmike59
06-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Brian Anderson saved the day on defense robbing Hafner of a 2 run 2B.

No chance in Hell Mackowiak ever makes that catch.

Sox win!!!! Good job J.D. and Baaaad Bobby Jenks!! :D:

CLR01
It is by the sheer will and talent of JD that we are still a competitive team at this point. What an incredible player, and underrated too.

:rolleyes:

fuzzy_patters
Don't forget about Brian Anderson. If he had not made that catch, we probably would have lost.

delben91
06-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Jermaine is clutch, and Brian NEEDS to be the starter in center!

If only Anderson could hit even .240.

Jermaine is the man of the hour though. Great effort by Vazquez, though his pitch counts are always sky-high.

Half a game back at the end of the day though, so I'll take it no matter how it comes to be.

samram

Anyway, great job by JD. This guy is an All-Star and MVP candidate. I just keep waiting for one of these one-run wins to spark a six or seven game winning streak.

Dan Mega
Game saving catch by BA. Might that have saved him from being sent to the minors? Let the debate rage on.

Awesome game by JD. MVP of the Sox by far this season.

oeo
06-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Brian makes a game-saving catch, and Dye finishes them off with a game-winning hit. 3 RBI's for Dye, to take them from a 4-2 deficit, to a 5-4 win. MVP! MVP!

Sox-o-matic
This game should end the Brian or Rob in CF argument for good.

Great job to JD, Paulie, and Thome for taking the big walk.

Big props to the whole team for picking up Neal after his one batter, three runs outing.

I love Black Magic!

getonbckthr
Jermaine Dye = awesome
Brian Anderson= Centerfield is his backyard
Rob Mack= should never see CF again.

IlliniSox4Life
06-09-2006, 10:32 PM

Yeah, it's not like Anderson stole 2 runs from Hafner or anybody got on base in front of JD :rolleyes:

eurotrash35
Jermaine is a freaking stud. Just a gamer that does his job every day. He's become my favorite player on the team the way he kicks ass under the radar.

HotelWhiteSox
I have to think that Brian's catch fired up everyone in the building (Reason I was saying I thought it was dumb to boo him for his AB, he'll make you bite your tongue). Amazing how clutch JD is, fulfills the definition.

Comeback kids!

getonbckthr
Brian Anderson 0-4 at bat, 1-1 in saving the game

WhiteSox1983
JD is knockin the ball crazy, and he has missed alot of games too! Also his arm is well respected. Too bad he wont be a starting all star.
2006 all stars

Thome>>>>>Ortiz
Jermaine Dye>>>>>Man Ram
AJ>>>>>>Varitek

what a sham.

santo=dorf
At this point I can't tell if the Sox should be buyers or sellers at the deadline.

whitesoxfan
Great game tonight. Another come-from-behind win. Jermaine is awesome and tonight proved that he is a legitimate MVP threat this year. Our 3-4-5 hitters won the game for us in the 8th.

Also, don't forget about the jams that Javy got us out of. Sure you can say he put us in the jams, but if he didn't get out of those jams, this is an entirely different game. We were very, very, very fortunate that all we allowed in those 6 innings of jams were 4 runs.

All in all, good win tonight. Let's take it to CC tomorrow and hopefully get back into 1st place tomorrow!

I want Mags back
06-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I luuuuuuuuuuv JD

getonbckthr
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
:kneeslap: :kneeslap: At this point I can't tell if the Sox should be buyers or sellers at the deadline.

:kneeslap: :kneeslap:

samram
At this point I can't tell if the Sox should be buyers or sellers at the deadline.

That makes it 4-4 with the rolling eyes.

PAPChiSox729
Brian Anderson 0-4 at bat, 1-1 in saving the game

BA definitely made up for that 0-4.

JB98
The last three wins on this homestand have been reminiscent of last season. Tough-minded, late-inning victories over divisional opponents. Let's get a winning streak going now. I'm SICK AND TIRED of losing to Cheeseburger Boy. Let's kick his fat ass tomorrow.

getonbckthr
06-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Also, don't forget about the jams that Javy got us out of. Sure you can say he put us in the jams, but if he didn't get out of those jams, this is an entirely different game. We were very, very, very fortunate that all we allowed in those 6 innings of jams were 4 runs.

!
No home plate umpire put us in jams Javy got us out.

DickAllen72
06-09-2006, 10:36 PM

Jermaine is the man of the hour though. Great effort by Vazquez, though his pitch counts are always sky-high.

Half a game back at the end of the day though, so I'll take it no matter how it comes to be.

I said the exact same thing about Brian a few minutes ago.

Jermaine has been "Mr. Clutch" this season.

I thought the ump was squeezing Vazquez again tonight. Could it be Vazquez's stuff is so good he fools the umpires???

Let's move into first this weekend! :gulp:

Malgar 12

I'd be happy with .215.

wassagstdu
Good game, great win! That is why BA should be out there every day. I was glad to see that he got some appreciation from the crowd. And what can you say about Jermaine Dye? On his way to an MVP?

Mackowiak in defensively for Pods in the ninth? Must be something wrong with Pods.

Great play by Uribe on the grounder in the hole. On the flip to second, since the Sox won, we'll just credit Grady Sizemore for hustle.

sox_fan_forever
06-09-2006, 10:37 PM
I hope Buehrle returns to form tomorrow! I am going and I want to see a quick, fast, White Sox winner.

In the meantime, I am definitely becoming a big Jermaine Dye fan. :bandance:

JB98
06-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Good game, great win! That is why BA should be out there every day. I was glad to see that he got some appreciation from the crowd. And what can you say about Jermaine Dye? On his way to an MVP?

Mackowiak in defensively for Pods in the ninth? Must be something wrong with Pods.

Great play by Uribe on the grounder in the hole. On the flip to second, since the Sox won, we'll just credit Grady Sizemore for hustle.

There is something wrong with Pods: He can't catch the ball. Ozzie has replaced him for defensive purposes on a regular basis this season.

rookie
06-09-2006, 10:38 PM
I love you Jermaine Dye!

A. Cavatica
06-09-2006, 10:38 PM
There is something wrong with Pods: He can't catch the ball. Ozzie has replaced him for defensive purposes on a regular basis this season.

Yeah, replacing him with a centerfielder playing out of position.

IlliniSox4Life
06-09-2006, 10:39 PM
That makes it 4-4 with the rolling eyes.

Anderson can't even bat as high as I can't get eye rolls

monkeypants
06-09-2006, 10:39 PM
No home plate umpire put us in jams Javy got us out. Don't forget Uribe's lackadaisical defense that should have gotten the Sox out of a 3 run inning.

Thank you JD for having stones of cold steel.

billyvsox
06-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Regarding my comments yesterday that I would rather have BA in centerfield even if he hits .000:

I REST MY CASE

wassagstdu

I've never seen Pods look as shaky as Mack out there -- except tonight.

Lip Man 1
Haffner is rapidly moving to the top of the "Sox Killer" list.

Nice come back win.

Go get em' tomorrow.

Lip

getonbckthr
Dye really needs step up his clutch game he never seems to come through!

DickAllen72
06-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Ozzie just said they decided to stick with BA because the team was built on pitching and defense.

Maybe now Brian will come around after another vote of confidence from Ozzie and the staff.

QCIASOXFAN
06-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I couldnt watch it, so I had to strap it down with R&S and I loved it :bandance: :bandance: :gulp:

JB98
06-09-2006, 10:43 PM

Pods has had a rough year defensively. I can think of three balls he flat out dropped, including one tonight. And he's kicked a few singles into doubles this year too. Despite the many hate-filled diatribes directed toward Mackowiak lately, I think Rob is a better outfielder. Apparently, Guillen agrees.

wassagstdu
06-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Ozzie just said they decided to stick with BA because the team was built on pitching and defense.

Bravo. Absolutely correct.

JB98

Maybe now Brian will come around after another vote of confidence from Ozzie and the staff.

I hope so, but until Brian starts having faith in himself, he's going to struggle at the plate.

oeo
I said the exact same thing about Brian a few minutes ago.

Jermaine has been "Mr. Clutch" this season.

I thought the ump was squeezing Vazquez again tonight. Could it be Vazquez's stuff is so good he fools the umpires???

Let's move into first this weekend! :gulp:

Vazquez was not getting any close calls, while Cliff Lee was getting everything close, and more. I don't think Lee pitched as well as his numbers indicate, they could have blown him out...but we still won, so I'll take it.

Let's take it to Sabathia for once, tomorrow night.

Lip Man 1
On White Sox.com they quoted Ozzie as saying he told BA before the game..'will you start hitting? I'm tired of answering questions about you!'

LOL

Lip

CLR01

I will be happy if it finally puts the BA threads to rest.

DickAllen72
06-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Pods has had a rough year defensively. I can think of three balls he flat out dropped, including one tonight. And he's kicked a few singles into doubles this year too. Despite the many hate-filled diatribes directed toward Mackowiak lately, I think Rob is a better outfielder. Apparently, Guillen agrees.

Mackowiak is definitely a better corner outfielder than Pods. He's just not a centerfielder.

JB98
06-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Mackowiak is definitely a better corner outfielder than Pods. He's just not a centerfielder.

Precisely. Mack is a team player, and he's been doing the best he can in CF. He just isn't very good at it. It is not his fault that he's being asked to do something he can't do.

unclegary
06-09-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm glad that Dye makes my question irrelevant....but....did anyone else but me wonder aloud why Ozzie didn't pinch run for Thome? Sure am looking forward to an 7-1 laugher...:tongue:

DickAllen72
06-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Vazquez was not getting any close calls, while Cliff Lee was getting everything close, and more. I don't think Lee pitched as well as his numbers indicate, they could have blown him out...but we still won, so I'll take it.

Not only was Vazquez not getting anything close, but how about that pitch to Hafner right down the middle that was called a ball?

Let's take it to Sabathia for once, tomorrow night.
Count me in, Bro!
I hope the Sox take it to him tomorrow afternoon too! :D:

rookie
06-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Is it just be or is Mark always pitching againist Sabathia? Isn't this the 3rd time this year?

JB98
06-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Is it just be or is Mark always pitching againist Sabathia? Isn't this the 3rd time this year?

Fourth time.

4/2 White Sox 10, Indians 4
5/2 Indians 7, White Sox 1
5/30 Indians 4, White Sox 3

elrod
06-09-2006, 10:52 PM
A real emotional rollercoaster game. When Uribe fell asleep on that ground ball I had visions of him throwing away that DP grounder against the Cubs. I knew it would hurt us. But when Dye hit that HR the next inning I had a feeling we'd come back.

getonbckthr
06-09-2006, 10:53 PM
I wish they would just tell Brian we don't care if you hit .100 or .400 all we care is that you field your position. Take the pressure off of him. Let him play CF he will start to hit.

FielderJones
06-09-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm glad that Dye makes my question irrelevant....but....did anyone else but me wonder aloud why Ozzie didn't pinch run for Thome?

My wife wondered aloud about that too.

My thought was, if we miss here with 2 outs, we might score 1 in the bottom of the 9th and need Jim in extras. Plus, we have two studs following Jim in the lineup that can get the job done.

thomas35forever
06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Great clutch hitting tonight. Without PK and JD, Wickman would've come in and most likely shut us down. We needed this win tonight.

getonbckthr
06-09-2006, 11:00 PM

My thought was, if we miss here with 2 outs, we might score 1 in the bottom of the 9th and need Jim in extras. Plus, we have two studs following Jim in the lineup that can get the job done.
I was thinking more along the lines of why didn't we run for Paulie on 2nd. Basehit Thome scores for sure but I was a little worried about Paulie making it from 2nd.

nasox
06-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Fourth time.

4/2 White Sox 10, Indians 4
5/2 Indians 7, White Sox 1
5/30 Indians 4, White Sox 3

Looking at those scores, you would think that they would be much less scoring in those games, considering who is pitching. I remember the 5/30 game hyped up as the pitcher's duel of the season which was not the case. BTW, the pitcher's duel of the season was that Friday night game at USCF Buehrle against Santana where Thome hit that two run blast to put us up one in the seventh.

Although, the first match did have a three hour rain delay.

nasox
06-09-2006, 11:08 PM

Maybe they wanted his bat in the lineup if case we only tied the game and we went to extra innings.

beckett21
06-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Haffner is rapidly moving to the top of the "Sox Killer" list.

Nice come back win.

Go get em' tomorrow.

Lip

There's only one 'f' in Hafner; and he doesn't discriminate, he kills everybody.

BA got the last laugh tonight though with the game-saving catch. :cool:

cws05champ
06-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Awsome game tonight!! Our Def almost cost us again tonight until JD came through. Uribe needs to make sure he is going to get that out at 2nd base or he should just go to first with that ball. 2nd night in a row where lazy defense cost us.

But tonight ends allright..Sox win Tigers Lose. All is good with the Universe!

champagne030
06-09-2006, 11:19 PM

I have, and far too often this season. Not props for Mack, but Pods is a very weak at any OF position.

Deuce
06-09-2006, 11:22 PM
It is by the sheer will and talent of JD that we are still a competitive team at this point. What an incredible player, and underrated too.REPENT, HOMEFISH! REPENT!!! :redneck

samram
06-09-2006, 11:23 PM
There's only one 'f' in Hafner; and he doesn't discriminate, he kills everybody.

BA got the last laugh tonight though with the game-saving catch. :cool:

The extra 'f' is for me to tell him to **** off.:D: Man, I hate that guy.

unclegary
06-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Hafner looks like cro magnun man

Jurr
06-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Man...what a night for a drunk post. Sox win! Tigers lose!

Jermaine Dye better be on the all star roster. Period.

SoxSpeed22
06-09-2006, 11:33 PM
I Luuuuv stealing a win.

ShoelessJoeS
06-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Great game for JD, and Paulie had a nice 3-4 day as well.

Vazquez is the MAN with RISP, if he could only get them off base...

And as for Anderson, hopefully people are finally realizing his worth in CF.

Get 'em tomorrow Mark, screw this 0'fer against Sabathia ****.

oeo
06-09-2006, 11:35 PM
On White Sox.com they quoted Ozzie as saying he told BA before the game..'will you start hitting? I'm tired of answering questions about you!'

LOL

Lip
They showed the interview during the game. It was just the same old Ozzie.

And I missed the postgame interview, but from Scott Reifert's blog:

After tonight's game, Ozzie Guillen announced that after lengthy pregame conversations, the club had decided to continue to go with Brian Anderson in center field.

"This team is built around pitching and defense," Guillen said.

The decision was made before Anderson's amazing, run-saving catch against the left-center field wall.
Thank you, it's about time.

EDIT: I guess I should have read the whole thread.

HotelWhiteSox
06-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Ease up on Pods, it was the only ball hit to him, and he messed it up, but I think he anticipated hitting the wall too soon. Mackowiak isn't a magician out there either, but he has a better arm

Gave Dye his props, but also a great night for Konerko, had a great line. Also, everyone 1-5 scored a run (let's ignore the bottom of the order though :redface: But there were some hangwiffems)

sox aka champs
06-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Great win boys!

:supernana::supernana:

nasox
06-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Man...what a night for a drunk post. Sox win! Tigers lose!

Jermaine Dye better be on the all star roster. Period.

Drunk people can't get ellipses right. You haven't had more than two drinks, you thirteen year old, BAC less than .04, cries after a shot, home by nine thirty, water shot doing schoolgir!!!

Now that's a drunk post@@!!!!!!!!!

chisoxfanatic
06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
I have to think that Brian's catch fired up everyone in the building

Sure did! We were all giving him a standing ovation for a couple minutes over that catch, and they played it on the jumbotron a few times!

Jermaine Dye is THE man, I'll tell ya! He'll be an All Star (thank god for Ozzie managing the team), and he's the TEAM MVP! SO clutch!

TDog
06-09-2006, 11:51 PM
I missed following the end of this game. When I left work, I checked and saw Dye had just hit a home run to make the score 4-3. After stopping for groceries on the way home, an accident 20 feet from my turnoff diverted me into a 12-mile detour because of the scarcity of roads where I live. Actually, it would have been a 12-mile detour if there hadn't been a fatal accident blocking traffic in the other direction, several miles from home. After leaving my car in a church parking lot and walking home with groceries, I was sure the Sox were going to lose.

I noticed a couple of things, though. Both bullpens blew saves tonight. The Tigers' bullpen performed worse tonight than the the Sox and Indians combined. In the case of the Sox and Indians, maybe it was just a matter of good hitters rising to the occasion rather than the bullpen sucking.

It sounds like it is important for the Sox to have their best defensive team on the field. That's the team I would usually field, anyway.

Chisox003
06-09-2006, 11:53 PM
BRIAN ****ING ANDERSON!

WOOP!!!

:gulp:

Brian26
06-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Sure did! We were all giving him a standing ovation for a couple minutes over that catch, and they played it on the jumbotron a few times!

Yep, that was a pretty emotional moment. Everyone in the house was on their feet. He had a standing ovation right after the catch and the throw to third, then he got another ovation (even louder) when they showed the replay on the scoreboard.

Frankfan4life
06-09-2006, 11:59 PM
I had an awesome time at the game tonight. I luv JD! The BA catch was just amazing and the crowd really apprciated it.

Pods?? Uribe?? Cotts?? ***!!

And to top off the evening, great fireworks, and the Tiggers lose, too! :D:

chisoxfanatic
06-10-2006, 12:03 AM

He's trying to be like Timo Perez with those one-handed catches.

rwcescato
06-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Brian Anderson saved that game. I guess he can hit under .200
if he can make catches like that. Way to go JD and way to go Eric Wedge
for allowing him to hit. What a dumb move.
Rich

IlliniSox4Life
06-10-2006, 12:08 AM
I'd also like to mention that I called JD's home run in the chat today. Of course, I called Anderson's home run too, he just forgot to hit it :redface:.

TDog
06-10-2006, 12:14 AM
I'd also like to mention that I called JD's home run in the chat today. Of course, I called Anderson's home run too, he just forgot to hit it :redface:.

I don't doubt it. I'm just sorry I missed it.

voodoochile
06-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Third one-run victory in the last 4 days.

Another great game saving catch by Brian Anderson.

Jermaine Dye is simply the Man. It just doesn't get any simpler than that.

I hate Travis Hafner, but who freaking cares...

:winner

:indianslose

Oh and the Jays drop a 8-spot bomb on the kittens in the bottom of the 8th to pull the Sox back within 1/2 game of first.

It just doesn't get any better than that and I cannot think of a better way to spend my 20,000th post at WSI...:supernana:

Gray skies are going to clear up...:)

HomeFish
06-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Both bullpens blew saves tonight.

Holds, not saves.

beckett21
06-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Brian Anderson saved that game. I guess he can hit under .200
if he can make catches like that. Way to go JD and way to go Eric Wedge
for allowing him to hit. What a dumb move.
Rich

In fairness to Wedge, Dye was 0-6 lifetime against Betancourt and there was a lefty (AJ) on deck.

But yeah, it was still a dumb move anyway. Dye's about as hot as a sunspot right now.

Agreed on BA as well. Eventually when he starts hitting, he will own this town. :cool:

beckett21
06-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Holds, not saves.

I don't think you can technically blow a hold. I'm pretty sure it's recorded as a blown save, though I'm not 100% sure.

Essentially it's a save situation until a new pitcher comes into the game.

oeo
06-10-2006, 12:23 AM
In fairness to Wedge, Dye was 0-6 lifetime against Betancourt and there was a lefty (AJ) on deck.

But yeah, it was still a dumb move anyway. Dye's about as hot as a sunspot right now.

Agreed on BA as well. Eventually when he starts hitting, he will own this town. :cool:

Roidencourt was all over the place, though. He left quite a few pitches right there for both Paulie and Dye to hit, that they missed. But they also got a piece of a couple too. :cool:

voodoochile
06-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Holds, not saves.

No such thing as a blown hold. It counts as a blown save because the pitcher was on the hill was in line for a save at the time it was blown.

IlliniSox4Life
06-10-2006, 12:34 AM
It just doesn't get any better than that and I cannot think of a better way to spend my 20,000th post at WSI...:supernana:

:cheers: Congrats! :cheers:

chisoxfanatic
06-10-2006, 12:37 AM

The guy next to me called the Hafner home run, while I called the 2-RBI hit by Dye 2 pitches before his hit (I thought it was gonna be a double, but was close enough).

TDog
06-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Holds, not saves.

Any time a relief pitcher has the lead after the fifth inning and loses the lead, it is a blown save. There is no such thing as a blown hold, but I'm sure the league still counts blown saves for middle and set-up relievers. It is irrelevant that Cotts would not have stayed in to finish the game. Having blown the lead, he never had the opportunity, but the point is moot.

Most vulture pitchers, those who rack up a lot of wins, such as Barry Jones with the White Sox some years ago, have a high number of blown saves.

TheOldRoman
06-10-2006, 12:48 AM
I didn't see the game, but I am certainly glad the Sox won.
However, Coop has A LOT of work to do with the pitchers, Vazquez in particular. This is a guy who has always gone over 200 innings in a season, and he is pitching 5 and 6 innings every game? He really needs to stop wasting pitches and get his count down.

Let's knock that fat **** around tomorrow.

itsnotrequired
06-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Total, classic, White Sox victory action. We damn near lost our minds when JD got the two RBI knock. Anderson's catch was equally awesome but what was also amazing was the fact that he was able to one-hop a throw to third to hold the runner at second after smashing into the wall!

:bandance:

The only "sour" moment of the night was the jag-bags leaving the parking lot that decided to grab a decal off of the pdimas father-figure's car. Some helpful Sox fans a few cars back alerted us to the situation. We got the decal back but some dudes in the offending vehicle felt it best to get out and try and start something with us. We tried to convince them to just get back in their car but they thought throwing a sucker punch in skottyj242's direction was a better idea. Chips, the WSI drinking team did you proud as we threw a few punches and sent the idiots packing. Drillrods.

Sig update time.

thomas35forever
06-10-2006, 12:51 AM
One thing I forgot to mention earlier: who thinks Jermaine should be named to the all-star team?

Timmy D's
06-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm not being negative, nor does it really matter now as JD brings it!!, but dont ya think when Thome walked we shoulda pinch run for him? My dad and I were wonderin' why, as were alot of peeps sittin' by us. I was thinkin' Gload would be the choice available off teh bench, and maybe(we'll never know) he coulda scored off Paulies hit. All worked out in the end, but just wonderin' what everyone thought about that. My thought was ya gotta play for the tie, before ya play for the win, so if I'm coachin', I think I woulda put in a runner for big Jim. Thoughts??

oeo
06-10-2006, 12:57 AM
One thing I forgot to mention earlier: who thinks Jermaine should be named to the all-star team?

He should be, he's having just as good of a season as Vlad is (who is leading the outfield vote). If he's not on the All-Star team, there is something seriously wrong.

Frankfan4life
06-10-2006, 12:59 AM
One thing I forgot to mention earlier: who thinks Jermaine should be named to the all-star team?How about voting for him? I did (at least 25 times today). I'm going to put in at least 100 votes this weekend alone).

Dye deserves to be voted in. How about it Sox Army? Let's get busy!!!

DaleJRFan
06-10-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm not being negative, nor does it really matter now as JD brings it!!, but dont ya think when Thome walked we shoulda pinch run for him? My dad and I were wonderin' why, as were alot of peeps sittin' by us. I was thinkin' Gload would be the choice available off teh bench, and maybe(we'll never know) he coulda scored off Paulies hit. All worked out in the end, but just wonderin' what everyone thought about that. My thought was ya gotta play for the tie, before ya play for the win, so if I'm coachin', I think I woulda put in a runner for big Jim. Thoughts??

Because there were two outs when he was on first. No need to pinch run. Besides, what happens if the game goes into extra frames? You'd remove your best hitter from the lineup.

Glad ta know that you and yo' paps were thinkin' 'bout the situation in tha game, yo'.

beckett21
06-10-2006, 01:00 AM
He should be, he's having just as good of a season as Vlad is (who is leading the outfield vote). If he's not on the All-Star team, there is something seriously wrong.
:ozzie

"As long as I am making the ****ing lineup, he will be on the ****ing team. "

:gulp:

oeo
06-10-2006, 01:01 AM
How about voting for him? I did (at least 25 times today). I'm going to put in at least 100 votes this weekend alone).

Dye deserves to be voted in. How about it Sox Army? Let's get busy!!!
I've got a feeling it will probably be really tough to get him in. My guess is he will be up for the final roster spot, as should Thome. Maybe I'm biased, but those two guys are having great seasons, they deserve to be in Pittsburgh.

johnnyg83
06-10-2006, 01:03 AM
I wonder if they'll ever go to some combo fan vote and player vote to avoid Boston/NY sweeps.

Frankfan4life
06-10-2006, 01:03 AM
I've got a feeling it will probably be really tough to get him in. My guess is he will be up for the final roster spot, as should Thome. Maybe I'm biased, but those two guys are having great seasons, they deserve to be in Pittsburgh.It can be done! We got Pods in last year. We should at least give it one heck of a try.

oeo
06-10-2006, 01:07 AM
It can be done! We got Pods in last year. We should at least give it one heck of a try.
Yeah, of course I'm going to try. But when we got Pods in, that was for the final roster spot, which is easier because there are only like 5 guys and it starts from scratch. I don't know if Dye is too far behind, but he's definately having a better season than that ego-maniac Manny Ramirez, what a crock that he will probably get a starting spot.

Vernam
With Crede out and Ozuna at third, who do you think should have run for Thome?

I'm not sure Ozzie would've done it even if Ozuna had been available, though.

Vernam

IlliniSox4Life
You'd remove your best hitter from the lineup.

:dye:
"He said pinch run for Jim, not me."

CaptainBallz
06-10-2006, 01:08 AM
These 2005-esque games give me the scoots.

BA is necessary in CF. Like I heard on the postgame, having him out there preventing runs is just as good as him being at the plate manufacturing them. His crappy hitting will just have to be tolerated for now...just imagine when he turns it around!! Credence pt. II!!

Let's keep it going tomorrow...:bandance:

getonbckthr
06-10-2006, 01:11 AM
The only "sour" moment of the night was the jag-bags leaving the parking lot that decided to grab a decal off of the pdimas father-figure's car. Some helpful Sox fans a few cars back alerted us to the situation. We got the decal back but some dudes in the offending vehicle felt it best to get out and try and start something with us. We tried to convince them to just get back in their car but they thought throwing a sucker punch in skottyj242's direction was a better idea. Chips, the WSI drinking team did you proud as we threw a few punches and sent the idiots packing. Drillrods.

Sig update time.
What do we have to do babysit you guys. I see a tribune article already!

GOGOGOPODS
06-10-2006, 01:12 AM
JD is the man. He is hitting over .500 this year with runner's in scoring position? I think I heard Farmer saying this on the radio as I was trying to tune out my girlfriend while I was listening to the game. JD-MVP that's all I have to say. BA saved that game in center to, Macko would've not of gotten there.
Why wasn't anyone running for Thome?

tebman
06-10-2006, 01:14 AM
These 2005-esque games give me the scoots.

BA is necessary in CF. Like I heard on the postgame, having him out there preventing runs is just as good as him being at the plate manufacturing them. His crappy hitting will just have to be tolerated for now...just imagine when he turns it around!! Credence pt. II!!

Let's keep it going tomorrow...:bandance:
Amen! I was there tonight as well and was heartened by the love-fest for BA that went on tonight. Each time he came to bat, the crowd cheered and urged him on. Everybody wants him to succeed.

After that catch I thought he might very well have saved his job.

Oh...and I *luuvvv* two-run base hits! :bandance:

itsnotrequired
06-10-2006, 01:17 AM
What do we have to do babysit you guys. I see a tribune article already!

If dudes want to act the fool, then they can reap what they sow.

Seriously, what were these guys thinking? We're having some post game drinks in the grass next to the car and these guys pull a decal off of pdimas' dad's car while they are in line to get out. We get the decal back and instead of the dudes simply saying they were sorry, they want to get out and take us on? It was like 8 on 2! It was all jawing until one guy took a sucker-swing at scottyj242. Dude wasn't even close to making contact but it was game over at that point. The guy was basically pile-driven back into the car.

itsnotrequired
06-10-2006, 01:21 AM
JD is the man. He is hitting over .500 this year with runner's in scoring position? I think I heard Farmer saying this on the radio as I was trying to tune out my girlfriend while I was listening to the game. JD-MVP that's all I have to say. BA saved that game in center to, Macko would've not of gotten there.
Why wasn't anyone running for Thome?

Yep. Right before he got the hit, they flashed the stat up on the board. .485 with RISP and two outs.

Fuller_Schettman
06-10-2006, 01:22 AM
This is a blown hold

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/tv2/movies/wk30_theres_something_c.jpg

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Amazing game, i was in section 534, surprisingly 2 balls came up in the sections surrounding me. Just a great game and a great crowd for once

Fuller_Schettman
06-10-2006, 01:23 AM
If dudes want to act the fool, then they can reap what they sow.

Seriously, what were these guys thinking? We're having some post game drinks in the grass next to the car and these guys pull a decal off of pdimas' dad's car while they are in line to get out. We get the decal back and instead of the dudes simply saying they were sorry, they want to get out and take us on? It was like 8 on 2! It was all jawing until one guy took a sucker-swing at scottyj242. Dude wasn't even close to making contact but it was game over at that point. The guy was basically pile-driven back into the car.

I thought Barrett was in Cincy!?! :?:

itsnotrequired
06-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Amazing game, i was in section 534, surprisingly 2 balls came up in the sections surrounding me. Just a great game and a great crowd for once

For once?

:?:

Crowds have been great all year.

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 01:26 AM
For once?

Ive usually been annoyed by jagbags, waves, throw back chants and people standing in the aisles while im tryin to watch

itsnotrequired
I thought Barrett was in Cincy!?! :?:

Funny you should mention that. For whatever reason, skottyj242 was sporting a Reds cap. One of the dudes took this to mean he wasn't a "real" Sox fan and therefore subject to a beating. While some pushing was happening, he actually looked at my Sox hoodie and said "See, you're a Sox fan. Why are you hanging out with this Reds fan?"

oeo
For once?

This was actually one of the smaller ones, wasn't it?

itsnotrequired
06-10-2006, 01:28 AM
Ive usually been annoyed by jagbags, waves, throw back chants and people standing in the aisles while im tryin to watch

No problems in my section. Sure, people get up from time-to-time but not so much that it is an undue burden on my enjoyment. The wave has only happened at 4 or 5 games. I can deal...

Fuller_Schettman
06-10-2006, 01:29 AM
I just want to throw out some props to New Daddy. He SMOKED some shots tonight, but they just didn't fall. Tough break on that force at 2nd, but Juan is gonna get hot here pretty quick...

itsnotrequired
This was actually one of the smaller ones, wasn't it?

Not really but the crowd was small considering it was a Friday night game against a major divisional foe. Lots of empty seats in the UD corners. Still over 30k in attendance.

getonbckthr
Funny you should mention that. For whatever reason, skottyj242 was sporting a Reds cap. One of the dudes took this to mean he wasn't a "real" Sox fan and therefore subject to a beating. While some pushing was happening, he actually looked at my Sox hoodie and said "See, you're a Sox fan. Why are you hanging out with this Reds fan?"

So Skotty is a fake, he's really a Reds fan. Or is that just because they are in first place now. Ya we see how it is Skotty.:D:

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 01:30 AM
No problems in my section. Sure, people get up from time-to-time but not so much that it is an undue burden on my enjoyment. The wave has only happened at 4 or 5 games. I can deal...

Last game i went to UD, the people standing to get to seats was revolting. I was glad i didnt have my view obstructed during AB's for once

as for crowd attendence, 33,022 i wanna say

TheOldRoman
06-10-2006, 01:30 AM
I wonder if they'll ever go to some combo fan vote and player vote to avoid Boston/NY sweeps.
It wouldn't make much of a difference. The players have shown that they are every bit the imbeciles the average fan is.
Players vote on gold gloves. Gold gloves hardly go to the best defensive players anymore. Instead, they go to good hitters at every position. Jeter has maybe the worst range of any regular shortstop, but he has won the last 2 gold gloves. They hear a name and say "oh, I have heard of him. He must be good defensively." It is like an 8th grader voting his lazy, dumb friend for class president over someone who would actually take the job seriously. Gold Gloves don't go to the right people, and players would do as bad a job in picking all stars.

ilsox7
06-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Last game i went to UD, the people standing to get to seats was revolting. I was glad i didnt have my view obstructed during AB's for once

as for crowd attendence, 33,022 i wanna say

It was 33,909. For an awful June night, I thought it was pretty good. The walk-up had to be almost non-existent.

TornLabrum
06-10-2006, 01:33 AM
A perfect day today!

First the WCSF luncheon. Ozzie was excellent and let us know before the media did that a meeting had occurred in which Anderson was told he would be staying and was informed of what was expected of him. It also turns out that Chris Singleton talking baseball with Ozzie makes for an entertaining afternoon. Spent lunch at the table with Ozzie, Singleton, and Scott Reifert.

Then back home to get my tickets and warmer clothes and back to the ballpark. After the first inning, I was afraid that corpseball was going to make another uninvited appearance. Especially after some of those 10-pitch innings our offense handed Cliff Lee.

I was encouraged when Dye hit that homer, but after Anderson's catch, just seeing the way those guys were behaving in the dugout, I KNEW we'd come back. Bad Bobby gave me a scare, but that's all it was, thank heavens.

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 01:34 AM
It was 33,909. For an awful June night, I thought it was pretty good. The walk-up had to be almost non-existent.

Heard some people who had tix but friends did walk up, got seats few rows from wall in right field, so walk up musta been 50\50

Fuller_Schettman
06-10-2006, 01:34 AM
I had to leave when Thornton came in. I sure wish mlb.com would post the BA catch and Dye hit...

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 01:36 AM
I had to leave when Thornton came in. I sure wish mlb.com would post the BA catch and Dye hit...

I dont think i was ever present for an ovation like the one given to anderson after that catch and then when he came off the field

Where the hell did he get a gun like that, he nearly hit thirdbase without a hop

itsnotrequired
06-10-2006, 01:37 AM
The walk-up had to be almost non-existent.

Bingo. There were much larger crowds at the Tigers, Athletics and Angels weekday games. Nice weather = larger walk up. Still, I figured people would have jumped on this game weeks ago.

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Bingo. There were much larger crowds at the Tigers, Athletics and Angels weekday games. Nice weather = larger walk up. Still, I figured people would have jumped on this game weeks ago.

The stadium was pretty full, except for the UD corners per usual sox games

Question, when did cops start blocking 35th street at grandstand not allowing u to drive to the park before the game?

itsnotrequired
06-10-2006, 01:41 AM
The stadium was pretty full, except for the UD corners per usual sox games

False statement. The UD corners were the emptiest I've seen them in over a month.

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 01:43 AM
False statement. The UD corners were the emptiest I've seen them in over a month.

I ment per what the sox normally did before the series. Only the outfield\bleechers were way more filled

oeo
06-10-2006, 01:44 AM

That's what I noticed on TV. I think Hawk said the attendance was like 33,000, which is one of the lower attendances in awhile.

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 01:45 AM
That's what I noticed on TV. I think Hawk said the attendance was like 33,000, which is one of the lower attendances in awhile.

Did they advertise fireworks night? Cuz i didnt even know that was the promotion till they started trying to pawn off glowsticks

itsnotrequired
06-10-2006, 09:18 AM

Both the catch and the hit are up now.

Hitmen77
06-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Now let win this frickin series!!!!

Every series against Cleveland so far this year, the Sox won the 1st game and then dropped the rest of the games in the series. :angry:

After that we start a tough stretch against 2 first place teams - including a DH-less series in Cincy. Good time for the offense (namely Pods, Iguchi) to start clicking again.

Chips
06-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Good to see timely hitting again. Thome drew a key two-out walk, PK kicked ass and Dye did too.

robiwho
06-10-2006, 09:46 AM
I was at Puffer's with a friend for the last half of the game. The place went nuts with Brian's catch and JD's base hit. Glad I made it there in time!

chisoxfanatic stopped by later in the evening and told us about the parking lot incident -- looks like skotty won't have to buy another beer all season!

viagracat
06-10-2006, 09:46 AM
JD, your table is ready. :smile:

batmanZoSo
06-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Not a pretty win, but thanks Jermaine. I'm bugged by Vazquez constantly having to get out of jams and the sloppy defense. Pods dropping the ball and what the hell was Uribe thinking? That stuff costs you ballgames normally. Oh well as long as we're winning. 3/4 against our two rivals.

wassagstdu
06-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Interesting to recall that Jermaine Dye was hitting .175 at the end of April, 2005, and only .228 at the end of May, 2005. Anderson has had 123 AB, compared to 171 for Dye in April and May, 2005. I don't know how to find Dye's BA after 123 AB in 2005, but I'll bet it was close to .200. Hard to remember that now, and it might be hard to remember Anderson's slow start by next year at this time.

fquaye149
06-10-2006, 10:25 AM
The extra 'f' is for me to tell him to **** off.:D: Man, I hate that guy.

the extra b stands for byobb

HomeFish
06-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Interesting to recall that Jermaine Dye was hitting .175 at the end of April, 2005, and only .228 at the end of May, 2005. Anderson has had 123 AB, compared to 171 for Dye in April and May, 2005. I don't know how to find Dye's BA after 123 AB in 2005, but I'll bet it was close to .200. Hard to remember that now, and it might be hard to remember Anderson's slow start by next year at this time.

Jermaine Dye also had, you know, a historical record of actually doing well at the major league level.

batmanZoSo
06-10-2006, 10:32 AM
the extra b stands for byobb

What's that extra B for? :D:

slobes
06-10-2006, 10:42 AM
I finally saw that Anderson catch, that was amazing, very Rowand-esque. Too bad Dye isn't a fan favorite though, or else the entire crowd would have been going crazy last night.

voodoochile
06-10-2006, 11:18 AM

Rather have a chance for him to bat again in the ninth. If somehow the Sox load the bases and fail to score in that situation, there is a chance Thome would come up in the ninth as the last bullet in the gun...

fquaye149
06-10-2006, 12:00 PM
What's that extra B for? :D:

that's a typo

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Not a pretty win, but thanks Jermaine. I'm bugged by Vazquez constantly having to get out of jams and the sloppy defense. Pods dropping the ball and what the hell was Uribe thinking? That stuff costs you ballgames normally. Oh well as long as we're winning. 3/4 against our two rivals.

His fastball didnt seem there\was wild, it was his changeup that was killin batters

russ99
06-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Ease up on Pods, it was the only ball hit to him, and he messed it up, but I think he anticipated hitting the wall too soon. Mackowiak isn't a magician out there either, but he has a better arm

Actually, there may be something wrong with Pods - he showed no speed around the bases in the 1st. Ozuna could have run past him.

Maybe the groin is acting up again...

Fuller_Schettman
06-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Both the catch and the hit are up now.

Who are the guys doing the PBP & colour on those clips? Anybody? Bueller?