PDA

View Full Version : Houston Astros 2005 season DVD

RadioheadRocks
06-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Has anyone here had a look at the Astros' 2005 season DVD? Been out for a couple months now and I'm thinking about picking up a copy to get a look at their overall season, plus to see the World Series from a different perspective. The Virgin Megastore in Dallas (right near SMU) is closing on June 18 and everything's half off there, so I might take advantage of the discount and pick up a copy there.

Feel free to share your comments if you've seen the DVD.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000EQ47SG.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V56331484_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000EQ47SG/ref=dp_image_0/104-9430938-4073519?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=130&s=dvd)

JUribe1989
06-10-2006, 12:07 AM
It mostly focuses on the season and I love Milo Hamilton so being able to hear his view of the playoffs was great. I really advise Sox fans to check it out.

RadioheadRocks
06-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the input, sounds like it's worth picking up. If I have any misgivings, it would be that there might be more of Brandon Backe's hootin' and hollerin' on his wireless microphone (enough of which made its way on the World Series DVD). He pitched a pretty incredible game in that duel with Freddy but I can't tell you how many times I wished someone would cut his microphone off!

RadioheadRocks
06-13-2006, 06:43 PM
UPDATE!!! Went down to Dallas yesterday and picked up the DVD at the Virgin Megastore (along with a couple of CDs... gotta take advantage of that 50% off everything!!!). It's actually quite well done, with a comprehensive look at the "Stros' rollercoaster ride of a season, their exciting playoff games and of course the World Series from their point of view. There's plenty of interviews (much like Sox Pride and the World Series DVD), also great use of player wireless microphones (Backe of course is there but not TOO much!). Extras include all three innings Clemens pitched in relief in that final ALDS game vs. the Braves, Burke's blast in the bottom of the 18th, the final inning of the pennant clincher vs. the Cardinals (including post-game reactions and presentation of the NL trophy), and also the at-bats where Craig Biggio tied and then took over the hit-by-pitch crown from Don Baylor. Definitely worth at least a look, if you're not planning on purchasing it!

Also an FYI for anyone here in the Dallas area who still doesn't have the World Series DVD box set yet... as of yesterday afternoon the Virgin Megastore has ONE COPY LEFT (after I did some early Xmas shopping and purchased the other one!), so if you'd like this baby at HALF OFF now's the time to get it! The store closes for good Sunday the 18th, so hurry on down and grab it while you can!!! :D: