PDA

View Full Version : good shops for sox gear around the cell besides Grandstand?

HartmanSox
06-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm going to the game on Sunday and would like to pick up some items before the game. Grandstand would be ideal, but their website shows them being closed on Sundays. What other places around the area are good for Sox gear?

RadioheadRocks
06-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm going to the game on Sunday and would like to pick up some items before the game. Grandstand would be ideal, but their website shows them being closed on Sundays. What other places around the area are good for Sox gear?

I could be wrong, but I think Grandstand is open on all home game days at least 1 to 2 hours after the game.

HartmanSox
06-09-2006, 08:23 PM
yeah but me and my GF need new stuff to wear during the game. :tongue:

not to keen on buying things at the ballpark either.

HartmanSox
06-09-2006, 08:59 PM
any other suggestions?

esbrechtel
06-10-2006, 12:48 AM
i have a business card that says special hours on game days....so i believe they are still open...

HotelWhiteSox
06-10-2006, 01:00 AM
I would try calling them tomorrow and asking if they are open before the game Sunday 773-927-1984 or you can shoot off an email to them now at customerservice@grandstandsox.com

I don't know the area that well, but if you have a Sportmart/Sports Authority or a mall nearby (Finish Line, Champs, etc), those stores should at least have shirts and hats

getonbckthr
06-10-2006, 01:20 AM
yeah but me and my GF need new stuff to wear during the game. :tongue:

not to keen on buying things at the ballpark either.
I apologize if this is not true, but did you become a fan anytime after August 1st of 2005? And be honest we won't crucify you!:D:

getonbckthr
06-10-2006, 01:20 AM
repost sorry!

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2006, 01:54 AM
the homeless guys or the carts next to the parking lots selling bootleg merch

ewokpelts
06-10-2006, 11:32 AM
sportmart's open 7 days a week....cheaper than grandstand or the park

HartmanSox
06-10-2006, 06:54 PM
I apologize if this is not true, but did you become a fan anytime after August 1st of 2005? And be honest we won't crucify you!:D:

No I've been a fan since I was 6. Why do you ask.

Chips
06-10-2006, 06:59 PM

He probably missed the word "new" in your post about getting new gear. And thus assumed you were a new fan with no Sox clothing, etc, etc.

buehrle4cy05
06-10-2006, 07:04 PM
If there's a Champs by you, they have the best selection in player shirts and jerseys.

MarySwiss
06-10-2006, 07:21 PM
I think he's basing it on your WSI join date of April 2006.

My advice? Let it go. I joined WSI in--I believe--June of 2005. Been a fan since the mid-'50s, however. But I've had "longtime" posters attack me as well. To paraphrase a WSI mod, "You are not your join date."

Ol' No. 2
06-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm going to the game on Sunday and would like to pick up some items before the game. Grandstand would be ideal, but their website shows them being closed on Sundays. What other places around the area are good for Sox gear?I have been to Grandstand many times on Sundays. I think that applies only to non-game days.

WS in 05
06-10-2006, 07:55 PM
is this your first game? if so don't bother the frontrunners are already ruining the ballpark and the game...jumping out of their seats at shallow fly balls like they do 9 miles north.....just wear the stuff you already have...probably some cubs gearno more bandwagoners

Ol' No. 2
06-10-2006, 08:02 PM
is this your first game? if so don't bother the frontrunners are already ruining the ballpark and the game...jumping out of their seats at shallow fly balls like they do 9 miles north.....just wear the stuff you already have...probably some cubs gearno more bandwagonersI notice you have a join date of October 2005.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Domeshot17
06-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Its amazing how people start acting with new fans coming. I sat next to this kid at ring day, probably right around my age (lower 20s). He made a big deal about how he has been coming to games for years and it sucks that he is in the upper deck for ring day. I real didnt feel any sympathy as i was going through the same thing and many others were as well. Then Freddy gave up a home run, where he proceeded to chant throw it back, and when the person didnt, he called him a cubs fan (like that person heard from thousands of feet away). Then, the guy infront of us turned around and to him and said "Hey Bandwagon, this aint wrigley, we don't play that **** here". One of the best laughs I have ever had at a game.

I really get amused at this "How long have you been a sox fan" war going on lately. Its like a pissing match over who is more of a man. Maybe later you guys can hop in your cars and play chicken, and the guy who bails out first is obviously the cubs fan.

Grzegorz
06-11-2006, 05:28 AM
I notice you have a join date of October 2005.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Hmm, I was born into a White Sox family in 1963. I was a White Sox fan for all these years. I joined WSI on 04.09.2006 because another member turned me on to WSI.

Am I a bandwagon jumper? Damn, I've been a Chicago Blackhawks fan for just as long as a Chicago White Sox.

Judge not, lest ye be judged; the sword cuts both ways...