PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Chen for Aaron Rowand

beausox
02-05-2002, 07:56 PM
This deal makes a lot of sense to me. Chen is young (26 I think), the Mets need another outfielder already have a tonf of starting pitchers and are putting Chen in the pen. Chen could be our fifth starter for this eyar and years to come. Borchard will be coming up after Lofton making Rowand more than expendable. I don't see a downside to this deal.

Viva Magglio
02-05-2002, 08:04 PM
I would hate to lose his bat, but I think the outfielder who gets traded will be Carlos Lee. While Lee may have a better bat than Aaron Rowand, I think the Sox see more Crash than Caballo in their future plans.

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 08:05 PM
Um... I think once the Mets are through laughing they would say no.

garlandrules
02-06-2002, 12:32 AM
WE ALREADY HAVE A LOT OF YOUNG PITCHING. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ANOTHER VETERAN LIKE RITCHIE COME OVER TO JOIN US. BUEHRLE, RITCHIE, GARLAND AND WRIGHT WOULD BE FINE WITH ONE MORE VET. I LIKE WHAT ROWAND BRINGS TO THE PARK. HE ALWAYS PLAYS HARD. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS HE BATS RIGHT LIKE MOST OF THE SOX LINEUP.

RichH55
02-06-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by garlandrules
WE ALREADY HAVE A LOT OF YOUNG PITCHING. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ANOTHER VETERAN LIKE RITCHIE COME OVER TO JOIN US. BUEHRLE, RITCHIE, GARLAND AND WRIGHT WOULD BE FINE WITH ONE MORE VET. I LIKE WHAT ROWAND BRINGS TO THE PARK. HE ALWAYS PLAYS HARD. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS HE BATS RIGHT LIKE MOST OF THE SOX LINEUP.

Welcome to the board, but easy on the CAPS......Chen for Rowand would be a helluva deal for the Sox, but I doubt it is in the plans.......I'd take it in a heartbeat, which generally leads me to believe it wont happen

longshot7
02-06-2002, 01:15 AM
sure I'd do it, but how realistic is this?

how bout if we trade Osuna for Curt Schilling?

MisterB
02-06-2002, 02:47 AM
Chen could be our fifth starter for this [year] and years to come.

It's always crucial to find someone to nail down that all-important fifth spot in the rotation... :D:

Chen has youth on his side and has already pitched well out of the 'pen with the Braves. But '01 was his first full year in the rotation and didn't fare nearly as well. I think as a back-of-the-rotation pitcher we could get a similar performance out of Glover. At this point, he'd do better in the 'pen, but the Sox already are overcrowded there.

RedPinStripes
02-06-2002, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by garlandrules

WHY ARE YOU TALKING SO LOUD?

RedPinStripes
02-06-2002, 06:47 AM
I don't think that trade would fly at all. I would love to see Dumbass Caballo go for a decent pitcher though.

RichH55
02-06-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I would hate to lose his bat, but I think the outfielder who gets traded will be Carlos Lee. While Lee may have a better bat than Aaron Rowand, I think the Sox see more Crash than Caballo in their future plans.

I dont really see this at all....I guess we will agree to disagree on the point....If the Sox thought Rowand was the future then no Kenny signing or at least no Kenny until Lee was dealt. Plus most of KWs comments hint that he is a Lee fan(taken with a grain of salt of course) Lee also has a two year deal.....I think that Lee will help make the decesion whether he is in our future plans with his bat this season....I would think if Lee falters, he is dealt and Willie Harris gets first crack at CF, with Mags moving to LF as LTP becomes the RF for the next decade....just my thoughts...I thinkRowand is earmarked for 4th OF or tradebait

cornball
02-06-2002, 08:09 AM
I have heard KW on radio the past few days and he sounds great. The way he is talking i believe they will aquire another pitcher.

He is talking championship and allowing the Crede's and Rowand's..... and the rest... time to get to not major league type play but championship play.

As long as he doesnt say like Wanny did...."all the pieces are in place. hahaha

AsInWreck
02-06-2002, 12:52 PM
The sox have plenty of promising young pitchers who have yet to be successful in ML/they don't extactly have a ton of position players lining up, though, i'd be against this trade