PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea??

getonbckthr
06-09-2006, 04:40 PM
This based on the hope that Montero and Tracey continue to stockpile solid outings.
I say we deal Sweeney, Haegar and Mccarthy for Crawford, then to sure up the pen go after Roberto Hernandez to setup as I doubt it will cost much to get him from the Pirates. Now I understand you guys are thinking thats too much for Crawford. The way i'm looking at it is our future outfield (if all goes as planned for KW) is i'm assuming Owens, Anderson and Sweeney. Crawford is still young enough to where he simply replace Sweeney in future plans but is good enough to make an impact this season. I know everyone loves B MAC and Haegar has quite a following himself but you figure our rotation is signed through 07. If we decide to deal Garland and the end of the season Kenny has always said he won't deal pitching without getting some in return (Garland for Wood?). So for 2008 I would assume Liotta and Broadway should be ready by then. Crawford would take Mccarthy's spot on the roster and Hernandez would replace Gload. Anderson would stay on the roster as an 8th and 9th inning replacement, the backup Outfielder, with occasional starts throughout the remainder of the season (like against a tough Lefty give Pods a day). Pablo and Cintron would be the reserve middle infielders with Mackowiak as the backup corner infielder and emergency outfielder.
You maybe asking why would Tampa wanna do this deal? Simple their biggest problem is not offense, its pitching. The addition of B MAC and Haegar would give 4 solid youngsers in their rotation and they replace Crawford with a slightly younger Sweeney.

Jjav829
06-09-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd like to go get Albert Pujols, but it ain't happening.

Why do people continue to talk about Crawford? There hasn't been any indication that the Devil Rays would consider trading him.

beckett21
06-09-2006, 04:43 PM
I definitely think you would be overpaying for Crawford in that scenario. Granted he wouldn't be cheap, but they have too many OF already. No need to give them Sweeney.

I haven't honestly paid much attention to Hernandez this season, but I'd rather take a chance on someone like Salomon Torres over him.

getonbckthr
06-09-2006, 04:48 PM
I definitely think you would be overpaying for Crawford in that scenario. Granted he wouldn't be cheap, but they have too many OF already. No need to give them Sweeney.

I haven't honestly paid much attention to Hernandez this season, but I'd rather take a chance on someone like Salomon Torres over him.
Hernandez's numbers:
27 games 0-1 2.30 era 20 k's 13 BB's, 2 saves in 3 oppertunities, 27.1 IP 21 hits 10 runs 7 earned 2 homers

Torres would most likely cost a bunch more than Hernandez because of age.

CHIsoxNation
06-09-2006, 04:48 PM
I think that's way too much to give up for Crawford. And I don't know if it's such a good idea to have so many first and second year players on the big league club when you are trying to build a championship team for years to come. I think it's a bit much to assume that all of those guys will be ready in the next year or two.

beckett21
06-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Hernandez's numbers:
27 games 0-1 2.30 era 20 k's 13 BB's, 2 saves in 3 oppertunities, 27.1 IP 21 hits 10 runs 7 earned 2 homers

Torres would most likely cost a bunch more than Hernandez because of age.

Roberto's numbers are pretty good. I'd just be waiting for the other shoe to drop. Same thing with a Jose Mesa.

Torres would probably cost more, agreed. But I also think that the reward would be greater. His numbers are pretty inflated right now, so he may be had at a cheaper rate.