PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sweeney..

JermaineDye05
06-09-2006, 03:49 PM
If Brian continues to struggle what are the chances the sox decide to switch him up with Ryan Sweeney, he's been lookin good in AAA with a .315 avg 3 hr and 25 rbi

tweek57
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
You send down the rookie with great CF defense for the rookie who is just this year playing CF for the first time in his life? Also Sweeney has a sore hammy which is one of the reasons why he isn't playing CF at Charlotte right now, he's moved back to RF for the time being with Owens and Rivera getting the majority of the time in CF. You'll probably see Tony Torcato before you see Ryan Sweeney.

Britt Burns
06-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Not to mention that I think KW would prefer a right handed bat in center, given all the troubles we've had with lefties.

Lip Man 1
06-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Ozzie has already said Sweeney and Owens are not the answer because both hit left handed. He said the Sox are 'overloaded' with leftys.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
06-09-2006, 04:49 PM
He said the Sox are 'overloaded' with leftys.

Whatever that means. :rolleyes:

Overloaded with lefties who aren't that great with the bat and aren't that great in the field? Definitely.

RKMeibalane
06-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Ozzie has already said Sweeney and Owens are not the answer because both hit left handed. He said the Sox are 'overloaded' with leftys.

Lip

It's almost a complete reversal of three seasons ago, when the Sox were primarilly a right-handed hitting team.

He gone
06-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Also Sweeney has a sore hammy which is one of the reasons why he isn't playing CF at Charlotte right now, he's moved back to RF

He played CF tonight and made his 1st error of the season.

DaleJRFan
06-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Brian Anderson just showed why he needs to play CF every day, regardless of his hitting, saved two runs on a great running catch at the wall and threw a strike to Ozuna at 3rd... Anyone else in CF and that play would have blew the game wide open.

Sox-o-matic
06-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Brian Anderson just showed why he needs to play CF every day, regardless of his hitting, saved two runs on a great running catch at the wall and threw a strike to Ozuna at 3rd... Anyone else in CF and that play would have blew the game wide open.

I contend that not even the great Aaron Rowand would have made that play.

BRDSR
06-10-2006, 01:13 AM
I contend that not even the great Aaron Rowand would have made that play.

Duh. Rowand takes bad routes.

Actually, he does. But you know what play he would have made? Podsednik's dropped fly ball. Right before the ball gets there you can see Pods lower his head in preparation for hitting the wall. Although of course Rowand never played left, it did make me miss him for a minute. One thing Rowand never did was take his eye off the ball.