PDA

View Full Version : Good Lord...

doublem23
02-05-2002, 07:48 PM
I just heard the new Sox radio comercial (with Jerry Manuel talking about the roster and how good the team will be)...

AND IT SUCKS!!!!!

Jerry_Manuel
02-05-2002, 07:53 PM
I know, it's really bad.

Gallas is a joke.

Procol Harum
02-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Yowsa, that bit where Manuel talks about the Indians, Mariners, A's, and Yankees having to bring their "A" game when they come into Comiskey 'cuz this team is gonna be ready to play is pure cornball--this is the best Gallas & friends can do?

:gallas
"Luckily I am a marketing genius, because we can't get any better unless we attract 3 million fans..."

CubKilla
02-05-2002, 09:24 PM
Agreed. Are they ever going to try a different marketing approach? Tell people about the Bullpen Sports Bar or SOMETHING different to draw the casual baseball fan. Aren't they gonna build a restaurant in the new greenery of the CF batter's eye? Talk about the good second half and encourage people to come see the new renovations to New Comiskey and the new team additions to the White Sox. When are Gallas and Co. gonna realize that these radio spots only draw the DIEHARDS WHO WILL BE THERE ANYWAY!!!!! Market the team and New Comiskey to the CASUAL FAN. You know..... the one who goes to Wrigley because the media tells them Wrigley and the Cubs are Chicago's team. Prove to the casual fan what real Chicago baseball and, more importantly, what real Chicago baseball fans are all about.

doublem23
02-05-2002, 09:26 PM
This is insane.... If I'm coming up with names like "The New Kids on the Sox" for WSI, there's no way these paid professionals can't come up with anything better....

But, as usual, WSI proves to be the best collection of minds in the face of the Earth... Suck on that, Mensa!

Daver
02-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
This is insane.... If I'm coming up with names like "The New Kids on the Sox" for WSI, there's no way these paid professionals can't come up with anything better....

But, as usual, WSI proves to be the best collection of minds in the face of the Earth... Suck on that, Mensa!

Ummm,I think you forgot about me Doublem.:redneck

pearso66
02-05-2002, 09:45 PM
hearing what you guys say about the new marketing campaign, it makes me glad im not in chicago right now, i dont wanna hear the crap they are saying

bjmarte
02-05-2002, 10:39 PM
Suck on that, Mensa!

ROFL!!!

I don't know what it is, something about the combination of those four words that I can't stop laughing at.

doublem23
02-05-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte
ROFL!!!

I don't know what it is, something about the combination of those four words that I can't stop laughing at.

Mensa is like some smart-people's society.. and yes, that is the Webster's definition :)

duke of dorwood
02-05-2002, 10:57 PM
Where does it say we have to have a slogan? All they ever do is create opportunity for jokes. They actually pay an advertising agency for this stuff.

bjmarte
02-05-2002, 10:58 PM

Mensa is like some smart-people's society.. and yes, that is the Webster's definition :)

I know what mensa is, I just don't know why it made me laugh so hard.

Daver
02-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Where does it say we have to have a slogan? All they ever do is create opportunity for jokes. They actually pay an advertising agency for this stuff.

I could have saved them some money.

Shut up and play ball.

doublem23
02-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte
I know what mensa is, I just don't know why it made me laugh so hard.

Ahhh... Well, I look like an idiot.

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 11:02 PM

Nellie_Fox is a MENSA member that I know of... anyone else?

Daver
02-05-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Nellie_Fox is a MENSA member that I know of... anyone else?

I'm an NRA member,does that count?

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by daver

I'm an NRA member,does that count?

so's Nellie, I believe.

doublem23
02-05-2002, 11:07 PM
WSI is the most prestigious club I'm a member of....

Daver
02-05-2002, 11:08 PM

so's Nellie, I believe.

Also a member in good standing of Ted Nugent's World Bowhunters Association.

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 11:12 PM

Also a member in good standing of Ted Nugent's World Bowhunters Association.

In that, I believe, you are unique on this board.

I'm not much of a joiner, myself. I have a subscription to the New Yorker, and I actually read it. I'm pretty proud of that one.

Daver
02-05-2002, 11:16 PM

In that, I believe, you are unique on this board.

I'm not much of a joiner, myself. I have a subscription to the New Yorker, and I actually read it. I'm pretty proud of that one.

I have a little self interest in the organizations that I have joined.Both are very vocal on protecting my second amendment rights.

CLR01
02-06-2002, 01:56 AM
I heard this for the first time tonight coming home from work. My favorite line was..."We will have 50 players in ST, It is my job to pick the top 25" or something like that. I just thought to myself, does that mean Clayton wont be heading north with the team.

Cheryl
02-06-2002, 11:16 AM
I like 'suck on that mensa' as a slogan.

I also like 'shut up and play.'

Procol Harum
02-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Shut up and play ball.

That one works real well! Leave it to a fellow NRA member to show some true marketing skeelz!