PDA

View Full Version : 3 innings of birthdays

MtEverett
06-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Went to the game last night; usual I sit in the outfield, but was on the 3rd baseline yesterday. Anywho, from the 3rd through the 5th inning I noticed that there was birthdays and congrads on the Jumbotron the whole time. Not just between innings, the whole time. I know they never show close replays on the jumbotron, but since I had no clue of the strike zone from my seat, a lil game action on the big screen would have been nice. It was ridiculous. I know its another revenue stream, but I think we're doing alright with all the new fannies in the stands. Maybe this has been going on all year, but it definetly wasnt in the good old days of 16,000. This does not deserve to be rationalized by the fact that we won last year. I admit, it would be a cool thing to see your name on the big board, but my god, lets do it between innings or before the game.

voodoochile
06-09-2006, 10:10 AM
All that money goes to WS charities. This is simply whining...

Chip Z'nuff
06-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Yup, I wouldn't mind all 9 innings of birthdays to help out all the kids in Chicago that chisox charities helps. Sorry you missed the pizza race dude

MtEverett
06-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Yup, I wouldn't mind all 9 innings of birthdays to help out all the kids in Chicago that chisox charities helps. Sorry you missed the pizza race dude

I scored, saugage won. :bandance:

I'd go to a benefit if I wanted to help the kids; but i was at a baseball game and would like to see a replay once in a while. Again, between innings/start of the game, maybe 1 inning, great.

Scottiehaswheels
06-09-2006, 10:24 AM
but my god, lets do it between innings or before the game. can't.... pizza races, dancing contests, hidden ball trick, etc... those take up "between innings" and as for the whining.... We all knew that things would be different at the park.... As long as the crowds' attitude is the same, thats all that matters.... i.e. no more jackasses calling for people to throw homerun balls back on the field:angry:

Chip Z'nuff
06-09-2006, 10:26 AM

I'd go to a benefit if I wanted to help the kids; but i was at a baseball game and would like to see a replay once in a while. Again, between innings/start of the game, maybe 1 inning, great.

You'll never see a replay on the big screen, mlb and umpires do not allow them.

voodoochile
06-09-2006, 10:27 AM

Oh and your comment earlier about the "good old days of 16K" is simply stupid.

Success breeds attendance. Attendance brings money. Money builds a better team.

If the price you have to pay is a few less highlights, tough beans. Watch Sportscenter or a local sports recap when you get home. Heck, subscribe to MLB.TV and watch the whole game on replay later.

In short... get over it...:rolleyes:

ewokpelts
06-09-2006, 11:20 AM
You'll never see a replay on the big screen, mlb and umpires do not allow them.half right:
they do allow replays, but not of close or controversial plays.
a replay of iguchi making a great catch? ok
the "AJ PLAY"? nope

Gene

LuvSox
06-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Went to the game last night; usual I sit in the outfield, but was on the 3rd baseline yesterday. Anywho, from the 3rd through the 5th inning I noticed that there was birthdays and congrads on the Jumbotron the whole time. Not just between innings, the whole time. I know they never show close replays on the jumbotron, but since I had no clue of the strike zone from my seat, a lil game action on the big screen would have been nice. It was ridiculous. I know its another revenue stream, but I think we're doing alright with all the new fannies in the stands. Maybe this has been going on all year, but it definetly wasnt in the good old days of 16,000. This does not deserve to be rationalized by the fact that we won last year. I admit, it would be a cool thing to see your name on the big board, but my god, lets do it between innings or before the game.

:whiner::whiner::whiner:

North Sox Sider
06-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Cant they use the scoreboard where the lineups are listed as a Bday scoreboard and use the video screen for highlights? I would rather see Indians and twin highlights than see that joe blow just turned 24. I am all for doing things for the kids. The Fundalemental deck is a great idea but it just seems we get away from baseball with all the little races and contests. I come to comiskey to see a game. I love it when they have the music with White Sox highlights.

thomas35forever
06-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Speaking of pizza races, is it just me or does pepperoni seem to always win? Maybe it's because he always looks happier than the cheese and sausage pizzas?

miker
06-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Speaking of pizza races, is it just me or does pepperoni seem to always win? Maybe it's because he always looks happier than the cheese and sausage pizzas?
Maybe its more spicy?

Mr.1Dog
06-09-2006, 02:24 PM

It seems like sausage always wins when I am there.

FedEx227
06-09-2006, 02:32 PM
It seems like sausage always wins when I am there.

Ditto, and I think the MLB should really test sausage for violating the substance-abuse policy.

CLR01
06-09-2006, 02:49 PM
I come to comiskey to see a game.

Then why are you bitching about what is on the scoreboard? The game is shown (COMMERCIAL FREE!) on the field.. If you want to watch replays there are plenty of TV's scattered along the concourse.

Edward
06-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Ditto, and I think the MLB should really test sausage for violating the substance-abuse policy.

:tool
"I'm saddened to announce today that the Sausage has tested positive for flavor-enhancing substances. Among them are various preservatives and up to 2% of sodium ascorbate"

Max Power
06-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Cant they use the scoreboard where the lineups are listed as a Bday scoreboard and use the video screen for highlights? I would rather see Indians and twin highlights than see that joe blow just turned 24. I am all for doing things for the kids. The Fundalemental deck is a great idea but it just seems we get away from baseball with all the little races and contests. I come to comiskey to see a game. I love it when they have the music with White Sox highlights.

During the game that scoreboard is used to show the stats of the player at bat and what he did in his previous plate appearances.
They do a good job of showing batters/pitchers stats for their first AB or when they come into the game, but a poor job later in the game when they're showing all kinds of ads and birthday announcements. I have no problem with birthday announcements, etc. but please keep it between half innings.

bigfoot
06-09-2006, 03:43 PM
:tool
"I'm saddened to announce today that the Sausage has tested positive for flavor-enhancing substances. Among them are various preservatives and up to 2% of sodium ascorbate"

The "clear" is the marinara and the "cream" is the Al fredo, right?