PDA

View Full Version : Possible reason for Brewer struggles?

getonbckthr
06-09-2006, 02:50 AM
Rickie Weeks has 20 errors already is that possible?

munchman33
06-09-2006, 08:46 AM
That's a ton for a 2B. His is still very raw defensively. But he's incredibly athletic. I'd expect improvement.

Jjav829
06-09-2006, 12:57 PM

Yes, it's possible, but the real reason for the Brewers struggles has been their starting pitching. Sheets has only made 4 starts. Doug Davis has struggled all year. Capuano has been good and Bush has been solid, but that's about it. They have two spots in their rotation which have been like revolving doors.

Banix12
06-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Yes, it's possible, but the real reason for the Brewers struggles has been their starting pitching. Sheets has only made 4 starts. Doug Davis has struggled all year. Capuano has been good and Bush has been solid, but that's about it. They have two spots in their rotation which have been like revolving doors.

Exactly and the bullpen hasn't been too sharp either. The brewers have already used 23 pitchers this year and most of them don't belong anywhere near a major league team. Jared Fernandez? Jeremi Gonzalez? Joe Winkelsas?

Weeks future might be in the outfield but he'll get time to figure it out at 2nd base.

Even with all the problems though they are still basically around .500 and with the Pujols injury they still have a shot in the central.

itsnotrequired
06-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Yount had over 40 errors his second season with the Brewers.

I'm just saying...:cool:

FedEx227
06-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Haha, ya Weeks isn't the greatest 2nd basemen to hit the league. Whats even funnier is that the Brewers have VERY generous scorers. I was up at Miller for a week with a couple of friends and Rickie booted about 5-6 balls during that span that were ruled hits despite being obvious errors.

Rickie Weeks likes to give the ball that OLE bull****.

Tragg
06-11-2006, 04:30 PM
The Brewers struggle because they have 2 good starters (one of whom is always hurt) 2 decent ones, and a Danny Wright et al sort as the 5th.

Banix12
06-12-2006, 01:15 AM
The Brewers struggle because they have 2 good starters (one of whom is always hurt) 2 decent ones, and a Danny Wright et al sort as the 5th.

I assume you are talking about Sheets. I don't know if always hurt is right. Certainly recently he has had some problems starting last year with the viral infection that caused Vertigo. Before last year though he had three straight years where he made 34 starts. This year is the first year he has ever really shown arm problems I believe.

DumpJerry
06-12-2006, 01:41 AM
They should trade for Aaron Rowand to take over Second. I hear he is an all-around stud player. The catalyst for the White Sox World Series victory last year. Really.

PKalltheway
06-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Although the Brewers were a sleeper pick to win the central or wild card this year, they're still a young team that's still sort of raw. Give them another year or two and they'll be outstanding.

ComiskeyBrewer
06-12-2006, 05:53 AM

It isn't helping matters. However the Brewers are 1-11 in the 2 spots that Ohka and Sheets held. The replacements aren't doing too well(mostly because helling is also injured).

I assume you are talking about Sheets. I don't know if always hurt is right. Certainly recently he has had some problems starting last year with the viral infection that caused Vertigo. Before last year though he had three straight years where he made 34 starts. This year is the first year he has ever really shown arm problems I believe.

Right on the money with that one.