PDA

View Full Version : Sean Tracey

buehrle4cy05
06-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Made his MLB debut today. I just got back from the game, and I was impressed with his performance...only gave up one hit, that leading off the ninth. What are the chances that he becomes the long-term solution at long relief and McCarthy ends up in the 7th and 8th inning role?

BainesHOF
06-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Tracey certainly looked impressive. He had good movement and respectable speed.

Banix12
06-08-2006, 11:51 PM
It's still way to early to project anything on him. All tonight did was earn him more chances, possibly in more important situations to see how pressure effects him.

QCIASOXFAN
06-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Tracey certainly looked impressive. He had good movement and respectable speed. I noticed that also, he looked very deceptive and also located pretty well. Looks like he has pretty good stuff. I guess it beats Jeff Nelson hanging his stupid hook all the time.

getonbckthr
06-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Made his MLB debut today. I just got back from the game, and I was impressed with his performance...only gave up one hit, that leading off the ninth. What are the chances that he becomes the long-term solution at long relief and McCarthy ends up in the 7th and 8th inning role?
Long relief? Sadly right now he's the only right hander I trust in the 7th or 8th.

Chicken Dinner
06-09-2006, 12:03 AM
He definitely pitched better then Cliff has in his last few outings.

DachnoPiitu
06-09-2006, 12:16 AM
He was the best thing about today's game. Hopefully, he can keep it up!

IlliniSox4Life
06-09-2006, 12:21 AM
He has a very odd release, but it seemed to work. Definately one of the bright spots of today.

Beautox
06-09-2006, 12:26 AM
I like Sean alot, hes not afraid to pitch inside and he throws strikes, and hes got good "stuff". Also after tonights outing, it appears he has some poise on the mound, he was able to pitch over a defensive lapse and made not one but two tailor made DP balls. Congrats Sean, your the first White Sox pitcher in a while to make his mlb debut and not wet the bed. Granted this was a low pressure situation but then again it was his mlb debut so that has to be nerve racking :cheers: .

His problem has been control. I think under Coop's tutelage he can sustain success at the MLB level ala Matt Thornton.

I truly think Cliff skews this pen. Jenks, Thornton, Cotts, & McCarthy are good, and at times can all be flat out dominating. I don't what the future holds for Tracey but it looks promising. I also hope our 2nd round draft pick Matt Long can fast track it thru the milb level and be in the pen by '07, he has a 94mph fastball and a good breaking pitch. Our bullpen has the potential to be young and very talented for a long time to come, i'm excited.

On a side note, the average age in our bullpen is 25.8. <b>Nice!</b>

DaleJRFan
06-09-2006, 12:26 AM
He has a very odd release, but it seemed to work. Definately one of the bright spots of today.

The guy in your siggi should be able to fix that. :o: :D:

Looked really good out there, but I'll reserve my judgements until a few more looks at him.

baseballgal32
06-09-2006, 01:24 AM
How long did Sean pitch yesterday?

Beautox
06-09-2006, 01:48 AM
2IP 1H 2K, GO/fO 2-2, 21 pitches 15 for strikes.

Bobbo35
06-09-2006, 07:08 AM
I like Tracey's arm movement, it looks like it would baffle hitters. I think he could be a nice addition.

The_Floridian
06-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Obviously we can only take so much from one appearance. Nevertheless, it was a good way to start. He looked good, pitched well, gave up no runs and worked out of a jam against a good hitting team in his major league debut. As a first shot, I don't think we could have asked for much more. Here's hoping he keeps it up.

digdagdug23
06-09-2006, 08:12 AM

YEAH!! What is it about that release? I said it on another thread, too. There is something about his release, WAY out to the side and up that looks odd. Like he is waiting for the rotator cuff to snap at any second. Hey, at least I know it's not just me that saw it. :cool:

GOGOGOPODS
06-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Sean looked very good in his first big league outing last night..... made some batters look foolish as he seems pretty deceptive. First pitch of his big league career looked like it was goning to be a goner.... that would suck if your first pitch in the MLB was a home run

voodoochile
06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
The kid definitely did alright last night. It's only one game, but if he can continue to pitch like that, it will solve a huge hole for the Sox.

Sox-o-matic
06-09-2006, 10:30 AM
The kid definitely did alright last night. It's only one game, but if he can continue to pitch like that, it will solve a huge hole for the Sox.

Maybe it's just me, but Tracey in one outing already looked better than Logan, Politte, and Nelson did at any time so far this year.

Pequod
06-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Maybe it's just me, but Tracey in one outing already looked better than Logan, Politte, and Nelson did at any time so far this year.

Definitely not just you. He did look better than all three of those combined. 2 full innings facing some tough hitters and a tough situation in the 9th. Induced 2 DP balls (only 1 of which was fielded :o:). Threw strikes. Nice ball movement. Tough team. Showed nothing but confidence. At this point, he's the Anti-Politte. Now, can he do it again (and again)?

Chez
06-09-2006, 10:39 AM
He's got a funky release -- he should be effective the first time around the league.

INSox56
06-09-2006, 11:17 AM
He's got a funky release -- he should be effective the first time around the league.

Indeed funky...this usually works at least once around, if simply for the funky nature and not good pitching. Looked good though...deceptive, very deceptive fastball. Looks about 94 but is 88 sometimes. LOL

mjharrison72
06-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Glad I'm not the only one who thought it looks like his arm's going to come unhinged when he delivers. :o: