PDA

View Full Version : Thome-Konerko-Dye

cbotnyse
06-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Do you think these guys can go for 40 HRs and 100 RBI seasons? (are they on pace for that?) ................has that ever been done before?

ShoelessJoeS
06-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Do you think these guys can go for 40 HRs and 100 RBI seasons? (are they on pace for that?) ................has that ever been done before?Yes, and with the way they are hitting, 50 may not be out of reach for some.

Through 59 games....

Thome: 21 HRs, 53 RBI
Konerko: 17 HRs, 44 RBI
Dye: 18 HRs, 43 RBI

QCIASOXFAN
06-08-2006, 11:59 PM
They are well on the way! I think if all goes well and they stay healthy they should do it. It would be a pretty awesome feat.

GOGOGOPODS
06-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Yes they all are on pace. I saw on the jumbotron the other night that Thome is on pace for a 57 HR and 148 RBI campaign. That's pretty damn good and I'd hate to be a pitcher facing that 3-4-5 punch

jenn2080
06-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Do you think these guys can go for 40 HRs and 100 RBI seasons? (are they on pace for that?) ................has that ever been done before?

We def have a solid 3-4-5. Wish we had a solid outfield

EdHerman12
06-09-2006, 09:04 AM
The 1948 Clevand Indians who won the AL pennant had 3-4-5 hitter with pretty good numbers.

3.Joe Gordon 32 HR's 124 RBI

4. Lou Bodreau 18 HR's 106 RBI's

5. Ken Keltner 31 HR's 119 RBI's

That's a lot of offense between 3 guys....I think our guys can get to those numbers at the rate they're going!

GO SOX!

rookie
06-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Did anyone see the Phil Rogers article about Dye today? It talks about how he doesn't get his props and how he isn't a "fan favorite." I wonder how they figure that. I think Sox fans give JD his props, he's the guy you can always count on. He's very steady.

itsnotrequired
06-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Galarraga, Castilla and Burks of the '96 Rockies each had 40 or more homers and 100+ RBIs.

Galarraga and Castilla did it the next year with Walker as well.

miker
06-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Did anyone see the Phil Rogers article about Dye today? It talks about how he doesn't get his props and how he isn't a "fan favorite." I wonder how they figure that. I think Sox fans give JD his props, he's the guy you can always count on. He's very steady.
I disagree. (With Phil Rogers? No way!) I think there are a lot of Sox fans that really like Jermaine and what he brings to the field and to the plate. Contrast that to a one-time Chicago right fielder who created a huge following by constantly bringing attention to himself in detriment to the team.

Give me (a healthy) JD any day!

MarySwiss
06-09-2006, 03:54 PM

Yeah, Rogers is right and he isn't. I don't think Jermaine gets the credit he deserves from the media, but I believe he is definitely a "fan favorite." IMO, someone should tell Rogers that anyone who helped the Sox win the World Series will always be appreciated by Sox fans--well, by most of them anyway.

fquaye149
06-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah, Rogers is right and he isn't. I don't think Jermaine gets the credit he deserves from the media, but I believe he is definitely a "fan favorite." IMO, someone should tell Rogers that anyone who helped the Sox win the World Series will always be appreciated by Sox fans--well, by most of them anyway.

I think everyone here "likes" Dye. I think we like him the way we like everyone on the Sox who's contributing. But he's definitely undermentioned, if not underrated. When you think of the 2006 White Sox (or at least, when you have up to this point) you think of Ozzie, Thome, Podsednik, AJ, Buehrle, Contreras, Freddy, and Crede in terms of high-profile, positive mentions. It's generally in that descending order of "high-profile". In that respect, Dye's kind of like Iguchi, in that when you DO think about him you think about how damn solid he is. Meanwhile Dye quietly is 3rd in the AL in home runs. Go figure.

slobes
06-09-2006, 04:38 PM

I do not know one Sox fan that is not a huge fan of Dye. I'll say that he's a quieter player, not always standing out off the field, but to say that he's not a fan favorite is kinda pushing it.