PDA

View Full Version : Crede Lifted

BeviBall!
06-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Lower back irritation. Begin holding breath.

eurotrash35
06-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm scared.

Trav
06-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Back problems never go away.

If it is really bad news, we may see how Fields can hit MLB pitching.

I hope it is something that a few days rest can cure.

Frontman
06-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Crede lifted and Garland falling apart. No reason to panic just yet. Wait, 3 runs in the 6th. AH!

Still some game to go, but so much for taking back 1st place.......

:o:

Front

SOXBOY
06-08-2006, 10:13 PM
I guess Fields comes up and Anderson goes down.

ShoelessJoeS
06-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Lower back irritation. Begin holding breath.Damn, this is NOT good.

jongarlandlover
06-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Crede lifted and Garland falling apart. No reason to panic just yet. Wait, 3 runs in the 6th. AH!

Y'know, Jon pitched pretty well. He pitched inside a lot. The one homer that was hit off of him was an inside pitch that the guy just adjusted to well. And I'm going to hate seeing him tagged with the loss when he didn't even pitch horribly.

And I'm kind of freaked out about Crede being pulled from the game.

Frontman
06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Y'know, Jon pitched pretty well. He pitched inside a lot. The one homer that was hit off of him was an inside pitch that the guy just adjusted to well. And I'm going to hate seeing him tagged with the loss when he didn't even pitch horribly.

And I'm kind of freaked out about Crede being pulled from the game.

Well, its like Jon said earlier in the week. He said about stats and it sometimes comes down to one bad inning. Granted, when he goes bad, he tends to go REAL BAD, and without the 6th inning, yes, he had a great game.

Sadly, the 6th inning IS a part of the game, so yeah, he still needs to get hit with the loss.

Front

ThirdBaseman
06-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Man, hope this isn't too serious. He's a major player that we NEED! Still waiting on a report other than Yahoo! Sports saying it was his back.:(:

chisoxmike
06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Crede says he should be ready on Saturday...

eurotrash35
06-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Back problems never go away.

If it is really bad news, we may see how Fields can hit MLB pitching.

I hope it is something that a few days rest can cure.

tell it to thome.

digdagdug23
06-08-2006, 10:49 PM

Still some game to go, but so much for taking back 1st place.......

:o:

Front

It was more Mack than it was Garland.............Had Mack not totally wasted the throw to home, and held the runner at first, we may have only been down 1, but we still had no offense running barring the first inning, that hardly can be put on Jon.

jongarlandlover
06-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Well, its like Jon said earlier in the week. He said about stats and it sometimes comes down to one bad inning. Granted, when he goes bad, he tends to go REAL BAD, and without the 6th inning, yes, he had a great game.

Sadly, the 6th inning IS a part of the game, so yeah, he still needs to get hit with the loss.

Front

I realize that, trust me, I realize that. But what I'm trying to point out is that he pitched well for his past two starts, but the defense just seems to be letting him down. Especially Macko tonight. He didn't make the mistake and the inning never would have spiraled out of control like it did.

SweetnesSox
06-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I guess Fields comes up and Anderson goes down.

let's do Fields up, Macko down. :cool:

jongarlandlover
06-08-2006, 11:18 PM
let's do Fields up, Macko down. :cool:

i like that idea. i definitely like that idea. what about ryan sweeney?

Lip Man 1
06-08-2006, 11:26 PM
The poster is right about saying that back problems never completely go away. (Just ask Hermanson) I sure hope Joe's OK, if he isn't, that's a major blow.

It seems the 'law of averages' has caught up to the Sox this year... since spring training with Jose, Hermanson and Pods it's been one nagging injury after another after another. Just in the past ten days you've had Nelson, Thome, Politte and now Crede.

That plain sucks.

Lip

cbotnyse
06-08-2006, 11:35 PM
I was at the game and was shocked to see Joe come out of the game...I really hope he is ok.....

TornLabrum
06-09-2006, 12:13 AM
IIRC Crede had two herniated discs that he was playing with last year. Not good. Career shortening? Quite possibly.

GOGOGOPODS
06-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Crede's back has always irritated him. He's had problems last year, but came back. Don't worry he will be fine, even though it is scary. I wouldn't might seeing Fields come up though

QCIASOXFAN
06-09-2006, 12:17 AM
IIRC Crede had two herniated discs that he was playing with last year. Not good. Career shortening? Quite possibly. This is not good at all, he is a big bat right now as well as a HUGE stopper at 3rd base.

MERPER
06-09-2006, 12:36 AM
"There's nothing really wrong, and he expects to play Saturday," Guillen said after talking with Crede. Guillen had not yet spoken with White Sox athletic trainer Herm Schneider.

DumpJerry
06-09-2006, 12:46 AM
I was at the game tonight and my buddy commented that Joe was stretching his back a lot between pitches.

If Joe goes on the DL and Fields comes up, I will celebrate. Why? Last time Crede went on the DL (Sept. '05), he came back and went on a hitting tear that made many pitchers lose sleep at night.

Chicken Dinner
06-09-2006, 12:54 AM
The poster is right about saying that back problems never completely go away. (Just ask Hermanson) I sure hope Joe's OK, if he isn't, that's a major blow.

It seems the 'law of averages' has caught up to the Sox this year... since spring training with Jose, Hermanson and Pods it's been one nagging injury after another after another. Just in the past ten days you've had Nelson, Thome, Politte and now Crede.

That plain sucks.

Lip

I still think we have one of the smallest DL's in the league.

getonbckthr
06-09-2006, 01:08 AM
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_408234.jpgHi my name is Miguel Cabrera. If Mr.Clutch is really hurting I can play a little third base. If Joe's ok I can play some Left Field if you wanna move Scotty to CF. Also rumor has it my teams sucks and they traded everyone away. I won't cost you that much, at least for a season or two. If your interested the guys I play for will only ask for 3-4 prospects, but lets be serious whats the success rate of prospects anyway? I look forward to hearing from you.
P.S. I love Ozzie and Venezuela!!!

DSpivack
06-09-2006, 02:13 AM
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_408234.jpgHi my name is Miguel Cabrera. If Mr.Clutch is really hurting I can play a little third base. If Joe's ok I can play some Left Field if you wanna move Scotty to CF. Also rumor has it my teams sucks and they traded everyone away. I won't cost you that much, at least for a season or two. If your interested the guys I play for will only ask for 3-4 prospects, but lets be serious whats the success rate of prospects anyway? I look forward to hearing from you.

Dream on. Oh, and I fixed it for you.

LauraJ14
06-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Report this morning said Crede to take Friday off and play on Saturday.

digdagdug23
06-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Report this morning said Crede to take Friday off and play on Saturday.

Oh God, ledge getting closer, thoughts getting bad, where is TL? I don't have him on speed dial, help, help, help!! I can't tell daughter Crede is out, she is definitely a jumper, oh God, family falling apart, wheels coming off the wagon.......

BeviBall!
06-09-2006, 10:08 AM

With the Crede/Borus combination, only a 1 year + option contract and his back still acting up, I fully expect KW to get in on the bidding, significantly.

It's too bad... Joe has really turned the corner. Maybe it's all fine and he's back doing what he's been doing on Saturday.

MsSoxVixen22
06-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Get well soon Joe! We need you buddy! I hope it's nothing too serious that he gets put on the DL for a long time

Lip Man 1
06-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Chicken:

Who said anything about the size of the DL?

Over the past few weeks when have the Sox been able to consistently trot out their 'normal' starting lineup? Thome misses games, Crede misses games....that's what I was referring to.

Ozzie likes to use the bench but I don't think even Ozzie likes to use them as much as he's been forced to because of these smaller nagging injuries that seem to be hitting the Sox since Tuscon.

Lip

jongarlandlover
06-09-2006, 01:22 PM

haha. i wish!

JermaineDye05
06-10-2006, 01:31 PM
so how bad is Crede's back is it bad enough to take him to the DL or is this just something that he'll bounce back from after a few days, if he ends up on the DL though do you guys think we'll be seeing Josh Fields?

voodoochile
06-10-2006, 01:37 PM
so how bad is Crede's back is it bad enough to take him to the DL or is this just something that he'll bounce back from after a few days, if he ends up on the DL though do you guys think we'll be seeing Josh Fields?

He's supposed to be back tommorow.

cbotnyse
06-10-2006, 01:50 PM
He's supposed to be back tommorow.
I heard that yesterday. :unsure:

voodoochile
06-10-2006, 01:51 PM
I heard that yesterday. :unsure:

Whoops... it IS Saturday... nevermind...

soxfantony
06-10-2006, 02:09 PM
:praying:EVERYONE PRAY FOR CREDE:praying:

oeo
06-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Ozzie said he was fine. I'd rather he take a few days off now, then have to go to the DL. I'm sure he'll be back tomorrow (Sunday), or at the latest, Monday in Texas.

soxfantony
06-10-2006, 02:52 PM
thats a load off my mind

getonbckthr
06-10-2006, 05:24 PM
We took this series therefor Joe has no reason to play on Sunday. Give him one more day and play Pablo at 3rd.

BRDSR
06-10-2006, 05:32 PM
We took this series therefor Joe has no reason to play on Sunday. Give him one more day and play Pablo at 3rd.

With, I believe, a .414 average after todays game and an incredible propensity to make things happen at the plate and on the basepaths, Ozzie should and will find a way to get him into the lineup at least 5 out of 7 days a week. Until Ozuna cools off I wouldn't be surprised to see a plattoon of Crede and Ozuna for the next couple of weeks. A bum back is exactly the type of injury that needs to be coddled for awhile, and the Sox are lucky to have a more than serviceable option at the hot corner in Crede's absence.

getonbckthr
06-10-2006, 05:59 PM
With, I believe, a .414 average after todays game and an incredible propensity to make things happen at the plate and on the basepaths, Ozzie should and will find a way to get him into the lineup at least 5 out of 7 days a week. Until Ozuna cools off I wouldn't be surprised to see a plattoon of Crede and Ozuna for the next couple of weeks. A bum back is exactly the type of injury that needs to be coddled for awhile, and the Sox are lucky to have a more than serviceable option at the hot corner in Crede's absence.
I wouldn't mind seeing Pablo get some time at 2nd and SS as well.

KRS1
06-10-2006, 06:23 PM
I shudder at the thought of Pablo playing SS, but perhaps he has been working more there. He has a good skillset to be able to play there, but for some reason he just cant. Like I said, maybe he's been working at SS more, and Ozzie may start to trust him there, but there was a reason why we got Cintron.

jabrch
06-10-2006, 07:12 PM

Jerry Manuel, is that you?

Screw "taking this series". I want to win the game tomorrow. Bless Pablo and his delivery, but we need Joe back in this lineup. Today's game has no bearing on the importance of tomorrow's game. Beating the Indians is important each time we do it, and losing to them has two negative consequences each time. I hope Joe is ready to go, and that Ozzie has him in the lineup. If not, and he really is hurt, then we need to figure something out. If it's short term, Pablo/Alex/Juan can make up for him. If it is more than just a few days, what would everyone think of giving Josh Fields (the 3B, not the P) a cup of coffee?

jabrch
06-10-2006, 07:14 PM

Pablo should get 0 innings played at SS. He is behind Cintron, Uribe and Dye for sure on the depth chart.

3B is a fine spot of Ozuna when he plays the IF.

anewman35
06-10-2006, 07:17 PM
In the post game show, Cintron said he's playing tomorrow. Didn't say which position, though...

Chips
06-10-2006, 07:18 PM

Since we won the series, we should probably let Gload play first, Cintron can play second, ozuna starts a third, widger catches again, mackowiak can DH, etc.

Ol' No. 2
06-10-2006, 07:18 PM
My, my. Quite a change from the usual "Ozuna is in the lineup??? Crap!!! Why doesn't Ozzie play the regulars?"

Chips
06-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Pablo should get 0 innings played at SS. He is behind Cintron, Uribe and Dye for sure on the depth chart.

And if all those guys get hurt, they can activate Ozzie.

Chips
06-10-2006, 07:20 PM

With the exception of Pods in center.

getonbckthr
06-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I think you guys misunderstood me. If we lost both games against Cleveland I would feel more of an urgency to get Crede in there. However since we won the first 2 games I think it would be wiser to allow 1 more day of rest for Joe. A bad back isn't a thing to mess with. Not to mention I feel Pablo has earned the start on Sunday.

jabrch
06-10-2006, 07:23 PM
And if all those guys get hurt, they can activate Ozzie.

Imagine Ozzie the player playing for Ozzie the manager? Just the thought of it!!!!

Seriously - Pablo is a great utility player - but let's not get silly here. He has no business playing every day and he has no business ever playing SS for us. (I'd also question if he should play CF either - but the team worked him out there, so that's a realistic possibility I guess, although one I don't want to see. His "miscommunication" in the OF is quite scary sometimes.)

jabrch
06-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I think you guys misunderstood me. If we lost both games against Cleveland I would feel more of an urgency to get Crede in there. However since we won the first 2 games I think it would be wiser to allow 1 more day of rest for Joe. A bad back isn't a thing to mess with. Not to mention I feel Pablo has earned the start on Sunday.

I don't think we misunderstood you. Today is over. Yesterday is long done. They are irrelevant. Now the factor in deciding if Joe should play is Joe's back, not yesterday or today. The fact that we won two, rather than lost two, is irrelevant.

I'll leave you with a though from the wise and powerful Coach Ditka.
"Living in the past is for losers and cowards"

Forget yesterday. Jerry Manuel used to enfuriate us by doing that. His "Sunday Lineups" were legendary.

Put the best players who are ready to go on the field. Keep them fresh when you need to, but don't do it because of yesterday's game - do it as it is right by the players' conditions at the time.

Ol' No. 2
06-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Imagine Ozzie the player playing for Ozzie the manager? Just the thought of it!!!!

Seriously - Pablo is a great utility player - but let's not get silly here. He has no business playing every day and he has no business ever playing SS for us. (I'd also question if he should play CF either - but the team worked him out there, so that's a realistic possibility I guess, although one I don't want to see. His "miscommunication" in the OF is quite scary sometimes.)So we have Anderson, who catches everything in sight but can't hit a beachball and Ozuna, who seems to make something happen every time he plays, but makes you cringe every time anything is hit near him. Isn't there some way we can combine them?

http://www.movie-2-dvd.org/pic/frankensteinjuniorfox.m.jpg No problem.

jabrch
06-10-2006, 07:35 PM
If I had any sort of skills, I'd photoshop a picture of Anderson and Pablo together and create Pablyan Anderzuna!

So we have Anderson, who catches everything in sight but can't hit a beachball and Ozuna, who seems to make something happen every time he plays, but makes you cringe every time anything is hit near him. Isn't there some way we can combine them?

http://www.movie-2-dvd.org/pic/frankensteinjuniorfox.m.jpg No problem.

Chips
06-10-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't think we misunderstood you. Today is over. Yesterday is long done. They are irrelevant. Now the factor in deciding if Joe should play is Joe's back, not yesterday or today. The fact that we won two, rather than lost two, is irrelevant.

I'll leave you with a though from the wise and powerful Coach Ditka.
"Living in the past is for losers and cowards"

Forget yesterday. Jerry Manuel used to enfuriate us by doing that. His "Sunday Lineups" were legendary.

Put the best players who are ready to go on the field. Keep them fresh when you need to, but don't do it because of yesterday's game - do it as it is right by the players' conditions at the time.

:thumbsup:Well said

BRDSR
06-10-2006, 08:16 PM

I think you've blown my mind.

Imagine Ozzie the manager selecting Ozzie the player to play in the All-Star game.

Imagine Ozzie the manager bawling out Ozzie the player after a poorly timed bunt attempt.

Imagine Ozzie the player second-guessing Ozzie the manager after pinch hitting for him late in the game when they needed three runs with two men on.

I could go on.

oeo
06-10-2006, 08:19 PM

I want first place and I want it NOW.

jabrch
06-10-2006, 08:23 PM
The one I was thinking about is Ozzie the manager throwing Ozzie the player under the bus after the player swung at a pitch in the dirt. Then benching him for Fred Manrique. Then the response from Ozzie the player to the media... **** him. I hate that **** ****.

I'm telling you - this would be some great stuff.

Mod edit: Language filter violation. Three-day vacation.

I think you've blown my mind.

Imagine Ozzie the manager selecting Ozzie the player to play in the All-Star game.

Imagine Ozzie the manager bawling out Ozzie the player after a poorly timed bunt attempt.

Imagine Ozzie the player second-guessing Ozzie the manager after pinch hitting for him late in the game when they needed three runs with two men on.

I could go on.

Lip Man 1
06-10-2006, 10:23 PM
If Crede is healthy enough to play tomorrow (Sunday) he plays...period.

The have another difficult road trip coming up and the last two haven't been the most successful have they?

They can use as much momentum as they can get.

Again if he's ready, he goes.

Lip

gowhitesox
06-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm a little concerned about Crede as back problems can linger on. I hope he is able to bounce back soon.

Frontman
06-11-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm a little concerned about Crede as back problems can linger on. I hope he is able to bounce back soon.

Just hope he doesn't go to whoever worked on Hermanson's back. *shudder*

Any word on Dustin, btw?

Front

TornLabrum
06-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Just hope he doesn't go to whoever worked on Hermanson's back. *shudder*

Any word on Dustin, btw?

Front

Somebody asked Ozzie that very question at the WCSF luncheon. Answer: No.

Frontman
06-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Somebody asked Ozzie that very question at the WCSF luncheon. Answer: No.

Thank God. Now if we could build up that bullpen once again.......

Front

Lip Man 1
06-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Chris DeLuca had a little item in his Sun-Times column today stating that the Sox brass has decided adding a right handed relief pitcher before the trade deadline is the top priority for the club.

Take it for what it's worth.

Lip