PDA

View Full Version : Untouchables:Pitching Prospects (Long)

Chisox_cali
02-05-2002, 05:30 PM
Ok, it's obvious we have an abundance,some would say over-abundance, of young Pitching Prospects. The only problem is legistically they all cant make it to the Sox and be A Starter or a Bullpen man. My question to you guys is who are the Top of the Line Untouchables in the Starters role and in the Relievers role that can legistically make it to the Sox and contribute to their fullest extent. The other question is who of the Prospects do you trade to other pitching lax teams to get a quality_________ or quality________? I'm no prospect afficiando so I can only tell you the names I know that I think are "Untouchable" Rauch and Malone are the top 2 right now and if you plug them in to a 2003 rotation with Buehrle and Garland and someone else your already filled up the 5 spots and all 5 would most likely be a young staff that can only improve. Barring a major injury or breakdown with the brass causing a trade those guys wont be going anywhere anytime soon. So how will all these prospects play out?

I really don't know

doublem23
02-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Well, I'm no prospects expert like Vic or Randar, but if I were Kenny Williams, the only pitchers in the organization I'd label as ABSOLUTELY, 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT UNTOUCHABLE would be Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Jon Rauch, and Corwin Malone.

But obviously, it would take a blockbuster deal to deal other top-notch prospects, such as Honel or Guerrier, to name a few.

But Burly, Garland, Rauch, and Malone sbould not be currently available.

Daver
02-05-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Well, I'm no prospects expert like Vic or Randar, but if I were Kenny Williams, the only pitchers in the organization I'd label as ABSOLUTELY, 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT UNTOUCHABLE would be Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Jon Rauch, and Corwin Malone.

But obviously, it would take a blockbuster deal to deal other top-notch prospects, such as Honel or Guerrier, to name a few.

No player is untouchable,depending on the return you are getting.

Chisox_cali
02-05-2002, 06:04 PM

That is exactly who I have penciled into the first 4 spots of the 2003 Rotation in my head, with the 5th completly up for grabs.

Chisox_cali
02-05-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by daver

No player is untouchable,depending on the return you are getting.

I'm just throwing that out there as a term to refer to very, very good, for judgement purposes only. I know no player is untouchable in the true sense of the word.

Vsahajpal
02-05-2002, 06:21 PM
I would have to say Jon Rauch and Mark Buehrle are untouchable.

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 06:27 PM
Rauch, Buehrle, Malone.

beausox
02-05-2002, 07:36 PM
It scares me we almost traded Garland for Erstad, yeah Erstad is good, but we got Garland for Karchner. He was a number one draft pick that never found his stuff till our guys got him away from the Cubs style. He is a great find and a rotation of Buehrle, Garland, Rauch, Malone, and D. Wright sounds great to me. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have Myette or K. Wells in that 5th spot. I know we gave to much away to get Royce, and I wonder it Ritchie is worth Wells, I hope he is.

Daver
02-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by beausox
It scares me we almost traded Garland for Erstad, yeah Erstad is good, but we got Garland for Karchner. He was a number one draft pick that never found his stuff till our guys got him away from the Cubs style. He is a great find and a rotation of Buehrle, Garland, Rauch, Malone, and D. Wright sounds great to me. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have Myette or K. Wells in that 5th spot. I know we gave to much away to get Royce, and I wonder it Ritchie is worth Wells, I hope he is.

If Ritchie can keep from crapping his pants every time he gets in a jam he is worth two Kip Wells.I got real tired of Kip's deer in the headlights look on the mound whern he got some runners on the basepaths.

Chisox_cali
02-05-2002, 07:43 PM

I still dont like Wright as the #5 guy. He kinda blew up in the end last year

Daver
02-05-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I still dont like Wright as the #5 guy. He kinda blew up in the end last year

So far Wright = Parque,good for four solid innings.

Chisox_cali
02-05-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by daver

So far Wright = Parque,good for four solid innings.

Basically. If Biddle can fully recover and do some good in 2002 I wouldnt mind him as No 5 in 2003

beausox
02-05-2002, 08:01 PM
Biddle donse't impress me as a starter. I think he would be better suited for Sean Lowe's old role as a long releiver/spot starter. However, Barcelo is being groomed for this role. If Barcelo ends up a closer someday, that role would be perfect for Rocky.

Three sleepers for the rotation in 2003: Jason Stumm, Matt Ginter, and Rob Purvis.

Spiff
02-05-2002, 08:20 PM
This team only has one "untouchable"

doublem23
02-05-2002, 08:22 PM
You're insane, Sox...

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Or is it you've had too much of the bubbly out there in Patriot-land?

Spiff
02-05-2002, 08:25 PM
You're insane, Sox...

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Or is it you've had too much of the bubbly out there in Patriot-land?

SouthSideSpiffy (8:58:15 PM): http://ssspiffy.tripod.com/royce.jpg
doublem023 (8:58:30 PM): lmao
doublem023 (8:58:31 PM): !!!

Nothin.

doublem23
02-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Ahh! Dammit! But I never said you weren't insane on AIM, I just said LMAO....

duke of dorwood
02-05-2002, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately, on our team, untouchables are usually determined by finances. But I agree with Rousch, Buehrle, Malone, Garland.

RichH55
02-06-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
This team only has one "untouchable"

Only because no other team is dumb enough to touch him with a 20 foot pole

Randar68
02-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Biddle donse't impress me as a starter. I think he would be better suited for Sean Lowe's old role as a long releiver/spot starter. However, Barcelo is being groomed for this role. If Barcelo ends up a closer someday, that role would be perfect for Rocky.

Three sleepers for the rotation in 2003: Jason Stumm, Matt Ginter, and Rob Purvis.

Now THOSE are sleepers! None of those guys have done a damn thing yet, 2003 is a dream for those guys....assuming the top 4 are Buehrle, Rauch, Garland, and Malone, ahead of them are:

Mitch Wylie, Denis Ulacia, and Matt Guerrier at the very least!

Not to mention if Ritchie stays, you also have Parque and Glover!

If those 4 guys turn out like we hope, Our fifth starter will be a bonus....

voodoochile
02-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Now THOSE are sleepers! None of those guys have done a damn thing yet, 2003 is a dream for those guys....assuming the top 4 are Buehrle, Rauch, Garland, and Malone, ahead of them are:

Mitch Wylie, Denis Ulacia, and Matt Guerrier at the very least!

Not to mention if Ritchie stays, you also have Parque and Glover!

If those 4 guys turn out like we hope, Our fifth starter will be a bonus....

heck if half of all of these those guys pitch up to their potential, the Sox are going to have a damn fine rotation in 2003 and beyond...

Meatpants
02-06-2002, 01:41 PM
I would not include Buerhle in my untouchable list. I have a very strange feeling that he maxed out last year, and much like Sirotka will never be a real "number 1".

My untouchables would be Rauch and Malone, since you haven't seen anything from them yet. I would deal Garland in the right deal.

bjmarte
02-06-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Meatpants
I would not include Buerhle in my untouchable list. I have a very strange feeling that he maxed out last year, and much like Sirotka will never be a real "number 1".

My untouchables would be Rauch and Malone, since you haven't seen anything from them yet. I would deal Garland in the right deal.

Even if you end up being right don't you have to hold on to him and find out. It would be worse to trade him and find out you were wrong.

Meatpants
02-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte

Even if you end up being right don't you have to hold on to him and find out. It would be worse to trade him and find out you were wrong.

I wouldn't be LOOKING to trade him, but we're talking about untouchables. For example, I wouldn't have made a Buehrle/CLee for Giles trade, but Buehrle/Rowand for Giles? Maybe.