PDA

View Full Version : Cintron/Uribe

ChiSoxFan7
06-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Uribe is one of my favorite whitesox players in large part to his amazing defense (the jeter-like and ' i have a cannon for an arm' plays of WS05)

Well my brother has been throwing at me that Cintron will be starting in less than a month for the white sox. I don't nessicarliy agree but it does bring me to this:

Uribe alone would be fine because our offense could carry him along, but along with anderson it's really tough not to play a lesser defensive Cintron for his bat.

my thoughts is juan will come around but im just worried we may use him as trade bait for a bullpen which frankly saddens me:whiner:

yesenia
06-08-2006, 02:40 PM
what? the sox w/o uribe??? nnnnnooooo..................i love him. id rather stick with what we got rather than get rid of him. you know there is this kid brian anderson....

TheOldRoman
06-08-2006, 03:00 PM
It is a huge insult to Juan to call his defense Jeter-like. Uribe is one of the best defensive shortstops in the game. Jeter has possibly the worst range of any regular shortstop in baseball. He makes routine plays looks incredibly difficult, and receives nothing but hype from ESPN for doing so. He is not a great defensive shortstop, no matter how many Faux Gloves he has won.

As for the main point of this thread, Uribe will come around eventually. I haven't seen enough of Tron to judge his defense, but I know he is not a good as Uribe. Juan is a very streaky hitter, and when he comes around he is capable of carrying an offense for a few weeks. Cintron might see more time, but Uribe is our starter.