PDA

View Full Version : Restless on the North Side

havelj
06-08-2006, 11:40 AM
You gotta check out this thread from Cubby Nation. I guess some are having a tough time going south for a game:

http://mb3.scout.com/fchicagocubsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=27584.topic

credefan24
06-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Hahhaah!!! My favorite was when the wrigley fan was complaining about the "world series crap everywhere."
Gosh darned right there's World Series items everywhere!! That's what you do when you win!!

Dan Mega
06-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Who cares what they think?

tebman
06-08-2006, 11:48 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah, well...

I read it too. What those folks can do is tell their friends Cellphone Chad and Tubetop Misty to stop filling up the ballpark and the throat-clearers in the Tribune office might get the message. As long as the Tribune thinks it's running a singles bar and not a ballclub, they're not going to win anything.

SoxFanPrope
06-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Apparently, spelling and grammar are not too high of a concern over those ways.

Chicken Dinner
06-08-2006, 11:59 AM
And I bet they all have U.S. Cellular for their cellphone service.:tongue:

AuroraSoxFan
06-08-2006, 12:02 PM
That was some funny stuff. I flipped ahead on their site to some other topics. They entailed

Crying about our WS Title gear
Crying about Prior
figuring out a hitter for "next year"
crying about Prior AND Wood
and dissecting their stats to figure out why they suck

I ended it there but I'm sure there were plenty more laughs on that site. Made me consider feeling bad for them......but hey, you make your own bed.
Thanks for the link/laughs.

yesenia
06-08-2006, 12:04 PM
they come into our field and complain about banners that prove we have the best team....poor cubs fans. stay home next time and secretly watch the sox game wishing you were one of us

Mr.1Dog
06-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Atleast they have the Trib to wake up to every morning and make them feel ok until game time...

Ol' No. 2
06-08-2006, 12:18 PM
they come into our field and complain about banners that prove we have the best team....poor cubs fans. stay home next time and secretly watch the sox game wishing you were one of usThey have a banner. Unfortunately, it says AC036197.:smile:

Rob190
06-08-2006, 12:26 PM
they come into our field and complain about banners that prove we have the best team....poor cubs fans. stay home next time and secretly watch the sox game wishing you were one of us

This from the guys who had "Wild Card champs" patches on their uniforms.

Vernam
06-08-2006, 12:36 PM
This was my favorite part: I'd advise you other diehard Cub fans to avoid going to Sox park like the plague. I consider their coming to our park to be a plague, too!

Vernam

Uncle_Patrick
06-08-2006, 01:04 PM
This was my favorite part: I consider their coming to our park to be a plague, too!

Vernam

I'm 100% behind that advice. Don't come to our park.

SOXPHILE
06-08-2006, 01:08 PM
I agree. Please, stay away, Cub fans. We don't want your stench permeating the 2005 World Series Champion banners, hats, & t-shirts. Must be pretty frustrating when the backup shortstop for the White Sox has driven in the same number of runs in the last 2 days as their much touted, personable, all star calibur lead off centerfielder has all year.

Hitmen77
06-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Pffftt! Can you get more hypocritical than a Cubs fan complaining about seeing too much Sox crap everywhere? :whiner: At least we earned that through a world championship. What have the Cubs done to earn the right to shove Cubs-mania down everyone's throats? Lose for 98 years? Yes, please Cub fans, stay away from the Cell! We don't need you and we don't want you in our park!!!

I found their dislike for Ozzie interesting. I rarely look at Cub sites, but I noticed this once on northsidebaseball.com - they think Ozzie is the world's biggest jerk. They also think Buehrle is a complete jerk. Wow - i guess the blue koolaid affects the mind in strange ways.

Chicken Dinner
06-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Now if we could just keep Sox fans out of Wrigley and posting their experiences.

PaulDrake
06-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Pffftt! Can you get more hypocritical than a Cubs fan complaining about seeing too much Sox crap everywhere? :whiner: At least we earned that through a world championship. What have the Cubs done to earn the right to shove Cubs-mania down everyone's throats? Lose for 98 years? Yes, please Cub fans, stay away from the Cell! We don't need you and we don't want you in our park!!!

I found their dislike for Ozzie interesting. I rarely look at Cub sites, but I noticed this once on northsidebaseball.com - they think Ozzie is the world's biggest jerk. They also think Buehrle is a complete jerk. Wow - i guess the blue koolaid affects the mind in strange ways. Buehrle is persona non grata for insinuating that the great Greg Maddux doctors the ball.

mccoydp
06-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I just read through that whole thread. What delusional bunch of losers.

World Series "crap" everywhere? Puh-leeze. If the Scrubs won the World Series, their fans would fan the city of Chicago and the country in "Cubbie Blue".

To that, my friends, I must let loose:

:chunks

I want Mags back
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
HA HA

thats what u get where ur team sucks nd is owned by the trib

Uncle_Patrick
06-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Buehrle is persona non grata for insinuating that the great Greg Maddux doctors the ball.
Plus, he's a Cardinals fan and makes fun of Cubs fans.

FielderJones
06-08-2006, 03:43 PM
I rarely look at Cub sites, but I noticed this once on northsidebaseball.com - they think Ozzie is the world's biggest jerk. They also think Buehrle is a complete jerk. Wow - i guess the blue koolaid affects the mind in strange ways.

And they're not the least bit Sox-cessed :rolleyes:

(from a nsbb sig)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/cubbyvirus/suckometer.jpg

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-08-2006, 04:19 PM
They have a banner. Unfortunately, it says AC036197.:smile:

I was once told how this worked, but I forget: how do you Da Vinci code that stupid thing?

Max Power
06-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I was once told how this worked, but I forget: how do you Da Vinci code that stupid thing?

I have no clue as to when or, more importantly, why such a sign was ever created- other than to document and display for all how crappy that franchise has been. But...

AC036197

AC= I believe this stands for "Since the year of the Cub."
03= Either stands for the number of years since the last division title or the last playoff appearance, they're the same at the moment- not sure if it was updated for the Wild Card Championship year.
61= Years since last NL pennant.
97= Years since last WS title.

DumpJerry
06-08-2006, 04:37 PM
........and we thought some WSIers were obsessed with the Cubs? These people are real winners. I mean, if the worst-case scenario had played out in '03, do you think for a second that the Urinal would not have been melted down and reshaped into The Trophy for '04?

The Cub fans who posted on this thread are immature self-centered narcissic babies. They expect the world on their terms only. Well, excuse us for celebrating the fact that we are the current defending champs. Did these people complain all those years when Gene Honda bellowed :"....and now, your world champion Chicago Bulls!"?

I know most Cub fans are not complaining about us celebrating the WS, they know they would be doing the same thing and that celebrating comes with winning.

Thank you, I just had to get that off my chest.

CaptainBallz
06-08-2006, 04:39 PM
"Only if we just get this team in one piece.We all know how much better we are than the Sox."---:rolleyes:

Wow....Remind me not to click a link like that again.

ewokpelts
06-08-2006, 04:52 PM
........and we thought some WSIers were obsessed with the Cubs? These people are real winners. I mean, if the worst-case scenario had played out in '03, do you think for a second that the Urinal would not have been melted down and reshaped into The Trophy for '04?

The Cub fans who posted on this thread are immature self-centered narcissic babies. They expect the world on their terms only. Well, excuse us for celebrating the fact that we are the current defending champs. Did these people complain all those years when Gene Honda bellowed :"....and now, your world champion Chicago Bulls!"?

I know most Cub fans are not complaining about us celebrating the WS, they know they would be doing the same thing and that celebrating comes with winning.

Thank you, I just had to get that off my chest.gene honda isnt the PA announcer for the bulls...

ewokpelts
06-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Now if we could just keep Sox fans out of Wrigley and posting their experiences.why should i stay out of wrigley? i may be asox fan at heart, but i still liek to watch baseball games....to be honest, they can play in a crappy movie set in iowa, and i'd stillb e interested...
Gene

Chip Z'nuff
06-08-2006, 04:55 PM
why should i stay out of wrigley? i may be asox fan at heart, but i still liek to watch baseball games....to be honest, they can play in a crappy movie set in iowa, and i'd stillb e interested...
Gene

I thought you said you liked baseball games?

The Immigrant
06-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I thought you said you liked baseball games?

A buddy of mine went to Wrigley on Memorial Day. He said there was no better way to spend a holiday than watching minor league baseball. :tongue:

ewokpelts
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I thought you said you liked baseball games?i give up

RadioheadRocks
06-08-2006, 06:28 PM
I found their dislike for Ozzie interesting. I rarely look at Cub sites, but I noticed this once on northsidebaseball.com - they think Ozzie is the world's biggest jerk. They also think Buehrle is a complete jerk. Wow - i guess the blue koolaid affects the mind in strange ways.

Of course if Ozzie were managing on the NORTH side they'd be fawning all over him and kissing his ring... bunch of envious hypocrites, 'tis all!!! :D:

QCIASOXFAN
06-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Oh poor Cubbies fan, cry me a ****ing river.

Dancin' Homer
06-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Tap36 (http://mb3.scout.com/bchicagocubs.showUserPublicProfile?gid=tap36)
Draft Pick
(6/8/06 2:04:54 pm)
Reply (http://mb3.scout.com/fchicagocubsfrm1.showAddReplyScreenFromWeb?topicID =27584.topic&index=13) Re: Just something that I have to get off my chest... - www. Only if we just get this team in one piece.We all know how much better we are than the Sox.

This guy was my favorite.

1) Your team is in one piece (too bad its a piece of ... never mind)
2) "We" ??? Are you a trainer or do you have a mouse in your pocket?
3) Better than the Sox at what exactly?

:tongue:

RadioheadRocks
06-08-2006, 06:49 PM

Hmmmm let's see... how about knitting??? :D:

DumpJerry
06-09-2006, 12:12 AM
gene honda isnt the PA announcer for the bulls...
I thought he was. But that is not the point. I'm sure this loser was not complaining about the Bulls playing up their achievements. In fact, I'm betting that he was one of the goofs on Division Street flipping cars after the first title.....

rocky biddle
06-09-2006, 08:41 AM
There were a lot of cub fans at the Sox game last night. They were all wearing Tigers stuff though... Good thing cub fans don't care about the Sox!

Iwritecode
06-09-2006, 09:22 AM
I thought he was. But that is not the point. I'm sure this loser was not complaining about the Bulls playing up their achievements. In fact, I'm betting that he was one of the goofs on Division Street flipping cars after the first title.....

I knew it wasn't Gene but I had forgotten the guy's name. I knew it was Ray something...

Ray Clay. :cool:

"AAAANNNND now, the starting lineup for your World Champion Chicago Bulls!"

Uncle_Patrick
06-09-2006, 09:54 AM
There were a lot of cub fans at the Sox game last night. They were all wearing Tigers stuff though... Good thing cub fans don't care about the Sox!

That can't be, Sox fans are the only ones who care about the other team in town losing. :rolleyes:

jenn2080
06-09-2006, 10:07 AM
This guy was my favorite.

1) Your team is in one piece (too bad its a piece of ... never mind)
2) "We" ??? Are you a trainer or do you have a mouse in your pocket?

They should try findind a right fielder who dont lose the ball. I guess we cant really talk about an outfield

PatK
06-09-2006, 10:35 AM
I like how the one guy says how the various half-truths the Flubs spew forth pale in comparison to what Ozzie said regarding the Grimsley incident.

This is coming from fans that used to worship one of the biggest alleged juicehogs of all time.