PDA

View Full Version : GO GO Sox Express..

EdHerman12
06-08-2006, 11:24 AM
I know back in May there was a post concerning the shuttle busses run by PACE. I read an earlier post about the horrible traffic back up on I-55 last night. My Wife and I took the GO GO Sox Express from the Bolingbrook park-n- ride. It left @ 4:20 and was due to stop @ the Burr Ridge park-n-ride @ 4:50. Even with the heavy traffic it got to Burr Ridge at 4:53, and got back on I-55 @ 5:00 (County Line Rd.) We went up I-55 to King Drive, then to 35th St and to the Cell arriving @ 5:46...I thought that was pretty good for the traffic on I-55. It costed $7.50 round trip and we got right back on after the game...no waiting...there were only 9 people aboard...going back was kind of slow as we went to 31st St and headed toward McCormick Place to get to 55...very slow...anyway if anyone is looking to come from the SW 'burbs you can folow the link that was posted last month @

http://www.pacebus.com/sub/news_events/special_events/go_go_sox_express.asp

GO SOX!

salty99
06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the post. I was thinking of taking this to couple games.

FedEx227
06-08-2006, 11:55 AM
I've had a few friends who have taken this and enjoyed it. I'm definetly considering doing it my next trip down.

Hitmen77
06-08-2006, 12:12 PM
If they ever added Naperville or Aurora to the route, I'd consider taking it. Sounds like a good option to get to the park.

havelj
06-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I live in the city but have friends out there and I have a question?

Can you bring food/drink (alcohol) on the bus ride?

Chez
06-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Can you purchase a one-way ticket or does it have to be round trip?

EdHerman12
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Ok, I'd say you probably can't have food/drink on the bus..you may have to contact PACE for that. Chez asked a good question because when we got on in Bolingbrook there was my wife and myself along with 5 other folks who paid 7.50 for a round trip ticket. When we left there was a young Lady on the bus who was dropped off at the Burr Ridge park-n-ride. So I would assume she asked the driver if she could ride back and someone was waiting for her in Burr Ridge. I'd have to say that they are looking for round trip fares but then again PACE could answer that question better...

GO SOX!

IlliniSox4Life
06-08-2006, 01:28 PM
I heard about this before, and if I had known how awful the traffic on I55 was going to be, I would have taken it. I'm still pissed about getting the flat coming home :angry: