PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle story

Trav
06-08-2006, 03:43 AM
Sox pitchers will get their first chance to hit in a game this season when they travel to Cincinnati for an interleague series that begins June 16.
Pitchers had their first batting practice Tuesday.
Mark Buehrle highlighted the pregame display by taking a fastball from bench coach Tim Raines out of the park and then circling the bases and tipping his cap. "He's been talking a lot of (stuff) lately," Buehrle said of Raines.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/071sd2.htm

CanBuehrleWait
06-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Ha man that is good stuff.:smile:

purduedude87
06-08-2006, 04:08 AM
thats pretty funny....but i was more interested in Garland for Rowand, i wouldn't mind if that happened

SOecks
06-08-2006, 07:04 AM
thats pretty funny....but i was more interested in Garland for Rowand, i wouldn't mind if that happened

:?: Yeah, so we can bring McCarthy out of the bullpen and further weaken a currently underperforming and injured (Politte, Nelson) bullpen? I don't think so.

CHEESESOXER
06-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Sox pitchers will get their first chance to hit in a game this season when they travel to Cincinnati for an interleague series that begins June 16.
Pitchers had their first batting practice Tuesday.
Mark Buehrle highlighted the pregame display by taking a fastball from bench coach Tim Raines out of the park and then circling the bases and tipping his cap. "He's been talking a lot of (stuff) lately," Buehrle said of Raines.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/071sd2.htm

I read the article about the Big C.
Last night, Coop came out to talk to him and, I'm certain he spoke about dropping his arm because, after that, he was good again.

jongarlandlover
06-08-2006, 04:21 PM

:o:

as much as i'd love to have rowand back, i wouldn't want to lose jon. i love that man!

ode to veeck
06-08-2006, 04:34 PM

see the roadhouse for all the latest details on that one

otherwise, use teal in your posts so we know you're kidding

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2006, 06:14 PM

I was talking about this exact same thing last night with another season ticketholder who has seats right next to me, and we both agreed that this would do nothing but help our club. Rowand provides the same defense with extra offense. In addition, this can only boost Crede and Pierzynski more to have the "third Stooge" back.

SweetnesSox
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
I was talking about this exact same thing last night with another season ticketholder who has seats right next to me, and we both agreed that this would do nothing but help our club. Rowand provides the same defense with extra offense. In addition, this can only boost Crede and Pierzynski more to have the "third Stooge" back.

plus adding a worse, less experienced starter and taking another right arm out of our lights-out bullpen always helps.

buehrle4cy05
06-08-2006, 11:46 PM

I wonder what the stats are of how many threads have dove into the Garland-for-Rowand farce.

CLR01
06-08-2006, 11:59 PM

Same defense as who, Mack?

Certainly not Anderson. If that is what you two came up with then no more alcohol for either of you when discussing the White Sox.

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/Rowand1.gif

getonbckthr
06-09-2006, 12:01 AM
NO TRADE CLAUSE!