PDA

View Full Version : *official* BADDDD Bobby Jenks Postgame thread.

HotelWhiteSox
06-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Woot

soltrain21
Cheer up dark clouds. You remind me of emo kids.

:bandance:

thomas35forever
NICE TO INCH EVEN CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bandance:

TDog
06-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Not only have the Sox taken the first two games of the series, but did anyone notice that the Sox bullpen beat the Tigers bullpen in both games?

Way to go guys.

getonbckthr
Huge game within 1/2. Still we need to start converting with guys in scoring position.

sox230
All I have to say is that it is great being in Ann Arbor right now with all the Kittie fans.
:smile: Underrated play of the game:smile: : Joe Crede not trying to tie the game with a homer after making the error and driving it the opposite way. P.S. He would have been dead if Gomez came up with it.

MarySwiss
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
What the hell took this thread so long to post? Woooo-HOOO!!!!

ShoelessJoeS
5-0 against this AL Central powerhouse.

Let's make it 6 tomorrow boys!

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

mark2olson
Good win tonight. The pen comes through in holding the lead, Jenks comes in and closes it out...

ilsox7
06-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Too bad 1 run wins really don't count b/c they are solely a function of luck. :cool:

unclegary
Get those brooms out John Gardner:supernana:

voodoochile
Let's see...

The Sox win 4-3...

Lemonhead drives in the winning run...

Jenks nails down the save...

It's like Deja Vu all over again...

1/2 game back and it's only because the Kittens have played an extra game.

Go for blood tomorrow...

:winner

Gray skies are going to clear up
Put on a happy face.
You can spread sunshine all over the place.
When you put on a hap-hap-happy face...:)

JB98
Not only have the Sox taken the first two games of the series, but did anyone notice that the Sox bullpen beat the Tigers bullpen in both games?

Way to go guys.

Spot-on comment about the bullpens. This was a hard-earned win tonight. Championship teams win close games against other contending teams. That's exactly what the Sox have done the last two nights.

Let's win again tomorrow and send a message loud and clear.

voodoochile
06-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Get those brooms out John Gardner:supernana:

:?:

1951Campbell
pwned.

ilsox7
Spot-on comment about the bullpens. This was a hard-earned win tonight. Championship teams win close games against other contending teams. That's exactly what the Sox have done the last two nights.

Let's win again tomorrow and send a message loud and clear.

It's amazing what happens when the pitching is good. This reminds me of last year. Pitching is keeping them down and offense is doing just enough to win. It will be scary when we get back to great offense to go with the pitching how it has been the last two ballgames.

Even in the loss column, that's what matters.

soxwon
06-07-2006, 10:45 PM
A win for All generations.
Now were rollin, SWEEP....

eurotrash35
06-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm going to make the first and hopfully only negative post:

**** WCIU!! :angry:

If they cause me to miss another great game I'm going to blow up their transmission tower.

ShoelessJoeS
06-07-2006, 10:46 PM
:?:I think he meant Judy Gardner.

:tongue:

cubhater
I'll take a double shot of Cintron, thank you!:gulp:

whitesoxfan
Another nice one-run win tonight. The eventual winning run scored in part thanks to the sac bunt, which moved Crede to 2nd. Cintron got the base hit and the rest was history. 5-0 against Detroit this year. Let's make it 6-0 tomorrow :smile:

Brian26
06-07-2006, 10:47 PM
With the Yankees rainout, the Sox are now in full possession of the 2nd best record in baseball, and 0.5 games out from having the best record.

digdagdug23
06-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Another nice one-run win tonight. The eventual winning run scored in part thanks to the sac bunt, which moved Crede to 2nd. Cintron got the base hit and the rest was history. 5-0 against Detroit this year. Let's make it 6-0 tomorrow :smile:

Who knew we remembered the way to lay down a bunt?

Small ball, baby, small ball.

getonbckthr
06-07-2006, 10:50 PM
I hope Ozzie doesn't put in the famous " we won the series" lineup in for Thursday, lets go after the sweep. Please Garland pitch inside.

Kogs35
06-07-2006, 10:50 PM
i luvvvv bobby jenks :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp:

ilsox7
06-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I hope Ozzie doesn't put in the famous " we won the series" lineup in for Thursday, lets go after the sweep. Please Garland pitch inside.

Ozzie's line-ups are out there for a reason. Cintron has come up big the last 2 games in part b/c Ozzie gets him regular playing time to stay sharp.

SoxFanPrope
06-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Did Hawk B-a-a-a-a-a???? :wink:

getonbckthr
06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
The key this week has been the sharpness of the bullpen so far. Until this week the pen has been actually scary out there these 2 games they have answered the call.

markopat
06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
GREAT WIN!! Let's take it home tomorrow!!

Time to Toast Bobby Jenks and LemonHead with a martini!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sox aka champs
06-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Great win, go Sox!

getonbckthr
06-07-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm still worried about Bobby's weight issues!

kwolf68
06-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Glad to see the bullpen start coming around. Not sure about Montero, but he and Cotts made it through the 8th and then Jenks nailed it.

Great job Cintron...Playing for first place tomorrow...we're used to it, let's go play like it. :bandance:

unclegary
06-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Last August I was visiting Chicago. The Sox were about 17 games up. I was listening to some moron on a talk show and he referred to Garland as Gardner. I was nonplussed that a Chicago sports show host wouldn't even know the names of the starting pitchers. I can see that happening in San Diego but not Chicago.....ergo....the name John Gardner lives in infamy

RIGHT CHISOX GIRL!!!!????:cool:

Save McCuddy's
06-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Whether I know about Montero or not, I already feel better when he's out there than I do with Cliffy.

voodoochile
06-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Last August I was visiting Chicago. The Sox were about 17 games up. I was listening to some moron on a talk show and he referred to Garland as Gardner. I was nonplussed that a Chicago sports show host wouldn't even know the names of the starting pitchers. I can see that happening in San Diego but not Chicago.....ergo....the name John Gardner lives in infamy

RIGHT CHISOX GIRL!!!!????:cool:

I think you mean Jon Gardner...

Or is it Chauncy Gardner?

Either way I like to watch...

unclegary
06-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Error noted and recognized....JON GARDNER

HawkDJ
06-07-2006, 11:04 PM
In Montero's short 5 innings of work he has a WHIP of 1.00 and an opposing batting average of .200 . New right handed set up man anyone?

D. TODD
06-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Good job getting the "W". Jenks has been lights out!!:D: A key sacrafice bunt executed to boot.:D: I'll be there tomorrow night, hopefully we can bring home the sweep!!

RowanDye
06-07-2006, 11:05 PM
A bunt and a bullpen....who knew?

:bandance: one for Bobby

:bandance: one for Sin-tron

I smell SWEEEEEEP!!!!

WinOrDyeTrying
06-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Detroit, you just got....

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5296/cintron5oi.jpg

tebman
06-07-2006, 11:06 PM
I think you mean Jon Gardner...

Or is it Chauncy Gardner?

Either way I like to watch...

:rolling:

http://cinetext.philo.at/magazine/castle/images/remote.jpg

"...and in the summer, there will be growth."

tstrike2000
06-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Sweep tomorrow my friends.

06-07-2006, 11:09 PM
All I have to say is that it is great being in Ann Arbor right now with all the Kittie fans.
:smile: Underrated play of the game:smile: : Joe Crede not trying to tie the game with a homer after making the error and driving it the opposite way. P.S. He would have been dead if Gomez came up with it.

If Gomez came up with it, Cora would have put on the brakes, he saw the bobble and waved him in...I thought the same thing, but the replay showed a good view....Great win guys

JB98
06-07-2006, 11:10 PM
It's amazing what happens when the pitching is good. This reminds me of last year. Pitching is keeping them down and offense is doing just enough to win. It will be scary when we get back to great offense to go with the pitching how it has been the last two ballgames.

Even in the loss column, that's what matters.

The other thing that's amazing is how good things happen offensively when you execute a bunt. We saw that in the bottom of the seventh tonight.

HomeFish
06-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Gray skies are going to clear up
Put on a happy face.
You can spread sunshine all over the place.
When you put on a hap-hap-happy face...:)

I wouldn't be so optimistic just yet. Rogers v Garland is not a matchup that favors us. Rogers is just about custom-built to kill us; think of any pitching trait that we struggle against, and he's got it.

But the Sox will be 1.5 GB instead of 2.5 GB after tomorrow, and every game counts. Good job Mackowiak and Cintron.

06-07-2006, 11:12 PM

The Gambler is a lefty (I believe), expect top see Ozuna for Pods, Widger for AJ and Anderson for Mac.....Ozuna for Pods I don't mind...except when the Tigers are batting...It will all end up with how AJ has hit Rogers in his career...

Fuller_Schettman
06-07-2006, 11:13 PM

"You go tell Raphael that I ain't taking no jive from no Western Union Messenger!"

soxstarter
06-07-2006, 11:13 PM
OH yeahhhhh, just send in the "big guy" :bandance:

samram
06-07-2006, 11:14 PM
But the Sox will be 1.5 GB instead of 2.5 GB after tomorrow, and every game counts.

You wish.

But at least you're saving me the trouble of watching.:rolleyes:

Fuller_Schettman
06-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't be so optimistic just yet. Rogers v Garland is not a matchup that favors us. Rogers is just about custom-built to kill us; think of any pitching trait that we struggle against, and he's got it.

But the Sox will be 1.5 GB instead of 2.5 GB after tomorrow, and every game counts. Good job Mackowiak and Cintron.

Do you ever take a day off?

voodoochile
06-07-2006, 11:16 PM

God it must suck to be you...:?:

whitesoxfan

Do you ever enjoy a victory? We are FIVE and ZERO against Detroit this year. Don't tell us that we don't have a chance against the Kittens tomorrow.

Johnny Mostil

Gosh, I hope they still go ahead and play the game . . . I'd hate to see the vendors lose a day of work . . .

Trav
At the start of the series, someone showed the record for both teams in one run games. I thought about how cool it would be to win all three by one run to tie the records up. We now have a chance to do that. Detroit is 10-7 and the Sox are 9-8.

Vince
06-07-2006, 11:17 PM
But the Sox will be 1.5 GB instead of 2.5 GB after tomorrow, and every game counts.

Yeah, the Sox should just forfeit tomorrow's game and save us the trouble.

beckett21
06-07-2006, 11:18 PM

:mg:

This post doesn't even deserve a response. It's beyond ridiculous.

You must really crave attention because I can't see any other logical reason for posting this crap night after night.

TornLabrum
06-07-2006, 11:19 PM
:mg:

This post doesn't even deserve a response. It's beyond ridiculous.

You must really crave attention because I can't see any other logical reason for posting this crap night after night.

I think he craves another banning, and he's this short || of getting it.

voodoochile
06-07-2006, 11:20 PM
I think he craves another banning, and he's this short || of getting it.

I'm still not sure he isn't just a troll...

:HomeFish:
"No really I'm a fan of that crappy, can't win to save their soul team known as the White Sox. We suck..."

HomeFish
06-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Do you ever enjoy a victory? We are FIVE and ZERO against Detroit this year. Don't tell us that we don't have a chance against the Kittens tomorrow.

All I'm saying is that there is going to be a lot of offensive frustration tomorrow against Rogers. Lots of embarrassing K's swinging on offspeed junk, lots of "how the hell did he get away with that pitch" moments.

The Sox do -not- play lefthanders or junkballers well, and tomorrow we're up against both. If we played the rest of the league as well as the Tigers have, 2 out of 3 is all we'd need, but that's not the case.

thomas35forever
06-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Forget that Rogers has better stats than Garland. We're gonna sweep 'em tomorrow and have the best record in baseball again! Everyone better follow that.

CynicSox
06-07-2006, 11:26 PM

Do you want to take "CynicSox" cause even I'm not this bad. Wow.

I didn't realize that the Sox can't perform against guys who beat up cameramen.

santo=dorf
06-07-2006, 11:28 PM
All I'm saying is that there is going to be a lot of offensive frustration tomorrow against Rogers. Lots of embarrassing K's swinging on offspeed junk, lots of "how the hell did he get away with that pitch" moments.

The Sox do -not- play lefthanders or junkballers well, and tomorrow we're up against both. If we played the rest of the league as well as the Tigers have, 2 out of 3 is all we'd need, but that's not the case.
The only thing embarrassing about the Sox right now is your association with the team by claiming you are a fan of the team.

If you're so confident about the Sox losing tomorrow, why don't you put your post privileges on the line? :wink:

Have the Sox earned bragging rights with their 5-0 record against the Tiggers this year? :rolleyes:
If the Sox played the rest of the league as well as the Tigers this year, we'd be 59-0, 33 games ahead of your precious Twins that you penciled in for the 2006 AL Central title.......and I bet you'd still be finding **** to bitch about.

:dumbass: :dtroll:

CynicSox
06-07-2006, 11:28 PM
The good job to Mackowiak and Cintron must be the silver lining on every dark cloud....

MRKARNO
06-07-2006, 11:29 PM
In Montero's short 5 innings of work he has a WHIP of 1.00 and an opposing batting average of .200 . New right handed set up man anyone?

The problem was that of his two outs today, one was a liner and the other was about two feet from going out, so I wouldn't exactly place a ton of confidence in him. Surely more than Politte though.

Otherwise, an awesome win in every way.

JB98
06-07-2006, 11:30 PM
The Gambler is a lefty (I believe), expect top see Ozuna for Pods, Widger for AJ and Anderson for Mac.....Ozuna for Pods I don't mind...except when the Tigers are batting...It will all end up with how AJ has hit Rogers in his career...

AJ will play tomorrow. His day off will come Saturday against Sabathia.

Rgilliam32
06-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Jenks sure looks like hes lost weight

TheOldRoman
06-07-2006, 11:31 PM

The Sox do -not- play lefthanders or junkballers well, and tomorrow we're up against both. If we played the rest of the league as well as the Tigers have, 2 out of 3 is all we'd need, but that's not the case. Don't try to defend the garbage you post. Yes, the Sox do bad against lefties and junkballers. So what? That doesn't mean the game is an automatic loss tomorrow. When you say that it is a garaunteed loss, you come off as a complete moron.

rational person: "The Sox have a big task tomorrow. They haven't faired well against lefties or slow tossers. However, Garland has looked better of late, and if he is on the Sox have a good chance."

Homefish: "Pack up the tents. Tomorrow is an automatic loss. We will be 1.5 back a third of the way through the season. Multiply that by three, and we will finish the year 4.5 games back. This team is no better than the fourth place team I picked them to be the last two years. Johan Santana looks good in baseball pants."

Johnny Mostil
06-07-2006, 11:33 PM

Kenny Rogers lifetime: 197-134, 4.29 ERA, 1.39 WHIP
Rogers lifetime vs. Sox: 13-7, 4.64 ERA, 1.37 WHIP
Rogers lifetime at Cel: 3-3, 4.75 ERA, 1.26 WHIP.

Tough assignment? Perhaps. Impossible? Nah . . .

Fuller_Schettman
06-07-2006, 11:37 PM
How much you wanna bet the Tigers score just 3 runs tomorrow?

Our job: one more!

"On the day that God created Homefish, couldn't He have just rested on that day instead?"

getonbckthr
06-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Sox will explode offensively tommorow. Paulie will go 3-4 with a homer and 3 rbi's. Book it!!!

TornLabrum
06-07-2006, 11:42 PM
"On the day that God created Homefish, couldn't He have just rested on that day instead?"

http://www.georgecarlin.com/images/photos/television/9tv.JPEG

"And don't forget, underneath every silver lining, there's a big, dark cloud."

Hitmen77
Sox clinch a series win tonight!!!!

:jerry
"Let's start Sean Tracey tomorrow!"

goon
Jenks sure looks like hes lost weight

but i'm still afraid if he doesn't get his velocity up by the end of spring training, we might be in trouble.

santo=dorf
Homefish, I'll make you an offer.
If the Sox finish in third and the Twins win the division (like you predicted,) I'll have myself banned from WSI and give you $200.

If the Sox win tomorrow, you get banned from WSI.

http://www.vegas.com/shows/mandelhowie.jpg
"Deal? Or no deal?"

goon
06-07-2006, 11:46 PM
http://www.vegas.com/shows/mandelhowie.jpg
"Deal? Or no deal?"

just don't touch my hands.

SluggersAway
06-07-2006, 11:48 PM

Only at WSI do we get quotes from Hal Ashby and Jerry Kosinski's Being There. Here is a lesson for the dark clouds:

President: Mr. Gardner, do you agree with Ben, or do you think that we can stimulate growth through temporary incentives?
Chauncey: As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.
President: In the garden.
Chauncey: Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.
President: Spring and summer.
Chauncey: Yes.
President: Then fall and winter.
Chauncey: Yes. Ben Rand: I think what our insightful young friend is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we're upset by the seasons of our economy.
Chauncey: Yes! There will be growth in the spring!
Ben Rand: Hmm!
Chauncey: Hmm!
President: Hm. Well, Mr. Gardner, I must admit that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements I've heard in a very, very long time.
[Ben Rand applauds]
President: I admire your good, solid sense. That's precisely what we lack on Capitol Hill.

HotelWhiteSox
06-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Did Hawk B-a-a-a-a-a???? :wink:

Fuller_Schettman
06-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Only at WSI do we get quotes from Hal Ashby and Jerry Kosinski's Being There. Here is a lesson for the dark clouds:

President: Mr. Gardner, do you agree with Ben, or do you think that we can stimulate growth through temporary incentives?
Chauncey: As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.
President: In the garden.
Chauncey: Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.
President: Spring and summer.
Chauncey: Yes.
President: Then fall and winter.
Chauncey: Yes. Ben Rand: I think what our insightful young friend is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we're upset by the seasons of our economy.
Chauncey: Yes! There will be growth in the spring!
Ben Rand: Hmm!
Chauncey: Hmm!
President: Hm. Well, Mr. Gardner, I must admit that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements I've heard in a very, very long time.
[Ben Rand applauds]
President: I admire your good, solid sense. That's precisely what we lack on Capitol Hill.

"It's very good, Eve!"

digdagdug23
06-07-2006, 11:55 PM
rational person: "The Sox have a big task tomorrow. They haven't faired well against lefties or slow tossers. However, Garland has looked better of late, and if he is on the Sox have a good chance."

That was WAY too intelligent for me....and also insanely rational, well done, Roman, well done.

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2006, 11:56 PM
What can I say...We OWN Detroit!!! It's time to take over first place, that's rightfully OUR'S!!!!

Once again, a great performance by Jenks. Contreras had some trouble locating strikes; but, at least our offense scored just enough for the victory.

It was great to meet Pdimas, zach23, and Blob, and see Bob, Bob, Miller, Cyndi, Mike, and skotty once again.

I'll be back at it Friday.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-07-2006, 11:58 PM

The best part is you managed to sneak in another dig while defending the first one. :o:

It is time for you to meet one of my friends. Bobby "Hebb" Jenks hit it:

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My Sunny one shines so sincere.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

itsnotrequired
06-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Get flogged, Detroit.

Glad to see more WSIers learning the ways of the pdimas tailgate. Bring your beer and feel like Pablo all the time.

Sig update time.

HotelWhiteSox
06-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Observation for the Anderson haters, don't think Ozzie played the defensive replacement game at the end (unless I missed it). Telling that he was mad as well about yesterday

hawkjt
06-08-2006, 12:12 AM
the tigers gotta be asking themselves if they can ever beat the sox. I see rogers as due for a rough outing against the sox.

That sequence in the 7th was a thing of beauty with a great ab by Joe, nice bunt by Mack, a clutch basehit by Alex, and good coaching and base-running by Joey and Joe.

It good that Joe can sleep well tonite by coming back with a big hit. He just exudes confidence out there in late innings now.

Big Bad Hot Bobby Jenks- whatta gonna say? most entertaining closer on the south side since ? Sheer entertainment? Gossage?

We do need to kick them while they are down- next time we play them they may not be in the middle of a 3-8 stretch. No mercy. Need Jon to give us 7 strong, then we have McCarthy and Thornton ready to go. I hope we can avoid using bobby again tomorrow nite. He needs a day off to remain this effective- I say Thornton closes tomorrow nite.
It is most definitely summer now and we are having some fun.

Chisox003
06-08-2006, 12:13 AM
WOOP!

:gulp:

Sargeant79
06-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Observation for the Anderson haters, don't think Ozzie played the defensive replacement game at the end (unless I missed it). Telling that he was mad as well about yesterday

You just beat me to it...

I just got home from the game and I was wondering why Anderson wasn't brought in as a defensive sub in the 8th. Mackowiak just batted in the 7th, and I really thought they could have used the defense out there. If Ozzie isn't happy about last night, that would explain it, but I still think he should have put in BA.

As for tomorrow, Garland has looked a little better lately, so I'm anticipating a more competitive game than our buddy Homefish is predicting. Let's bring home the sweep!

whitesoxwilkes
06-08-2006, 12:19 AM
WOOP!

:gulp:

I'll drink to that! Great game, great crowd tonight. I was a little concerned about Jose's walks (4, egads) but it was nice to see the 'pen come out and shine and a combo of longballs and smallballs stave off the Tigers.

(Anyone else notice the Tigers have gotten really high on the hit-and-run?)

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-08-2006, 12:26 AM
the tigers gotta be asking themselves if they can ever beat the sox. I see rogers as due for a rough outing against the sox.

That sequence in the 7th was a thing of beauty with a great ab by Joe, nice bunt by Mack, a clutch basehit by Alex, and good coaching and base-running by Joey and Joe.

It good that Joe can sleep well tonite by coming back with a big hit. He just exudes confidence out there in late innings now.

Big Bad Hot Bobby Jenks- whatta gonna say? most entertaining closer on the south side since ? Sheer entertainment? Gossage?

We do need to kick them while they are down- next time we play them they may not be in the middle of a 3-8 stretch. No mercy. Need Jon to give us 7 strong, then we have McCarthy and Thornton ready to go. I hope we can avoid using bobby again tomorrow nite. He needs a day off to remain this effective- I say Thornton closes tomorrow nite.

We don't need no stinkin' closers!

Garland will throw a CG shutout. :tongue:

Chips
06-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Get flogged, Detroit.

Glad to see more WSIers learning the ways of the pdimas tailgate. Bring your beer and feel like Pablo all the time.

Sig update time.

The pdimas tailgate is great. I hope The Dude picks me up early enough to do it again. If not, I'll be at it after the game and on Saturday.

johnnyg83
06-08-2006, 12:41 AM
The problem was that of his two outs today, one was a liner and the other was about two feet from going out, so I wouldn't exactly place a ton of confidence in him. Surely more than Politte though.

Yeah but that liner was softer than David Gest on his wedding night.

The Dude
06-08-2006, 12:56 AM
The pdimas tailgate is great. I hope The Dude picks me up early enough to do it again. If not, I'll be at it after the game and on Saturday.

Hey maybe you can learn how to drive an automobile next time and do some of the driving around!

rwcescato
06-08-2006, 01:00 AM

:bandance:

it sucks to go 3-7 in 10 games. I never want to do it again.
Rich

ps How do those flubbue fans live with themselves.

johnnyg83
06-08-2006, 01:03 AM
How do those flubbue fans live with themselves.

they believe that if they keep talking into their cell phones, they'll never have to confront reality.

rwcescato
06-08-2006, 01:04 AM

Gossage was a young starter for the Sox in the 70's for those of you to young to remember.

Tragg
How did Munoz look?

IlliniSox4Life
You just beat me to it...

I just got home from the game and I was wondering why Anderson wasn't brought in as a defensive sub in the 8th. Mackowiak just batted in the 7th, and I really thought they could have used the defense out there. If Ozzie isn't happy about last night, that would explain it, but I still think he should have put in BA.

As for tomorrow, Garland has looked a little better lately, so I'm anticipating a more competitive game than our buddy Homefish is predicting. Let's bring home the sweep!

Yup, I was sitting 2 rows behind the bullpen, and Anderson was there the whole game.

Some notes on my trip:

Did anyone else take 55 from the SW burbs? It took me TWO HOURS to get to the park from the Route 53 exit in Bolingbrook. Traffic was HORRIBLE, and there was no reason that I could see for it. I left at 5pm and ended up sitting in my seat just before the bottom of the second started. Also, traffic was actually going smooth on the way back until we got a flat tire. There were at least 4 other cars in a mile stretch that had flats too. Some jerk must've tossed something on the road :angry:.

Regarding the things everyone hates:
The wave started in the upper deck late in the game, but it didn't get more than halfway around the stadium. I think people are learning. Some guy started yelling throw it back after the Tigers home run, and three people, including myself, informed him that this isn't Wrigley and that you can get kicked out for throwing stuff on the field. It was a very well behaved crowd I must say.

I did laugh when there were two very attractive girls trying to get Jenks' attention when he was warming up. They kept calling him "Pods". One of their boyfriends came over and started laughing. I think he played a trick on them.

Great game though, the Cell was rockin' tonight.

Sig update time....

QCIASOXFAN
06-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Why cant Comcast carry every game!! Sounded great on the radio though but wish I could have seen Big Bad Bobby throw gassss!

lakeviewsoxfan
06-08-2006, 01:19 AM
just don't touch my hands.

post of the week

TheOldRoman
06-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Why cant Comcast carry every game!! Sounded great on the radio though but wish I could have seen Big Bad Bobby throw gassss!
As someone who couldn't watch but a handful of Sox games a year because I didn't have cable/satellite most of my life, I am glad Comcast doesn't have every game. It is rather hard to keep up with a team when you only get to see them once, maybe twice, a week.
WCIU sucks, but I would be happy if the Sox put more games on WGN (though it isn't likely to happen. Not everyone has cable, and it is dumb to exclude people from your fanbase for that.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-08-2006, 01:22 AM
As someone who couldn't watch but a handful of Sox games a year because I didn't have cable/satellite most of my life, I am glad Comcast doesn't have every game. It is rather hard to keep up with a team when you only get to see them once, maybe twice, a week.
WCIU sucks, but I would be happy if the Sox put more games on WGN (though it isn't likely to happen. Not everyone has cable, and it is dumb to exclude people from your fanbase for that.

:thumbsup:

IlliniSox4Life
06-08-2006, 01:25 AM

As someone who still doesn't have cable because my dad hates Comcast, I am glad for the WCIU games too. I have even offered to pay for the channels, but he won't let me.

churlish
06-08-2006, 01:29 AM

The Sox won the ****ing World Series.

They have a hell of a chance to repeat.

So, yes, I'm going to be optimistic.

CLR01
06-08-2006, 01:33 AM
If you're so confident about the Sox losing tomorrow, why don't you put your post privileges on the line? :wink:

I love that idea. If the Sox lose tomorrow (and not just lose but look foolish and get embarrassed) HomeFish lives to post another day. If the Sox lose a close one, make it interesting or actually manage to not lose to the mighty Kittens :rolleyes: you're gone until the Sox are eliminated+1 month (a WS will eliminate the +month).

:thumbsup:Good Deal!

esbrechtel
06-08-2006, 01:38 AM
im one of the biggest Joe C fans out there but what was with his defensive play tonight? he seemed lazy at the hot corner tonight.....thoughts?

ilsox7
06-08-2006, 01:45 AM
im one of the biggest Joe C fans out there but what was with his defensive play tonight? he seemed lazy at the hot corner tonight.....thoughts?

He made a bad play. It happens.

gobears1987
06-08-2006, 01:49 AM

:bandance:Wasn't 6/6/06 designated "National beat-up emo kid day." I forgot to do that yesterday.:redneck

fuzzy_patters
06-08-2006, 01:57 AM

I didn't think he was lazy at all. He just rushed that throw to try and keep Ordonez off base. It was a bad decision because Ordonez would have been safe anyway, and the error allowed the run to score. However, that does not make him lazy.

Tigerslover
06-08-2006, 02:37 AM

The only reason the baserunning was good there was because Gomez overran the ball. If he can get to that ball and throw home, Crede is most likely out. Still though at least you guys got something other then a home run with a man in scoring position. Which is something the Tigers have not been able to do at all lately, with the exception of that one sac fly tonight.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-08-2006, 02:46 AM
I love that idea. If the Sox lose tomorrow (and not just lose but look foolish and get embarrassed) HomeFish lives to post another day. If the Sox lose a close one, make it interesting or actually manage to not lose to the mighty Kittens :rolleyes: you're gone until the Sox are eliminated+1 month (a WS will eliminate the +month).

:thumbsup:Good Deal!

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/images2/OAR-P3-235-2-Orig.jpg

Cue the music (and enjoy funny video):

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/128084/

(Contains profanity and a pair of scissors - viewer discretion is advised)

purduedude87
06-08-2006, 02:52 AM
funny vid

TheOldRoman
06-08-2006, 03:26 AM
As someone who still doesn't have cable because my dad hates Comcast, I am glad for the WCIU games too. I have even offered to pay for the channels, but he won't let me.
You should look into satelite. I have DishNetwork, and I pay about the same as one would pay for cable every month.

Frankfan4life
06-08-2006, 04:58 AM
This win made me very happy! :D:

Wsoxmike59
06-08-2006, 07:06 AM
I was at the game last night with a buddy/vendor from work. Great game on an absolutely perfect night for baseball. I made sure to wear the lucky "Hitman" hat which has now run its' record to a perfect 8-0 on the season! :bandance:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1752976reg.jpg

My Record This Season Wearing the Hat: 8-0
My Wife's Record This Season at Games: 8-0

Bobbo35
06-08-2006, 07:55 AM
BAAAAAD Bobby Jenks and Alex the lemonhead Cintron is all I have to say!!! Jose battled on the mound and picked up the victory. Should be a good one tonight with Rogers and Garland. Hey Garland, please keep your pitches off the heart of the plate, I am sick of seeing homeruns jacked off of you!!

Go Sox!!!

Hitmen77
06-08-2006, 09:02 AM
it sucks to go 3-7 in 10 games. I never want to do it again.
Rich

ps How do those flubbue fans live with themselves.

Easy, they think that attendance and ivy are more important than the baseball game.

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2006, 09:25 AM

He made a darn good play on a screaming liner in the later stages of the game when Detroit could've scored a couple of runs. That one play in the 7th was the only "brain fart" I recall from Joe.

ChiSoxGirl
06-08-2006, 09:29 AM

RIGHT CHISOXGIRL!!!!????:cool:

This is true, unclegary! I think it was Hub Arkush and Zack Zaidman on the air, and it was Zaidman who called him Gardner. I distinctly remember you calling me while sitting on the Kennedy immediately after you heard this. I don't think I'd ever heard you so frustrated about radio personalities- you were appalled at what you heard. Then again, you don't get the opportunity to hear anyone except the darlings on ESPN Radio. I then welcomed you to my world, and the world of all other local Sox fans. :cool:

MsSoxVixen22
06-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Another great game by Absolut Cintron! :bandance: Good to see Thome jack one! Hawk's "Sox it Thome time" was classic! Great job by Neal and B-a-a-a-d Bobby Jinks! Shut 'em down tonite Garland and let's go for the sweep!

robiwho
06-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Get flogged, Detroit.

I'll trade you beer for a ticket anytime -- and thanks for hooking me up with the tailgate. Just when I thought the season couldn't be more fun. :gulp:

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2006, 09:34 AM
I'll trade you beer for a ticket anytime -- and thanks for hooking me up with the tailgate. Just when I thought the season couldn't be more fun. :gulp:

Are you going Friday?

I heard there's gonna be an outstanding pdimas tailgate then...

Baby Fisk
06-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Two nights in a row I've been stuck with the FOX Detroit feed for these games. The commentators (Mario Impemba and Rod Allen) used to say very complimentary things about the Sox earlier this season, but last night they were stewing quietly. Enjoy the view from up there guys, it will be the last you see of it after tonight.

WHITE SOX! WHITE SOX!
GO GO WHITE SOX! :bandance:

robiwho
06-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Did anyone else take 55 from the SW burbs? It took me TWO HOURS to get to the park from the Route 53 exit in Bolingbrook. Traffic was HORRIBLE, and there was no reason that I could see for it. I left at 5pm and ended up sitting in my seat just before the bottom of the second started. Also, traffic was actually going smooth on the way back until we got a flat tire. There were at least 4 other cars in a mile stretch that had flats too. Some jerk must've tossed something on the road :angry:.

I was going to get on the Stevenson at Harlem and fortunately saw the backup, so I took Archer instead -- which only took me about 35 minutes. The Stevenson looked like a parking lot; I heard on the radio that there were a few accidents.

robiwho
06-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Are you going Friday?

I heard there's gonna be an outstanding pdimas tailgate then...

I'll be using Friday to recover from Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-08-2006, 10:30 AM
I was at the game last night with a buddy/vendor from work. Great game on an absolutely perfect night for baseball. I made sure to wear the lucky "Hitman" hat which has now run its' record to a perfect 8-0 on the season! :bandance:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1752976reg.jpg

My Record This Season Wearing the Hat: 8-0
My Wife's Record This Season at Games: 8-0

Sox were 5-1 in last season's postseason with it on my head at the Cell. :cool:

SSHM

viagracat
06-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Sat in the 531 section last night; what a great vantage point. Add cold beer, brats with saurkraut and a White Sox winner, and it was a good time! There were some Tiger fans near us, but they were nice and everybody got along.

:)

Let's ruin HomeFish's day and sweep the Kitties. :smile:

pdimas
06-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I'll be using Friday to recover from Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

We are going straight through to Sunday :smile: . Best thing you can do is get back up on that horse :gulp:.

robiwho
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
We are going straight through to Sunday :smile: . Best thing you can do is get back up on that horse :gulp:.

I'll see you Sunday. I need at least a couple days off to remind my family who that woman in the Sox gear is. :redface:

nasox
06-08-2006, 01:27 PM

You, sir, rock! It pisses me off when some weekends, when there is usually a sox game on WGN, there isn't, but rather two Cubs games on WGN. Or sometimes, WCIU or WGN don't carry weekday day games and instead have Maury or even INFOMERCIALS on. :angry:

SBSoxFan
06-08-2006, 01:42 PM
It's like Deja Vu all over again...

When I loaded chicagosports.com last night, actually early this morning, I saw the 4-3 score and thought they hadn't updated the page yet! As soon as I realized that the score was identical to the first game I thought that should have been the thread title.

*official* It's deja vu all over again postgame thread :D: