PDA

View Full Version : Juan Uribe

bafiarocks03
06-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know if his wife had their baby yet!? Details!?

yesenia
06-08-2006, 10:50 AM
yeah she gave birth to their 4th child on 6-6-06. Ozzie said if the kid is anything like Juan, they are going to have problems. gotta love him. i think she had a girl but im not sure

salty99
06-08-2006, 10:57 AM
NO He did not have the baby...labor is being induced today.

digdagdug23
06-08-2006, 11:08 AM

Well, if he does, call Guiness Book of Records.............

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I thought she had the child on 6/6, as previously stated, I thought I hear someone say during last night's game that she had the baby Tuesday. Maybe I misheard.

salty99
06-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Ozzie's press conference on the Score after last night's game said she didn't have the child yet and he wasn't sure when she would. Today on the Cubune it says labor will be induced today.

sox1970
06-08-2006, 12:11 PM

Here's an idea...how about start missing work when your wife actually goes into labor?

sullythered
06-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Here's an idea...how about start missing work when your wife actually goes into labor?
Yeah, 'cause Alex has been a major step down this week.

jenn2080
06-08-2006, 12:39 PM

Would you want things any different? Dont complain about his days off if he didnt take those days chances are things would be a bit dif this week

woodsdavid
06-08-2006, 12:52 PM

just a guess, but you don't have any kids?

BainesHOF
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Let's remember the two plays Juan made to close out the World Series and give the guy a break.

yesenia
06-08-2006, 12:58 PM
and lets remember how great cliff was last year too but you dont see everyone cheering him on either. sometimes even the good guys need a break to regroup. i know ozzie said they had the kid already. weird

oeo
06-08-2006, 01:28 PM
and lets remember how great cliff was last year too but you dont see everyone cheering him on either. sometimes even the good guys need a break to regroup. i know ozzie said they had the kid already. weird
Because bullpen guys can be so inconsistent, it's ridiculous. They can be dominant one year, and be terrible the next. You never know what you're going to get unless your name is Mariano Rivera.

Cliff has been up and down his whole career, and there's a reason to think that last year was just a career year. Those are numbers that are very difficult to repeat, but he's not even coming close.

Where as, Juan is a streaky hitter. You may not notice it (because his season numbers are not this low), but he will go on these bad stretches and then hit .300 for a month, and his average is up...then he will start to slump again and the average will go back down. In the end, he always ends up around .250, though. And his defense will always be there, don't take a couple of plays and say he lost it.

SBSoxFan
06-08-2006, 01:38 PM
I think the break will Juan good. He'll hopefully have a healthy wife and baby to look back on, and get refocused on baseball. Perhaps some of his play can be attributed to this personal aspect of his life.

mccoydp
06-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Best wishes to Juan, wife, and newborn.

Come back refreshed and ready to hit like a madman!

sox1970
06-08-2006, 02:23 PM
just a guess, but you don't have any kids?

No, thank god.

Seriously, I've never heard of a player leaving his team any earlier than he had to. Unless she's having the baby out of the country, I was kind of surprised he left, especially if the birth is being induced.

That said, I'm happy with Cintron out there the last couple days.

southside rocks
06-08-2006, 02:31 PM
No, thank god.

Seriously, I've never heard of a player leaving his team any earlier than he had to. Unless she's having the baby out of the country, I was kind of surprised he left, especially if the birth is being induced.

That said, I'm happy with Cintron out there the last couple days.

I'm sorry, but what do you know about Ana Uribe's pregnancy and why her husband took off to be with her? Do you know if there were complications or health risks for mother or baby? Do you know why labor now has to be induced (which BTW is kind of a big deal)?

I suspect you don't, and as a female Sox fan, I find your comments in really poor taste. It sounds like you're saying that a couple of baseball games are more important than a guy's wife or kid. Get over it -- even A.J. Pierzynski said that the WS win was the second biggest thrill for him in 2005, with the birth of his daughter being the first. I give Juan Uribe props for being a husband and father first.

yesenia
06-08-2006, 02:37 PM
well as another female sox fan, i can say that even i think if there were no complications there really isnt a reason why he didnt have to play. if he chose to take time off thats all fine and great. its his choice and the sox are great enough to be able to deal without him. it was said that he took time off to be with his wife because she was having a baby that day. yes, it was said in that way so when we find out that he isnt having a baby it makes you wonder what happened. i hope everything is ok and i dont think sox1970's comments should be taken as offensive. i mean seriously....its one guy.

sox1970
06-08-2006, 02:44 PM
well as another female sox fan, i can say that even i think if there were no complications there really isnt a reason why he didnt have to play. if he chose to take time off thats all fine and great. its his choice and the sox are great enough to be able to deal without him. it was said that he took time off to be with his wife because she was having a baby that day. yes, it was said in that way so when we find out that he isnt having a baby it makes you wonder what happened. i hope everything is ok and i dont think sox1970's comments should be taken as offensive. i mean seriously....its one guy.

What she said.

I didn't mean any offense. The offended person is right. I don't know the circumstances. I was just pointing out it's rare to see a player leave early. Even Ozzie joked about Uribe coming back soon. Good luck to Juan and his family.

southside rocks
06-08-2006, 02:48 PM
What she said.

I didn't mean any offense. The offended person is right. I don't know the circumstances. I was just pointing out it's rare to see a player leave early. Even Ozzie joked about Uribe coming back soon. Good luck to Juan and his family.

Sorry. One of those days. I will now step away from the internet, slowly and carefully, and try not to detonate any other mines ... :o: I didn't mean to snap at you.

I just think something might have gone wrong or it might have been a risky pregnancy, and I hope all is well in the Uribe family.

And I love Alex Cintron.

HotelWhiteSox
06-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Juan ('s wife) had a boy

yesenia
06-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Awwww yay Juan and Ana. Almost all the other wives have had a bunch of girls recently.

jongarlandlover
06-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Awwww yay Juan and Ana. Almost all the other wives have had a bunch of girls recently.

Yeah, they have. Well, except for Paulie's, they had Nicolas (sp?).

Congrats to the Uribe family! :D:

jake5824
06-08-2006, 05:10 PM
there should be videos of the birth going up on youtube in a little bit

bafiarocks03
06-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Awwwwwwwww......Juan Uribe had a baby boy!!! His name is Juan Uribe Jr.

Which is not surprising seeing that, his other 3 or 4 kids are either juan uribe jr. or juanny

Frontman
06-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Congrats to the parents! Juan and Ana, its always great to hear a baby is born healthy.

Now, just to be a bit funny, nine months ago....nine months ago.....might it a been a celebration of clinching the division? Or was the baby a few weeks early and it was a "World Series" baby? Makes you wonder how many babies will be born in the next few weeks being named "Paulie, Ozzie, Juan, Scott, Jermaine, Aaron, Mark, Jose, AJ and Tadahito?"

I'm just having fun with it, ya'll. Not trying to be offensive.

Front

wassagstdu
06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Let's remember the two plays Juan made to close out the World Series and give the guy a break.

Three plays.

yesenia
06-09-2006, 12:05 AM
does anyone else find it weird that he had a few days off then comes back the day that his wife had the baby according to earlier posts? are we sure she didnt have the baby before today? seems off to me

HotelWhiteSox
06-09-2006, 12:06 AM
does anyone else find it weird that he had a few days off then comes back the day that his wife had the baby according to earlier posts? are we sure she didnt have the baby before today? seems off to me

I was just going off the radio report. What I'm guessing is that the reporters saw him in the clubhouse (or asked) so came to the conclusion

QCIASOXFAN
06-09-2006, 12:13 AM
does anyone else find it weird that he had a few days off then comes back the day that his wife had the baby according to earlier posts? are we sure she didnt have the baby before today? seems off to me I was wondering that myself :?:

chisoxmike
06-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Hopefully Juan will come back like Crede did last year after Joe has his daughter.