PDA

View Full Version : What game is ESPN showing

caulfield12
06-07-2006, 07:22 PM
now that the Yankees-Red Sox game is cancelled?

Indians-OAK or Toronto vs. Baltimore?

rocky biddle
06-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Toronto v. Baltimore

ChiSoxLifer
06-07-2006, 07:29 PM

Replay of yesterday's game.

Jjav829
06-07-2006, 07:31 PM

They're going to re-live the greatest moments of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry over the past 50 years for the next 3 hours.

whitesoxfan
06-07-2006, 07:32 PM
They are now switching to the Injuns game. Hopefully they'll show some of the Sox game for those that don't get WCIU or don't have MLBTV.

ilsox7
06-07-2006, 07:35 PM
They're going to re-live the greatest moments of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry over the past 50 years for the next 3 hours.
So it's essentially a 3 hour Sportscenter?

jackbrohamer
06-07-2006, 07:40 PM

There are other games played in the major leagues besides Yankees-Red Sox?

cbotnyse
06-07-2006, 07:58 PM

Tony Kornheiser was almost in tears:whiner: today on PTI because the game was cancelled. Wilbon was ripping him a new one, it was great.

HotelWhiteSox
06-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Haha, I made a joke earlier about this since it was postponed early, great to hear the talking heads were all crying.

If they were smart they'd show Det/Chi, Contreras vs Verlander are you kidding me?

rowand33
06-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Haha, I made a joke earlier about this since it was postponed early, great to hear the talking heads were all crying.

If they were smart they'd show Det/Chi, Contreras vs Verlander are you kidding me?

I'd love for them to show our game. I hate when games are on WCIU. I don't get them here in champaign.

MarySwiss
06-07-2006, 08:18 PM

You're kidding, right? Out here in Arizona, we're seeing Toronto vs. Baltimore because ALMOST NOBODY here hails from the Midwest.

ESPN can bite me.

HotelWhiteSox
06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
They finally switched to the Sox game

jackbrohamer
06-07-2006, 09:19 PM
They finally switched to the Sox game

Who in their right mind would want to watch a game between the teams with the 2 best records in baseball?

DaleJRFan
06-08-2006, 12:16 AM
I thought what ESPN did today from 6-9 was pretty cool, showing innings from all of the games going on. I liked it and hope they do it again.

FedEx227
06-08-2006, 01:25 AM
I thought what ESPN did today from 6-9 was pretty cool, showing innings from all of the games going on. I liked it and hope they do it again.

Yeah, same. It was like "Wow, this is what sports coverage should be like". And they kept mentioning that "You've never seen this team yet", "We haven't covered these guys"... it just shows how pathetic the usual coverage is.

But I agree, I was really happy with how ESPN went about that, unfortunately tomorrow its right back to Red Sox/Yankees!

Nellie_Fox
06-08-2006, 02:01 AM
You guys just don't get it. All the rest of MLB is just filler. Sawx/Yanks is all that matters. To anyone. When the game got rained out, they should have just broadcast three hours of funereal music with the screen showing black velvet drapes. Nothing else matters.

oeo
06-08-2006, 02:06 AM
You guys just don't get it. All the rest of MLB is just filler. Sawx/Yanks is all that matters. To anyone. When the game got rained out, they should have just broadcast three hours of funereal music with the screen showing black velvet drapes. Nothing else matters.

Only that the two best teams in baseball were playing head-to-head in a great game. But who cares about that? Screw ESPN.

FedEx227
06-08-2006, 11:50 AM

I was actually legitmately surprised BBTN went with other games, the second I heard it was rained out I turned to my friend and said "Which Yanks/Red Sox game from this year are they going to play now?"