PDA

View Full Version : Possible WSI All-Star Vote-In Quest for Tadahito?

Heffalump
06-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Per Whitesox.com......

"Tadahito Iguchi remains the closest White Sox player to a starting spot, ranked third behind Robinson Cano and Mark Loretta, but just 56,000 out of the top spot."

This could be something within the powers of the WSI Army via online voting. Of course, Ozzie may just pick him anyway.

Opinions?

PennStater98r
06-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Linky?

To the online voting of course?

twsoxfan5
06-07-2006, 10:54 AM
He got my 25 votes

Heffalump
06-07-2006, 10:59 AM
He got my 25 votes

For the link, jus tgo to whitesox.com and look for the Monster Online Ballot link on the main page.

And yes, it is only 25 votes per email address, I believe. I'm sure all those Yankee and BoSox voters have more than one e-mail address *winky-winky*

I may be pushing it with this idea, but after everyone kicked booty for Pods last year, it might be cool to help send the Gooch to his first All-Star game.

Thomes Forearm
06-07-2006, 11:07 AM
For the link, jus tgo to whitesox.com and look for the Monster Online Ballot link on the main page.

And yes, it is only 25 votes per email address, I believe. I'm sure all those Yankee and BoSox voters have more than one e-mail address *winky-winky*

I may be pushing it with this idea, but after everyone kicked booty for Pods last year, it might be cool to help send the Gooch to his first All-Star game.

yeah, just use diff email adresses. heck, i was making them up at one point. got in a good 150 votes.

santo=dorf
06-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Did the international fans just get to vote? How about we send Ondafarm to some Japanese baseball boards and petition to get Tadahito into the game? :D:

ewokpelts
06-07-2006, 11:45 AM
My buddy emailed brooks for a bunch of ballots.
Brooks is sending him a BOX. of ballots.
Gene

oeo
06-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Gooch needs that Japanese population behind him, then he'll run away with this one.

yesenia
06-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Did the international fans just get to vote? How about we send Ondafarm to some Japanese baseball boards and petition to get Tadahito into the game? :D:

That is such a good idea. Maybe I can send the link to family in Mexico....my aunts do have a crush on a few of the Sox...

Murphy10
06-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Well this is what i saw on the sox website. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060518&content_id=1459684&vkey=allstar2006&fext=.jsp Really old but it just shows that japanese can get their vote on.

IlliniSox4Life
06-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Hmmm...I read this board that has a bunch of Americans who teach English in Japan. Maybe I should post there trying to get them to spread the word...

russ99
06-07-2006, 01:34 PM
My buddy emailed brooks for a bunch of ballots.
Brooks is sending him a BOX. of ballots.
Gene

Didn't a bunch of A's fans almost get the entire team elected one year by creating a bunch of primitive quick vote machines made of nails and plywood, then taking them to the park and/or getting boxes of ballots?

Was anyone on WSI a whiz in wood shop??

Or is that cheating...

Heffalump
06-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Didn't a bunch of A's fans almost get the entire team elected one year by creating a bunch of primitive quick vote machines made of nails and plywood, then taking them to the park and/or getting boxes of ballots?

Was anyone on WSI a whiz in wood shop??

Or is that cheating...

That's a good idea......Bu tI think the must efficient way of doing it is via internet voting and filling in jibberish for the email address, etc.

shes
06-07-2006, 02:21 PM
He'll be going anyway. Ozzie'll select Jim, Paulie, Dye, Tads, Crede, AJ, Buehrle, Contreras, and Jenks if he can.

fquaye149
06-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I saw that Loretta and Cano noise. God I hate New Yorkers and Bostonians.

RealMenWearBlack
06-08-2006, 02:04 AM
yeah, just use diff email adresses. heck, i was making them up at one point. got in a good 150 votes.

Can you really use made up e-mail addresses and have the votes count? I really want to use mlballstarvotingisajoke@travishamockery.com.

HotelWhiteSox
06-08-2006, 02:15 AM
Have been doing this since seeing he was so close. Damn NY and Boston. But we do have Japan on our side.

Also, if you want Dye in, vote in crappy outfielders for your other 2 so you don't give the players ahead of him votes

I remember last year for Pods I used some Twin fan's troll's email address to vote (he posted his blog and email about how much he hated the Sox)

IlliniSox4Life
06-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Also, if you want Dye in, vote in crappy outfielders for your other 2 so you don't give the players ahead of him votes

I voted for Anderson. Does that count?

RealMenWearBlack
06-08-2006, 02:30 AM
I'm going to try out my Cub fan friends AIM e-mail addresses because it's the exact same thing as their screenname.