PDA

View Full Version : A night this kid will never forget.

cbone
06-07-2006, 10:51 AM
I share my Double Play plan with a good friend we each have 2 tickets. So last night he gets a call from a friend. The friend has 2 pairs of tickets, one right behind the Sox dugout, the other in the outfield..

Long story short, my friend sits in the outfield seats with his young son for the first half of the game. His wife is behind the dugout with his daughter. The kids are going to switch places during the middle of the game.

To see how the story ends look at the front page of the Sun Times this morning. The little boy standing with his Mom, that's him. The ball he is holding, Dye's HR ball. Someone in the bullpen threw it up to him. before he changed seats.

You get a home run ball and your picture on the front page of the paper. Great night for a big Sox fan.

Sad
06-07-2006, 10:55 AM
I share my Double Play plan with a good friend we each have 2 tickets. So last night he gets a call from a friend. The friend has 2 pairs of tickets, one right behind the Sox dugout, the other in the outfield..

Long story short, my friend sits in the outfield seats with his young son for the first half of the game. His wife is behind the dugout with his daughter. The kids are going to switch places during the middle of the game.

To see how the story ends look at the front page of the Sun Times this morning. The little boy standing with his Mom, that's him. The ball he is holding, Dye's HR ball. Someone in the bullpen threw it up to him. before he changed seats.

You get a home run ball and your picture on the front page of the paper. Great night for a big Sox fan.

they sat right next to us
kid looked like he was having a blast

jenn2080
06-07-2006, 11:08 AM
That is awesome. I will have to get the Sun times later.

North Sox Sider
06-07-2006, 11:11 AM
That is a great picture. What a great night for everyone!

patbooyah
06-07-2006, 11:35 AM

my brother was sitting right behind the bullpen. i'm pretty sure that someone was man soo lee.

woodsdavid
06-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Was at last night's game and the family sitting behind us (mom, dad & two kids probably 5 & 7) who live near the ballpark is seeing their first game at USCF (AND it's their first pro-game) ever. Not only we're they in awe, well-bahaved and respectful, but up in our section (542), there were lots of Tiger fans (obviously more Sox fans), but even with the expected talking smack, all of the fans were well-behaved, respectful and in-awe.
No constant F-bombs. No Wm. Ligue Jrs. No fights (those were on the Red Line afterwords).
Was proud of the Sox and the fans.

mccoydp
06-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Great story!

miker
06-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Was at last night's game and the family sitting behind us (mom, dad & two kids probably 5 & 7) who live near the ballpark is seeing their first game at USCF (AND it's their first pro-game) ever. Not only we're they in awe, well-bahaved and respectful, but up in our section (542), there were lots of Tiger fans (obviously more Sox fans), but even with the expected talking smack, all of the fans were well-behaved, respectful and in-awe.
No constant F-bombs. No Wm. Ligue Jrs. No fights (those were on the Red Line afterwords).
Was proud of the Sox and the fans.
You're full of it! The Chicago papers say only bad things happen at The Cell...

I want Mags back
06-08-2006, 04:15 PM
thats awesome. great story