PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Bonds lovefest replaced by Clemens

SOXPHILE
06-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I guess it's official now. Roger Clemens has replaced Barry Bonds in the Holy Trinity of Red Sox-Yankees-Bonds at ESPN. Last night I saw what had to be the most asinine thing I have witnessed on ESPN since...well....since they decided to do a show about Barry Bonds. They covered Roger's start, pitch for pitch, in his first minor league game, as if it were game 7 of the World Series. The brain dead jock sniffers from Baseball Tonight were doing the play by play....from the studio. I'm not sure what was worse, or more stupid: Them doing a broadcast of the game, or earlier, when we were treated to Jeff Brantley, reporting from Louisville before the game, all decked out in his baseball pants and warm-up shirt, demonstrating how St. Roger pitches. Just when I think those bozos can't get any more ridiculous and absurd, they find new ways to surprise me.

skottyj242
06-07-2006, 09:23 AM
What really grinds my gears is Jason Schmidt pitches a complete game, wins 2-1 and strikes out 16 and that is like the seventh story on Sportscenter.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Why oh why did CNN ever give up on their Sports Tonight show with Fred Hickman and Nick Charles?

This sort of absurd TV programming wouldn't be happening if ESPN's competition was more than the "light a fart" crowd at Fox Sports.
:(:

oeo
06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Ooh, I can't wait for Clemens on Clemens.

Jaffar
06-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Ooh, I can't wait for Clemens on Clemens.

That probably shouldn't be teal. It'll focus around Kobie (spelling?) and Roger.

Jerko
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Even worse, they might come out with a documentary: "Favre and Clemens - Decision Making 101 - How NOT to be an attention whore."

2 hours of poignant events, discussions, and tender moments that led both warriors back to the battlefield for another year in the limelight, living the only life they know. :rolleyes:

gbergman
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
One of my friends Mitch Eirnstein plays for the Lexington Legends, got to ask him how that went

HotelWhiteSox
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Not to mention, after ESPN and Bonds had their issue and cancelled the TV show, Pedro Gomez shows up covering Clemens last night. That was ridiculous though, a start against a Class A team and they're analyzing every inning on the highlights. What are they going to do when he actually starts a major league game? We've seen him pitch before you know, like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...

HotelWhiteSox
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
One of my friends Mitch Eirnstein plays for the Lexington Legends, got to ask him how that went

I'm sure he'll be all smiles, I heard Clemens spent millions buying things for the clubhouse, like big screen TVs and such

Baby Fisk
06-07-2006, 01:38 PM
What an outrage. You'd think ESPN would be more respectful to its viewership base in New York and Boston, instead of rubbing it in their faces like that.

cbotnyse
06-07-2006, 02:45 PM
I thought it was pretty cool that an 18 yr old kid went yard on Clemens.....that kid now has a pick up line for the rest of his life. :cool:

RKMeibalane
06-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I thought it was pretty cool that an 18 yr old kid went yard on Clemens.....that kid now has a pick up line for the rest of his life. :cool:

"Hey, baby. I hit a rocket off the Rocket."

rookie
06-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Even worse, they might come out with a documentary: "Favre and Clemens - Decision Making 101 - How NOT to be an attention whore."

2 hours of poignant events, discussions, and tender moments that led both warriors back to the battlefield for another year in the limelight, living the only life they know. :rolleyes:

:rolling:

ClaudelSleptHere
06-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Why oh why did CNN ever give up on their Sports Tonight show with Fred Hickman and Nick Charles?

This sort of absurd TV programming wouldn't be happening if ESPN's competition was more than the "light a fart" crowd at Fox Sports.
:(:

PHG: I could not agree with you more. Sports coverage without the comedy routines or inane commentary. What a concept!

PeteWard
06-08-2006, 12:29 AM
What are they going to do when he actually starts a major league game? We've seen him pitch before you know, like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...
Jermaine saw him pitch last year, didn't he? Can you imagine how much worse all of this crap would be if signed with Boston?

FireMariotti
06-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Does this make Pedro Gomez ESPN's bitch for all things Roger Clemens now??

CLR01
06-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Does this make Pedro Gomez ESPN's bitch for all things Roger Clemens now??

Doubtful as that would require Gomez to actually remove his head from Barry's ass. That would not be an easy task.

DumpJerry
06-08-2006, 01:37 AM
I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that The Messiah and The Savior did not warrant equal pitch-by-pitch coverage in their A ball starts. Speechless.......

lumpyspun
06-08-2006, 07:52 AM
I could be wrong...but I thought I heard somewhere that Fox Sports Net is coming out with a highlights type show that has no commentators...it's just going to be highlights and music. If that is true, our prayrers might be answered.