PDA

View Full Version : *official* ABSOLUT Cintron post game thread!

credeistheman
06-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Awesome!

That's all that needs to be said.

ABSOLUT CINTRON!

IlliniSox4Life
06-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Why thank you, my mom thinks so too.

soxinthecity
Oh yeah,

Good win but we need to start taking care of business with runners aboard.

BeviBall!
Sure was.

IlliniSox4Life
06-06-2006, 10:50 PM
This is the type of win that can get us out of this funk.

ALEX SIN-TRON

SOXintheBURGH
06-06-2006, 10:50 PM
All bow before the almighty SinTron on Slayer day.

markopat
06-06-2006, 10:51 PM
MAC-DADDY...Sin-Tron on 6/6/6, and Big Bad BOBBY!

GREAT win tonight!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

elrod
Biggest win of the year, period. Keep putting runners on and eventually somebody will knock them in.

Grzegorz
Wow!!! :D:

SOecks
Was it me or did Hawk sound like he was having a heart attack when he called that homer. Awesome work by Cintron.

ShoelessJoeS
Alex....Brandon....Bobby

:)

Frankfan4life
Thank you God! Thank you Alex! What else can I say? All I can do is :D: and this :bandance:.

Blob
Yeah, they should have scored more runs, but the bullpen held the game and the offense pulled it out late!

Hopefully this will spur them on a little bit and put the offense on a tear!

:winner:

oeo
06-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Oh yeah,

Good win but we need to start taking care of business with runners aboard.

Hopefully this gets them fired up. A big win like this can do that (see: September 2005 Crede Walk-Off vs. Indians).

thecip
06-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Best game of the year. Well, most exciting anyway.

cinTRON is a robot. He was in that old basewars nintendo game with a laser sword!

Blob
06-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Was it me or did Hawk sound like he was having a heart attack when he called that homer. Awesome work by Cintron.

I had to replay the call twice. He usually has that call when Joe hits one, but tonight it was Alex!

Tragg
06-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Walks kill.

Great win!

IlliniSox4Life
Well, these are the games we won last year. Although we won them by scoring in the 7th with the bases loaded and Thome/Konerko up, but I'll take it in the 8th.

ilsox7
Time to step on their necks the next two games.

JB98
<Exhale> I asked in the game thread who would step up and get the big hit. The unexpected answer: Alex Cintron. Way to go, Alex. And a nice job by the bullpen, I might add.

credeistheman
06-06-2006, 10:55 PM

HAHAHAHHAHA, they replayed it right when i was reading your post. it sounded like he had a stroke.

great inning (bottom of 8 to top of 9).

MarySwiss
Not even gonna try to write the TBGR tonight. I'm just going to soak up this AWESOME Sox win!!! WOO-HOOO!!!!

zmz723
Macarthy really stepped up today coming out of the 'pen

Gremlin3
Wow, that's all I have to say. I feel much better now.

DickAllen72

cinTRON is a robot. He was in that old basewars nintendo game with a laser sword!

Definitely NOT the best game of the year, but probably the biggest win of the year.

Now let's start executing some situational hitting and we'll be alright.

:gulp:

IlliniSox4Life

I think I might go play that game, I still have it around here somewhere.

And SinTron (or Sin-Tron). Is a robot that does very bad things that feel very good.

Sox35th
06-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Itís now time............
For the Sox to make their move into first place!!

Itís now time.............
For Anderson/Uribe to park it and Mackowiak/Cintron to start

eurotrash35

word

he's back. now we just need 1 more righty out of the pen and we're set. :cool:

WSox8404
Thank God. I knew this was going to be a good day when I pumped gas at the gas station today and when the pump stopped, it stopped at $ 37.77. 777 is good you know.

sox_fan_forever
I took a few innings off from watching the game and switched to gameday instead. Not because I was feeling dark cloud-ish, but I just didn't feel like I could handle watching them lose again. Looks like that's all they needed! Maybe I should consider not watching more often? :bandance:

DickAllen72
06-06-2006, 10:57 PM
McCarthy really stepped up today coming out of the 'pen

Yes he did.

CLR01
Mackowiak/Cintron to start

pass...

SOecks

Yes he did. That was huge for us. He was fooling some guys too which is a great thing. Lets hope he keeps it up.

QCIASOXFAN
06-06-2006, 10:58 PM
I luuvvvvvvvvv when the little guys come up big!!!!!!!!! On another note Mr.Anderson makes me want to :puking: every time his sorryass comes up to bat!!

WSox8404
Yes he did. That was huge for us. He was fooling some guys too which is a great thing. Lets hope he keeps it up.

He is going to be a stud one day as a starter. Damn Jon Garland and his no trade clause......

samram
Itís now time............
For the Sox to make their move into first place!!

Itís now time.............
For Anderson/Uribe to park it and Mackowiak/Cintron to start

Yes.

No.

DickAllen72
06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I was glad to see Ozzie pull Mackowiak back from the on deck circle and let Anderson make his out so he could stay in for the bottom of the ninth. I thought he might let Mack pinch hit for Podsednik, but it didn't really matter at that point.

thomas35forever
06-06-2006, 11:00 PM
That's what's so great about clutch hitting. It can turn the unlikeliest of players into heroes. First Ozuna, then Mackowiak, now Cintron. We finally drew closer!!!!!!!!!!!:D:

ShoelessJoeS
Listening to Ozzie's postgame comments, people around here would call him a dark cloud. He is right though, Cintron did save this team from a huge lack of production today as we did miss plenty of opportunities. Can you believe what this thread would be like if Alex didn't hit that bomb? :o:

infohawk
What might have gotten lost in all the early frustration and later excitement is that Freddy had a quality start (by official standards) and Brandon pitched two solid innings of relief. When Brandon walked the first batter on four pitches it looked like this game was scripted for the same pattern to which we have become accustomed. Not so. Way to pitch Brandon!!! (It also helped that Politte didn't come near the mound tonight:redneck)

PaleHoseGeorge
Didn't Ozzie have Mackowiak in the on-deck circle during Cintron's at-bat? After the 3-run dinger Anderson batted for himself, but given his previous at-bat (striking out after getting a 3-0 count) I wasn't surprised Ozzie was pinch hitting for him.

infohawk
06-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Man, this has to be really, really deflating to the Tigers. Not only did they blow the game with their vaunted relief pitching, but the homer didn't come off the bat of one of our main power sources and they still haven't beaten the Sox this year.

eurotrash35
Listening to Ozzie's postgame comments, people around here would call him a dark cloud. He is right though, Cintron did save this team from a huge lack of production today as we did miss plenty of opportunities. Can you believe what this thread would be like if Alex didn't hit that bomb? :o:

I would have been the first to vent. The 2 Thome Ks really pissed me off. I can take the bad with the good but when you've got a guy on 3rd and 1 out both times and can't put it in play it angers me greatly.

Frankfan4life
A sweep is now a possibility!

ShoelessJoeS
Didn't Ozzie have Mackowiak in the on-deck circle during Cintron's at-bat? After the 3-run dinger Anderson batted for himself, but given his previous at-bat (striking out after getting a 3-0 count) I wasn't surprised Ozzie was pinch hitting for him.I think it's because he wanted superior defense in CF for the 9th.

EDIT: oops, I misread your post. NW!

infohawk
06-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Didn't Ozzie have Mackowiak in the on-deck circle during Cintron's at-bat? After the 3-run dinger Anderson batted for himself, but given his previous at-bat (striking out after getting a 3-0 count) I wasn't surprised Ozzie was pinch hitting for him. Yeah. It would have been a good move. Keeping Brian in for defense was smart too.

ilsox7
06-06-2006, 11:03 PM
I would have been the first to vent. The 2 Thome Ks really pissed me off. I can take the bad with the good but when you've got a guy on 3rd and 1 out both times and can't put it in play it angers me greatly.

Keep in mind that he hasn't seen major league pitching since last week. Not an excuse, but just saying it's not totally surprising that he'd be off on his timing tonight, at least.

infohawk
06-06-2006, 11:04 PM
I luuvvvvvvvvv when the little guys come up big!!!!!!!!! On another note Mr.Anderson makes me want to :puking: every time his sorryass comes up to bat!! I know what you mean, but something just tells me we should stick with him. I can see removing him in situations like what almost happened tonight, but I really believe he will come around.

eurotrash35
06-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Keep in mind that he hasn't seen major league pitching since last week. Not an excuse, but just saying it's not totally surprising that he'd be off on his timing tonight, at least.

I was thinking he was still feeling a little twinge, but that makes more sense. Hopefully he'll be back to normal tomorrow.

eurotrash35
06-06-2006, 11:05 PM
I know what you mean, but something just tells me we should stick with him.

I agree. I even hate seeing him get yanked in the late innings.

elrod
06-06-2006, 11:06 PM
This game didn't really remind me of anything last year. It reminded me of the Jeff Abbott HR game against Minnesota in 2000 that took the team out of a serious funk and into overdrive.

SOXBOY
06-06-2006, 11:06 PM
That's why i love Hawk, the call of the Cintron HR was just the way i felt.Hawk is die-hard fan just like most of us here.

elrod
06-06-2006, 11:07 PM
What's the story with Pudge? Is he going to be out the next couple of games too?

DSpivack

Uribe didn't start today because his wife was having a baby, no? On 06/06/06? And instead Sin-tron starts and wins it, as someone previously said?

DickAllen72
Time to step on their necks the next two games.

Exactly! I like the way you think.

infohawk
06-06-2006, 11:08 PM
I was thinking he was still feeling a little twinge, but that makes more sense. Hopefully he'll be back to normal tomorrow.
The thing about Thome is that he is a streak hitter. When he's hot, he's sizzling. When he's cold, he strikes out a lot. The great thing about him, though, is he still reaches base when he's not hitting via the walk. He struck out twice in big situations tonight, but he reached base three times on a walk, hit-batsman and a single.

ShoelessJoeS
06-06-2006, 11:09 PM
What's the story with Pudge? Is he going to be out the next couple of games too?The in-game update was back spasms and he's day to day.

infohawk
This game didn't really remind me of anything last year. It reminded me of the Jeff Abbott HR game against Minnesota in 2000 that took the team out of a serious funk and into overdrive.
That's exactly what went through my mind too.

soxwon
One HELL of a win on my 50th birthday.
Thank You baseball Gods THank You Alex Cintron.

AnkleSox
06-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Hopefully this gets them fired up. A big win like this can do that (see: September 2005 Crede Walk-Off vs. Indians).

I think this homerun is the biggest regular season homerun the Sox have had since that Crede Walk-Off. Hopefully it sparks a winning streak and the put it on cruise control till the All-Star Break, or the end of October.

IlliniSox4Life
Uribe didn't start today because his wife was having a baby, no? On 06/06/06? And instead Sin-tron starts and wins it, as someone previously said?

Well, let's just hope that little bugger makes it to the majors someday so we can call him El Diablo. It will probably be the most obscure nickname reference ever.

woodsdavid

Even Farmer showed signs of life during that call.
:bandance: :bandance:

ilsox7
The in-game update was back spasms and he's day to day.

Then again, aren't we all? :cool:

SoxandtheCityTee
Ozzie on the post game was asked about Uribe's wife -- joked he didn't know whether she'd had the baby yet but he hoped so, because it will make Uribe play better now that he has another mouth to feed and send to school.

I've never seen Absolut talk before, he said all the right things, he's just there to help out when he can, the team needs Uribe, etc. Not a bad night for a guy who was not in the line-up when he arrived at the park today.

Happy birthday soxwon!

Chisox1500
So much for smart ball. Nice win tonight. Hope we play better tomorrow.

voodoochile
I'm walking on sunshine... Oh yeah...

And don't it feel good! :)

:winner

**** the Kittens!!!

ShoelessJoeS
06-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Then again, aren't we all? :cool::roflmao:

WSox8404
What's the story with Pudge? Is he going to be out the next couple of games too?

Injuries tend to happen when roid use is stopped........so does homerun production.........

MarySwiss
Didn't Ozzie have Mackowiak in the on-deck circle during Cintron's at-bat? After the 3-run dinger Anderson batted for himself, but given his previous at-bat (striking out after getting a 3-0 count) I wasn't surprised Ozzie was pinch hitting for him.
Yup, I saw that too. I guess Ozzie decided not to make the move after Alex's li'l 3-run dinger. As it turned out, letting BA bat for himself was a good call, i.e., it didn't hurt anything and would have allowed BA to come out on defense had the need arisen, but I wonder what we would be thinking/saying if the game had turned out differently?
Anyway, who cares? It didn't!

PAPChiSox729
06-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Bring on this Verlander punk. Jose is going to throw a gem.

ilsox7
So much for smart ball. Nice win tonight. Hope we play better tomorrow.

When you win, it's smart.

woodsdavid
I think this homerun is the biggest regular season homerun the Sox have had since that Crede Walk-Off.

Definitely. Electric!

SoxFan78
Hell of a win! This is what exactly they needed to get them back on track. Lets see a 14-4 schallacking tomorrow to take the series!

GO GO GO GO WHITE SOX!!

WSox8404
06-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Bring on this Verlander punk. Jose is going to throw a gem.

Speaking of Verlander, how is that cut on his finger? He had a cut on his finger the last game he threw and they eventually had to take him out because of it.

QCIASOXFAN
I know what you mean, but something just tells me we should stick with him. I can see removing him in situations like what almost happened tonight, but I really believe he will come around. Help me keep my faith!! I have been a big fan of B.A. all year but this is getting more and more ridiculous every time he steps up to the dish. How is he even hitting .160, I don't even remember the last time he got a hit.

infohawk
Listening to Ozzie's postgame comments, people around here would call him a dark cloud. He is right though, Cintron did save this team from a huge lack of production today as we did miss plenty of opportunities. Can you believe what this thread would be like if Alex didn't hit that bomb? :o: Yeah, but the other way to look at it is that the law of averages almost dictated that someone would get a clutch hit in a big situation. I mean, the Sox left a ton of runners out there tonight. I would agree, though, that they need to do a better job in certain situations. They left 2-3 runners on third in situations where a sac fly or grounder to the right side would have plated the runner.

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Just when ya thought hope was lost, one of the least expected steps up to the plate! Way to go, Alex!

This is the type of win that should propel this team to another 8-game winning streak! May it be so!

All right, it's time to break out the banana... :bandance:

SouthSide_HitMen
06-06-2006, 11:14 PM
This has to be the best pure game this season (Opening Night may have been the best all around experience). The White Sox offense kept plugging away even though they continued to get frustrated stranding runner after runner. Garcia held the game for the team with some clutch pitching and McCarthy shows why he is another great bullpen pitcher and why I expect the bullpen to turn it around (Cotts, Jenks, McCarthy and Thornton are a good group to count on - even though they went through a rough patch).

Glad Uribe's wife had the baby today. :D: Good job Ozzie letting Anderson bat after the HR - he is thinking the same thing we are (though I agree with PHG pinch hitting in the 8th / 9th with the team down is the right move).

Time to cue up Bobby "Hebb" Jenks' Sunny:

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My Sunny one shines so sincere.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

infohawk
06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
This is the type of win that should propel this team to another 8-game winning streak!
Why do you think they should stop at eight? Dark Cloud!!!:redneck

ilsox7
06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Help me keep my faith!! I have been a big fan of B.A. all year but this is getting more and more ridiculous every time he steps up to the dish. How is he even hitting .160, I don't even remember the last time he got a hit.

He had a hit over the weekend. The thing is, he goes up there and sees plenty of pitches. He works pitchers. But there is almost a 0 when it comes to the end result. I really think the Sox are giving him the month of June before they think of making a move.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-06-2006, 11:17 PM
One HELL of a win on my 50th birthday.
Thank You baseball Gods THank You Alex Cintron.

:happybday Soxwon!!!

The Sox and Buffalo (Game 7) lost on my BD last week. :(:

Cheers :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Another bad sign for Anderson: Hawk wasn't too subtle this evening criticizing the lack of outfield communication. Anderson and Dye collided on a pop fly in right-centerfield and the chirping inside the TV booth began.

:hawk
"Third time this season..."

:DJ
"That should not be happening..."

Hawk is a sage on these matters. He is well-known as the Oracle of Reinsdorphi. If Hawk is down on Brian Anderson, it's very bad news for Brian Anderson.

HomeFish
06-06-2006, 11:18 PM
One of the reasons I never complained about Jose Valentin much was because he tended to make up for his miscues with 3-run homers. Alex Cintron took a page out of that book today.

You gotta love the games where a crappy player wins it in the late innings. You can't depend on them (see my sig), but they're awesome to see.

soxwon
06-06-2006, 11:19 PM
:happybday Soxwon!!!

The Sox and Buffalo (Game 7) lost on my BD last week. :(:

Cheers :gulp:

thank you SS

digdagdug23
06-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Well that certainly feels better............I am not a dark-clouder, but it sure is fun to jump up and down in the kitchen again.

Remind me to send a thank-you note to Uribe's wife for giving birth on this day.

zmz723
06-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Even Farmer showed signs of life during that call.
:bandance: :bandance:

lol, I love it when he says "Sox win, Sox win" with little to no emotion :smile:

HotelWhiteSox
06-06-2006, 11:21 PM
The comeback kids, that's 4-0, a stat I find more important than stats in June.

I would've liked this game even if he would have lost. I don't have worries about the offense with the guys we've got 1-7, but the pitching as a whole would be a worry for me and I think they showed up tonight (good to see McCarthy put up some 0's)

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Why do you think they should stop at eight? Dark Cloud!!!:redneck

Not I! :D:

WhiteSox1983
06-06-2006, 11:22 PM
I hate having to depend on Alex Cintron for our offense!

And my mom told me today that she is going back to Chicago for her colleges reunion at IIT. AND ONE OF THE GIRLS FROM THE REUNION GOT THEM A BOX SUITE FOR THE GAME ON SUNDAY VS. CLEVELAND, AND I CANT GO!!!!!:angry:

Lip Man 1
06-06-2006, 11:22 PM
After that 7th inning I honestly thought it wasn't going to happen (again) tonight. Cintron pulled it out. (That's the 3rd time this season the Sox won a game when trailing after 7 innings and in each case it was a 'bench' player that worked the magic.)

I hope the Sox can feed off this emotional win and shake off the blahs from the past three weeks.

Go get em' tomorrow.

Lip

infohawk
06-06-2006, 11:24 PM
So much for smart ball. Nice win tonight. Hope we play better tomorrow. It kind of got lost amidst the good situational ball played last year that the Sox offense benefited significantly from homeruns, particularly the 3-run variety. Even though we are not getting runners over and in with bunts, stolen bases and sac flies, the Sox offense is much better than last year. What has bitten the Sox from time to time is that the pitching hasn't been as good, especially out of the bullpen.

cbotnyse
06-06-2006, 11:28 PM
I cant believe I missed this one.....I'll take the win, nice work Alex :gulp:

Trav
06-06-2006, 11:29 PM
What's the story with Pudge?

I think he is doing some front office work with the BoSox. Not sure. You can see his statue at the Cell, however.

Nice to win that one. SC just showed the highlites. It was nice. Then they showed the Tigers' record against the "best" and these are the teams they showed:
ChiSox, BoSox and NYY

How Nice!

Lip Man 1
George:

Not being able to get complete games out here (except on WGN or ESPN) until the blackout time period of 2:45 expires, what has Hawk's attitude been towards BA? Has he made any other comments one way or another towards him?

Usually he is a barometer of what is being discussed among the higher-up's. If he's starting to 'turn' then it's a good bet the kids days are numbered.

Lip

infohawk
Remind me to send a thank-you note to Uribe's wife for giving birth on this day.
For all you know, Uribe could have gone 4-4 with three homers and 6 runs driven in.

kevingrt
06-06-2006, 11:31 PM
I think Hawk, hell me and every other Sox fan needed CPR after Cintron's bomb! WHAT A GAME!

soxwon
06-06-2006, 11:32 PM
THIS FROM THE TIGERS BOARD:

This Proves the Sox are The Devil
http://acx.prospero.com/dir-app/icon.aspx?realmId=0&iconTypeId=4&iconName=emailSubscribe (http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/subscribe.asp?webtag=ml-tigers&msg=21208.1&ctx=0) From: dmitrizzle (http://www.forums.mlb.com/dir-app/bbcard/profile.asp?webtag=ml-tigers&uid=865231724) 11:14 pm To: ALL (1 of 1) 21208.1 (http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-tigers/messages?msg=21208.1) This loss happening on todays date proves they are the anti-christ.

digdagdug23
06-06-2006, 11:33 PM
George:

Not being able to get complete games out here (except on WGN or ESPN) until the blackout time period of 2:45 expires, what has Hawk's attitude been towards BA? Has he made any other comments one way or another towards him?

Usually he is a barometer of what is being discussed among the higher-up's. If he's starting to 'turn' then it's a good bet the kids days are numbered.

Lip

Well, let's put it this way......he was not making excuses for BA's at-bats, and especially his leadership in CF, (the ball he and JD collided on is a perfect example) so what does that spell for BA? Jinkies, Velma!

Wow, totally forgot about today's date, eerrrriiieeeeeee, maybe we are the anti-christ? We play ACDC in the pre-game, we win on 6-6-06, we won the WS without an official blood sacrifice.......hmmmm, it all fits now. Ah well, if this is the path to hell, watch me skip merrily down the path. Wheeee!!!

ilsox7
06-06-2006, 11:36 PM
George:

Lip

I took Hawk's comments about the JD/BA thing to be more frustration that something is not going right out there. I didn't hear him put blame on either one. To me, it was more of, "C'mon guys, get this **** figured out already!"

As for Hawk's overall attitude, it seems to me like he is like most of us. He recognizes that BA is a great CF, but can't hit a lick right now. You also hear a lot of, "Well, he's 0-2, 1-2 again, that happens when you're in a funk like this."

Bobbo35
06-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Just got back from the game and all I have to say is AWESOME!!! I sweating in my seat up to the bottom of the 8th. Way to come through Alex. That is the third time this year a bench player has come through in the clutch. Best bench in the league! Bmac and Bad Bobby Jenks were lights out. Hopefully this will rally the team together and go on a hot streak.

GO SOX!!!1

Bobbo35
06-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Oh ya, Cintron deserves some dancing bananas....:supernana::supernana::supernana:

EdHerman12
06-06-2006, 11:39 PM

What a game! It's a team thing and now hopefully we'll get it going and take charge! :gulp: <-----To AC & the boys on a great finish!

GO SOX!

digdagdug23
06-06-2006, 11:41 PM
To AC & the boys on a greta finish!
GO SOX!

I'm confused, who's Greta and what did she have to do with this win?

EdHerman12
06-06-2006, 11:42 PM
sorry....had to edit my poor spelling....:bandance:

GO SOX!

rocky biddle
06-06-2006, 11:42 PM
My how a frustrating game turned out great. The Sox easily could've blown this one open. They left nine men on base. Freddy looked alright despite a few mistakes. Brandon looked great and Bobby did what he does best. Cintron sent the fans home happy. Let's get another one tomorrow night.

I bought tickets for Thrusday hoping it would be the night the Sox took back first place for good. I really hope it happens.

digdagdug23
06-06-2006, 11:46 PM
S'okay, Ed, it just me me giggle a lil bit.

Lip- I did have a thought though, at the beginning of the game, when Hawk, DJ, and the crew do their PTC, IIRC Hawk picked BA. Just thought that might be an interesting barometer, as well.

Jjav829
06-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Clutch, man. Clutch. :cool: Big hit by Cintron. Made a bad game good with one swing.

Oldfellah
06-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Must be the sound of summer as I just heard the A/C kick on!!!!!

Go Sox!!!!!!!!!

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I think Hawk, hell me and every other Sox fan needed CPR after Cintron's bomb! WHAT A GAME!

Hawk sounded orgasmic there!!!! Too funny!!!

ilsox7
06-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Must be the sound of summer as I just heard the A/C kick on!!!!!

Go Sox!!!!!!!!!

You ain't kiddin'! My A/C just came on for the first time this summer (I live in a high rise so I cannot control when the switch is flipped for the whole building).

digdagdug23
Hawk sounded orgasmic there!!!! Too funny!!!

I am adding that one to the list of reasons that we are the anti-christ. That's just wrong on so many levels.

Jjav829
word

he's back. now we just need 1 more righty out of the pen and we're set. :cool:

He's back? It's one good outing after two bad ones. Can we not judge players based on single games?

ilsox7
06-06-2006, 11:53 PM
He's back? It's one good outing after two bad ones. Can we not judge players based on single games?

You mean Cintron is not a HOF now? :talktothehand:

beckett21
Thank you Alex Cintron. :D:

Big win considering every game here is a two-game swing. That has to be a tough loss to swallow for Detroit.

Sox also win the battle of the bullpens tonight, over the vaunted Tigers bullpen. Ha! :cool:

QCIASOXFAN
Hawk sounded orgasmic there!!!! Too funny!!! I think D.J. had to wheel some Oxygen into the booth after that call!

unclegary
06-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Had to attend my daughters band concert tonight. When I left the Sox were loosing and when I returned the computer said they were loosing 3-1. Hit the refresh button and discovered it was a 4-3 winner. Then I find out that that piece of poop Cintron won it for them! Man I love the guy. Let's reel off about 14 in a row now.

Chips
06-06-2006, 11:56 PM

Hell yeah.

whitesoxfan1986
06-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Until that 8th inning homer by Cintron I was getting very angry and was going to be a big time Dark Cloud on here. I hope this game gets the Sox' collective heads out of their asses and starts a 9 game winning streak. I am going on a vacation to Europe for 3 weeks on Friday and at the very least I want the comfort of knowing the Sox are in first place when I leave. I'll have no access to the internet for this trip, so 15 games will be played while I'm gone. If the Sox lost today I was going to go on my vacation expecting the Sox to be in 3rd place when I got back. Now I have at least a little optimism.....until tomorrow.:tongue:

sox aka champs
06-07-2006, 12:04 AM
GREAT win boys!!!

johnnyg83
06-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Anybody have Inge's numbers against us? I feel like he hits .400 against us and .180 against the rest of the league.

peeonwrigley
06-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Had to attend my daughters band concert tonight. When I left the Sox were loosing and when I returned the computer said they were loosing 3-1. Hit the refresh button and discovered it was a 4-3 winner. Then I find out that that piece of poop Cintron won it for them! Man I love the guy. Let's reel off about 14 in a row now.

I did not expect to see Cintron called a piece of poop on this thread.

What a game tonight. I almost regret being there because I missed Hawk's call.

Despite Cintron's HR bailing the team out, lots of crappy situational hitting tonight.

Freddy was OK, bullpen stellar.

Good crowd, a little too Tiger-y for my liking.

Chisox003
06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
WOOP!

Jjav829
06-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Anybody have Inge's numbers against us? I feel like he hits .400 against us and .180 against the rest of the league.

Inge actually entered today hitting only .215 against the Sox in his career.

DachnoPiitu
06-07-2006, 12:10 AM
I hope this doesn't get me banned...

YES!!!!!!

(Cintron you were the bomb in Phantoms YO)

itsnotrequired
06-07-2006, 12:11 AM
An exciting finish to an otherwise lackluster game. Whatevs, the Tiger lead is shrinks.

I also saw Chips sitting in his actual seat. The planets align...

Sig update time.

Chips
06-07-2006, 12:17 AM
I also saw Chips sitting in his actual seat. The planets align...

Sig update time.

That doesn't happen often. And we moved to left field after the 7th to sit with chisoxmike.

Brian26
Got back from the game about 40 minutes ago.

That was awesome. I was just hoping Cintron could draw a walk to get Makowiak up there with the bases loaded. I knew it was gone as soon as he hit it.

DC Sox Fan
:hawk

I loooooooooove INHD.

What an awesome surprise getting to see this game when I wasn't expecting to, with the Hawkeroo and the feisty one on my local cable system thanks to the HD channel. Cox Cable, they get all my money!

INHDEEEEE YES!

johnnyg83
Inge actually entered today hitting only .215 against the Sox in his career.

Blows my mind. I feel like he hits an HR every series we play and 4 to 6 hits. I also thought Ron LeFlour was going to make s all forget about Chet Lemon so obviously my reasoning needs some work.

Can you get the splits online somewhere?

Jjav829
06-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Blows my mind. I feel like he hits an HR every series we play and 4 to 6 hits. I also thought Ron LeFlour was going to make s all forget about Chet Lemon so obviously my reasoning needs some work.

Can you get the splits online somewhere?

Yes, I use Yahoo because it loads faster than ESPN.com, but you can use ESPN, SI.com, etc. and just find the player listed on the team roster.

Inge (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6681/splits;_ylt=Al1udCC8mMD1z7pU000zN_6FCLcF?year=care er&type=Batting)

Brian26
06-07-2006, 12:22 AM
I was glad to see Ozzie pull Mackowiak back from the on deck circle and let Anderson make his out so he could stay in for the bottom of the ninth. I thought he might let Mack pinch hit for Podsednik, but it didn't really matter at that point.

Good call. I was happy he let BA go up there too, and I was rooting for BA to grab a hit in that situation with absolutely no pressure on him. Didn't happen.

itsnotrequired
06-07-2006, 12:22 AM
That doesn't happen often. And we moved to left field after the 7th to sit with chisoxmike.

I saw chisoxmike in the street before the game with a shirt wrapped around a beer. This masterful deception can be detected by only the cleverest of law enforcement officers.

:redneck

gobears1987
06-07-2006, 12:28 AM
NIce to have a non-dark cloud postgame thread.

Brian26
06-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Kudos to Jim Leyland for sitting on the bench and not even coming out to make a token argument in the first when Granderson was literally standing on home plate when Mags' ground rule double bounced over the fence. I thought the umps would had given Granderson home if anyone would have argued it. That's the kind of top-notch managing that's going to win the Tigers 3rd place in this division. :thumbsup:

TornLabrum
06-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Kudos to Jim Leyland for sitting on the bench and not even coming out to make a token argument in the first when Granderson was literally standing on home plate when Mags' ground rule double bounced over the fence. I thought the umps would had given Granderson home if anyone would have argued it. That's the kind of top-notch managing that's going to win the Tigers 3rd place in this division. :thumbsup:

Jim was probably in the middle of having a smoke and couldn't be disturbed.

ilsox7

Uh, there is no argument. Per the rulebook, on a ground rule double, a runner can only advance 2 bases. Only when it's fan interference does an umpire's judgment come into play. Leyland would have looked like a complete dumbass if he had come out to argue the non-call.

TheDarkGundam
Just got back from the game.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present Alex Cintron's brand new nickname, courtesy of me, TheDarkGundam...

Alex Cintron is...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/07/Megatron1.jpg/180px-Megatron1.jpg
megaTron!

Chips
06-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Just got back from the game.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present Alex Cintron's brand new nickname, courtesy of me, TheDarkGundam...

Alex Cintron is...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/07/Megatron1.jpg/180px-Megatron1.jpg
megaTron!

meh.

Brian26
06-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Hawk is a sage on these matters. He is well-known as the Oracle of Reinsdorphi. If Hawk is down on Brian Anderson, it's very bad news for Brian Anderson.

Don't worry. Some guys on the green line platform after the game mentioned we would soon be obtaining Torii Hunter from the Twins in exchange for Brandon McCarthy. :rolleyes:

Brian26
06-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Uh, there is no argument. Per the rulebook, on a ground rule double, a runner can only advance 2 bases. Only when it's fan interference does an umpire's judgment come into play. Leyland would have looked like a complete dumbass if he had come out to argue the non-call.

Ah, my bad. You're correct. If a fan had reached for it down the line, then that's when the umps can make the judgment call. You're 100% correct...
We caught a break on that one.

mikeybooyah
06-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Just got back as well. Man Soo Lee threw me a ball afterwards. I love that guy. Big game for McCarthy...huge for his confidence. I am real pumped about this one. Hopefully I can bring them more luck tomorrow!!

TheDarkGundam
06-07-2006, 12:42 AM
meh.
Yeah, I came up with it, and I wouldn't give it much more than "meh" either.
:tongue:

nedlug
06-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Alright, just got back from the game.

Great play by Cintron, but again, all our runs off of homers. Thome was disappointing, not getting a run in from 3rd with less than 2 outs twice.

Still, a great, great win - hopefully, this will spark our O to stop trying to jack it and trying to get some runs other ways!

SouthSide_HitMen
06-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Wow, totally forgot about today's date, eerrrriiieeeeeee, maybe we are the anti-christ? We play ACDC in the pre-game, we win on 6-6-06, we won the WS without an official blood sacrifice.......hmmmm, it all fits now. Ah well, if this is the path to hell, watch me skip merrily down the path. Wheeee!!!

Press Release:

6/6/06
6:33:33 PM

White Sox announce new game introduction:

http://www.metal-rules.com/polls/top100/maiden-number.jpg

666 The Number of the Beast
Hell and fire were born to be released!!!

fuzzy_patters
06-07-2006, 01:00 AM
What a win! I was actually hoping Cintron would keep fouling pitches off until he walked. I thought Mackowiak would get a hit and tie the game up. I am definitely happier with the way it turned out.

Wasn't Bobby awesome tonight? He was absolutely dominating. Now that he has mastered the cutter, he has to be one of the top 2 or 3 closers in baseball. He is flat out unhittable.

Vernam
06-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Time to step on their necks the next two games.:gulp: Bad as we've played, Detroit must be feeling a whole lot more pressure than our guys are. They've lost four straight to us, and they've blown several late leads in the past week. Oh yeah, and they've got the world champs breathing down their necks. Don't let me up, I say. Hopefully we'll see the Jose of old tomorrow.

Hawk and DJ didn't mention it, but Cintron's foul liner in the 9th hit a little girl right behind the Sox dugout. People were pretty preoccupied with it until the HR, but she seemed relatively okay as her mom carried her to the First Aid station. When Cintron got to the dugout after his homer, you could see him asking teammates if the girl was okay. Gotta like the character of our guys, top to bottom, win or lose.

Vernam

fuzzy_patters
06-07-2006, 01:05 AM
:gulp: Bad as we've played, Detroit must be feeling a whole lot more pressure than our guys are. They've lost four straight to us, and they've blown several late leads in the past week. Oh yeah, and they've got the world champs breathing down their necks. Don't let me up, I say. Hopefully we'll see the Jose of old tomorrow.

Hawk and DJ didn't mention it, but Cintron's foul liner in the 9th hit a little girl right behind the Sox dugout. People were pretty preoccupied with it until the HR, but she seemed relatively okay as her mom carried her to the First Aid station. When Cintron got to the dugout after his homer, you could see him asking teammates if the girl was okay. Gotta like the character of our guys, top to bottom, win or lose.

Vernam

I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Tiger's fan or player right now. No wait! I guess I can. It probably feels about the same as we felt about the Twins from 2001-2004. You can outplay them against the rest of the league, but they kick your ass when you have to play them head-to-head. I don't feel sorry for the Tigers one bit. I bet their sphincters are really tight right now.

As for Cintron's at bat, it came in the eighth. We were at home and did not bat in the ninth, as it should be.

Vernam
06-07-2006, 01:12 AM
As for Cintron's at bat, it came in the eighth. We were at home and did not bat in the ninth, as it should be.That's what I meant! :redface:

Congrats on your 1,000th post! :bandance:

Vernam

Trav
06-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Alright, just got back from the game.

Great play by Cintron, but again, all our runs off of homers. Thome was disappointing, not getting a run in from 3rd with less than 2 outs twice.

Still, a great, great win - hopefully, this will spark our O to stop trying to jack it and trying to get some runs other ways!

That's Thome's game. When we got him everyone knew what they were getting if he stayed healthy. 30+ Hrs and 100+ Ks.

There is no excuse for the rest of them tho... I think they will come around. Getting all those baserunners was nice to see.

Deebs14
06-07-2006, 01:32 AM
I didn't get to watch the game because I was at work, but I had my dad calling/texting me with updates. When I heard that Cintron went yard I wanted to start :gulp: at work, but I would've probably been ****canned on the spot. :cool:

peeonwrigley
06-07-2006, 01:43 AM

Vernam

I think she was OK.

Buerhle threw a ball up to someone in her group to give to her, as well.

StillMissOzzie
06-07-2006, 01:51 AM
This was an emotional roller coaster of a game. I was cussing up a storm after both Thome and Konerko didn't come through with the bases juiced, especially Thome not even putting the ball in play.

All was well after the A/C went deep, though. We needed that one!

SMO

SABRSox
06-07-2006, 01:53 AM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4364&d=1147671384

SWEET!!!! That's what I like to see...

TDog
06-07-2006, 05:10 AM
Man, this has to be really, really deflating to the Tigers. Not only did they blow the game with their vaunted relief pitching, but the homer didn't come off the bat of one of our main power sources and they still haven't beaten the Sox this year.

During the weekend series with the Red Sox, the Tigers lost a game with a 9th inning home run. Their closer had 2 out and none on before giving up 2 runs. Imagine how bad the Tigers would be playing if they had a bullpen that wasn't vaunted.

Grzegorz
06-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Bad as we've played, Detroit must be feeling a whole lot more pressure than our guys are. They've lost four straight to us, and they've blown several late leads in the past week. Oh yeah, and they've got the world champs breathing down their necks. Don't let me up, I say. Hopefully we'll see the Jose of old tomorrow.
I don't think there's any pressure on the Tigers; I know there wouldn't be on me if I was a Tiger player.

No one expected them to be where they're at. I'd just be having fun and keeping in my mind that there is a long way to go in the season.

I am sure the pressure, if our players fall into that trap, would appear to be on our team not the Tigers.

The Immigrant
06-07-2006, 07:21 AM
I don't think there's any pressure on the Tigers; I know there wouldn't be on me if I was a Tiger player.

Yup, no pressure whatsoever.

My guess is that a six game losing streak against the Sox puts at least some pressure on the Kittens to actually win one, particularly given their recent performance against BOS and NYY and shrinking lead. No mercy.

wassagstdu
06-07-2006, 07:25 AM
HUGE win. Man, the world sure looks brighter than it did after that 7th inning.

BA seems to be seeing more pitches, and even though the end result hasn't come around, Walker is probably pleased. I say stick with him.

Scoring all of your runs on HR doesn't remind me of 2005. How about winning game 2 on a walk-off suicide squeeze?

stl_sox_fan
06-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Does Hawk have an O2 cannister in the booth with him? There have been several "put it on the board's" this year where I think he's going to pull a Fred Sanford.
BTW, beautiful replay of Cintron's homer on whitesox.com!

jenn2080
06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
I told my brother last night. One day Hawk is gonna have a heart attack calling Homeruns. I didnt watch half the game last night because it was really getting on my last nerve. I flipped back and forth a few times and did miss Cintrons HR. No thanks to tivo though I just rewinded and watched. My phone was blowing up when he hit that HR.

MsSoxVixen22
06-07-2006, 09:12 AM

Word. I was at the game last nite and I can barely talk today from screaming so much last nite! I was screaming so loud and so much a woman in front of me was looking at me like I was nuts! What a win! I think this is JUST what the Sox needed! Hopefully that will light a fire under their ass. Go get 'em tonite Jose! :bandance:

batmanZoSo
06-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Biggest win of the year. Biggest hit of the year, period. What makes it even more special is the hope that something like this always has the potential to be a springboard to a great run. Let's hope it is.

CHEESESOXER
06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Amazinnnnnngggggggg!!

I fell asleep on the couch, got up & went to bed disgusted with the last score I knew of and woke up to GREAT NEWS!!

What a way to start a day of 27 holes of golf, knowing we're on our way UP UP & AWAYYYYYYYYYYY!!

SINTRON PUTS IT ON THE BOARD, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viagracat
06-07-2006, 09:48 AM
The kind of win that can start a run. No better time to do it than now.

Cintron's HR came while I was sitting in a restaurant in Hoffman Estates with my wife (last night was my 25th wedding anniversary, so give me a pass). Near the end of our dinner I hear a lot of shouting and someone yelling "You can put it on the board!" from the bar. So I excused myself and found out about the homer, then stuck around the bar to see Jenks mow down Detroit in the 9th. My wife understood.

You wouldn't have heard this kind of passion about the White Sox in Hoffman Estates a couple years ago. :smile:

GREAT WIN!!

robiwho
06-07-2006, 09:50 AM

We saw her get nailed and it looked pretty bad -- the ball ended up several rows behind her. Hope she's ok. I was pretty impressed by how fast security got to her and took her to the first aid station.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-07-2006, 10:41 AM
I took Hawk's comments about the JD/BA thing to be more frustration that something is not going right out there. I didn't hear him put blame on either one. To me, it was more of, "C'mon guys, get this **** figured out already!"

As for Hawk's overall attitude, it seems to me like he is like most of us. He recognizes that BA is a great CF, but can't hit a lick right now. You also hear a lot of, "Well, he's 0-2, 1-2 again, that happens when you're in a funk like this."

What was noteworthy about Hawk's comments was his criticism of the outfield defense. Granted, Hawk didn't single-out Anderson by name, but clearly he was ripping on the lack of communication in the Sox outfield causing repeated defensive problems. This is the CENTERFIELDER'S job to manage.

If Brian Anderson is the superior defensive choice we expect him to be, it's noteworthy that Hawk has started criticizing the strong side of BA's game. We already know the sorry story about his bat...

Is Brian Anderson carrying his hitting troubles into the outfield? Signs point to "yes" when Hawk makes comments like those last night.

jenn2080
06-07-2006, 10:45 AM
What was noteworthy about Hawk's comments was his criticism of the outfield defense. Granted, Hawk didn't single-out Anderson by name, but clearly he was ripping on the lack of communication in the Sox outfield causing repeated defensive problems. This is the CENTERFIELDER'S job to manage.

If Brian Anderson is the superior defensive choice we expect him to be, it's noteworthy that Hawk has started criticizing the strong side of BA's game. We already know the sorry story about his bat...

Is Brian Anderson carrying his hitting troubles into the outfield? Signs point to "yes" when Hawk makes comments like those last night.

I heard that too...briefly while flipping channels.

yesenia
06-07-2006, 10:45 AM
I absolutely agree with the last statement. 2 games ago BA forgot the count which is understandable if you want to give the guy a chance and nearly left the field not once but twice. Then hes crashing into people. No one called it so someone should have said something but yeah...in a major league level communication should have been taught and done with. Obviously Im not a fan of BA but seriously....he can do so much better and so can the sox.

nedlug
06-07-2006, 12:08 PM
SINTRON PUTS IT ON THE BOARD, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an apt name for 6/6/06, huh?

MarySwiss
06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3159)
(http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3159)

CPditka
06-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Have you guys read Jayson Starks article on the game last night on espn? Good stuff. Its all about Cintron starting b/c Uribe's wife had a baby. I wonder if they named the kid Damien?

hawkjt
06-07-2006, 01:53 PM
concerned about those little girls in the first row behind the dugout all nite.

They seemed so vulnerable that close to the action and while they seemed to be into the game pretty good for kids that age with their rally caps and so on - still there was no way they would be ready for a line drive foul ball.

As for the game- wow. Alls well that ends well. Alex said afterward that now he could sleep cuz he was bummed about his failed sac bunt earlier in the game. In his defense that was a decent bunt but robertson really got off the mound to nip Joe at third.

After watching Alex in his postgame press conference I have only one nickname for him- cheeks.

That was so big to win the first. we know the worst that can happen is they are 3.5 up when they leave- not insurmountable.

Jose needs to bounce back and show his old stuff and command. Verlander is starting to hit the point where rookie starters might tire a bit- I see Thome catching up to his straight fastball.

With the lefty thing, I know robertson is a decent chucker but I am to the point where I dread playing against leftys. I hope the cubs dont throw Sean Marshall against the sox next month- he is a rookie but he is a lefty and we have no shot.

Rogers tomorrow so we must get verlander tonite. You know we will struggle against Rogers.

SBSoxFan
06-07-2006, 02:01 PM
With Thome's penchant for striking out, should he be batting 4th or 5th instead of 3rd?

nedlug
06-07-2006, 02:21 PM
With Thome's penchant for striking out, should he be batting 4th or 5th instead of 3rd?

Methinks, yes. I'm going to start a thread on it right now.

VIKINGS630
06-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Great time to hit his First Homerun this season!!! Way to go A-Tron!!!

WestSider
06-07-2006, 04:13 PM
I was there, huge win! The crowd was down after Thome and Konerko each left the bases loaded. After the homer, there was an extra "buzz" in the air I have not felt in games this year.