PDA

View Full Version : June should be interesting


moochpuppy
02-05-2002, 11:49 AM
The Sox start the month off (well, actually May 31st) with a three game set with the hated Tribe.

June 1 at Cleveland
June 2 at Cleveland

The Sox then come home for ten games which should all be winable against the pitching sorry Royals, the soon to be defunk Expos and the new stikeout kings (the wind will blowing out) the NY Mets.

June 3 Kansas City
June 4 Kansas City
June 5 Kansas City
June 6 Kansas City
June 7 Montreal
June 8 Montreal
June 9 Montreal
June 10 NY Mets
June 11 NY Mets
June 12 NY Mets

After an off day, the Sox get to travel away from Comiskey for their longest trip of the season. First stop.....the frat house of America.....Wrigley Field. The rest of the road trip won't be so easy with stops in Philadelphia, Atlanta (a look at what should have been the 1994 World Series) and Minnesota.

June 14 at Cubs
June 15 at Cubs
June 16 at Cubs
June 18 at Philadelphia
June 19 at Philadelphia
June 20 at Philadelphia
June 21 at Atlanta
June 22 at Atlanta
June 23 at Atlanta
June 24 at Minnesota
June 25 at Minnesota
June 26 at Minnesota
June 27 at Minnesota

After the exhausting road trip the Sox come back home to finish of the Flubbies to take the season series 5-1.

June 28 Cubs
June 29 Cubs
June 30 Cubs

Looks to be an entertaining month. From playing our hated rival Cleveland, playing 4 new NL teams, getting all the interleague games over within a 30 day period including 6 games against the Flubbies. This should be a great start to the summer for Sox fans!

Nellsin
02-05-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
. . .
After an off day, the Sox get to travel away from Comiskey for their longest trip of the season. First stop.....the frat house of America.....Wrigley Field.

. . . After the exhausting road trip the Sox come back home to finish of the Flubbies to take the season series 5-1. . . . [/B]

One of the ironies, for me, of the annual series with the Flubs is that unless you have good friends who are Cub season ticket holders it's hard to get tickets to the hated Wrigley, yet it's a blast to go there and watch the Cubs get beat. I was at the game last year where Manos imitiated Sammy's home run shtick. Through a stroke of luck we were in great seats right near the field, and it was one of the great sports moments of my life. And then, amidst the general wailing and gnashing of teeth (and the Sox fans going nuts) one of that rare breed, a knowledgable and reasonable Cubs fan, who was sitting in front of us turned, smiling, and said, "That was funny, and Sammy had it coming."

But many of the Cubs fans who come to Comiskey seem to be the dregs, not very interested in watching the game. Beating them is still fun of course but all that drunken Flubbie blue stumbling around our park muttering/shouting hostile remarks makes me uneasy somehow. I must be getting old.

HootieMcBoob
02-05-2002, 03:18 PM
Atlanta (a look at what should have been the 1994 World Series)

Nope - The '94 WS would have been Sox vs. Expos . . .

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob


Nope - The '94 WS would have been Sox vs. Expos . . .

Think about what the economic situation at the Stade Olympique might be right now had there not been a strike in '94.

Heck, think about what it might be like at Comiskey right now had there not been a strike...

doublem23
02-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Man, if I'm not already in St. Louis by then, I'm spending my entire summer at Comiskey... :smile:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
02-05-2002, 04:22 PM
Sounds like fun. I'll have to plan my vacation around those flubbie games so I can go with some of my flubbie fan buds & talk smack to them when we kick their behinds. The most fun won't be watching the flubbies lose , but to hear the whining and excuses they come up with after the fact.

Chisox_cali
02-05-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob


Nope - The '94 WS would have been Sox vs. Expos . . .

I was just thinking that it probably would have been the Expos and Sox.

Has there ever been a Fantasy Simulation of the Completion of the '94 season Playoffs and all? I really think that would have been the World Series right there if there has been. With the team the 'spos had that year it would have been a great series.

doublem23
02-05-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali


I was just thinking that it probably would have been the Expos and Sox.

Has there ever been a Fantasy Simulation of the Completion of the '94 season Playoffs and all? I really think that would have been the World Series right there if there has been. With the team the 'spos had that year it would have been a great series.

I'm not 10% sure where I heard this, but somewhere along the lines, I remember someone telling me once that someone did a fantasy simulation and the World Series ended up being Blue Jays-Expos, with the 'Spos winning in like 7.

But I'm not 100% sure.

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


I'm not 10% sure where I heard this, but somewhere along the lines, I remember someone telling me once that someone did a fantasy simulation and the World Series ended up being Blue Jays-Expos, with the 'Spos winning in like 7.

But I'm not 100% sure.

I remember Baseball Weekly did something to that effect - when the strike hit in '94, they started simulating the games and running the boxscores as if the season was continuing.

I remember their simulation vividly - Their simulation ended with the Sox beating the Expos in the World Series.

Chisox_cali
02-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


I'm not 10% sure where I heard this, but somewhere along the lines, I remember someone telling me once that someone did a fantasy simulation and the World Series ended up being Blue Jays-Expos, with the 'Spos winning in like 7.

But I'm not 100% sure.

DAMN! Even in a fantasy simulation the Sox get no love :smile:

Chisox_cali
02-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz


I remember Baseball Weekly did something to that effect - when the strike hit in '94, they started simulating the games and running the boxscores as if the season was continuing.

I remember their simulation vividly - Their simulation ended with the Sox beating the Expos in the World Series.

God I would love to find some stuff on that, that would be very interesting to read

czalgosz
02-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali


God I would love to find some stuff on that, that would be very interesting to read

It would be pretty hard unless you know someone who kept the back issues (they didn't keep internet archives back then). I had the issue but have moved about 5 times since then and it's long gone.

Chisox_cali
02-05-2002, 05:01 PM
In searching around for some kind of Simulated 94 Series I found this site that has the two teams with the best records in each leauge have a simulated World Series. Here's the 2000 Edition (http://www.babylonius.com/Baseball/2000/World_Series.htm) with the White Sox losing to the Giants in 7 games

RichH55
02-06-2002, 12:47 AM
I remember that Sports Illustrated did something like that, but it was total crap...stuff like Cal Ripken gets the measles and the streak ends....BS Writing

moochpuppy
02-06-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
In searching around for some kind of Simulated 94 Series I found this site that has the two teams with the best records in each leauge have a simulated World Series. Here's the 2000 Edition (http://www.babylonius.com/Baseball/2000/World_Series.htm) with the White Sox losing to the Giants in 7 games

Did you notice the little typo on this site. It says the Sox were making their first appearence in the series since 1983. DOH!

Also, if you replace the 2000 in the web address with 1994 you will get their simulation of the series that never was. They have the Expos beating the Yankees in 5.