PDA

View Full Version : Sox-Tigers friendly wager

WinOrDyeTrying
06-06-2006, 12:12 PM
For some of you who don't know, I'm stationed in Detroit. My girlfriend, who's from the suburbs of Detroit is, obviously, a Tigers fan (She also claims to "support" the Carmines). Do you guys have any good ideas about a wager to put on todays game?

skottyj242
06-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Gambling is illegal at Bushwood.

WinOrDyeTrying
06-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Gambling is illegal at Bushwood.

Well I'm not talking about a monetary bet. Maybe something like wearing a homemade shirt that says "I'm a Tigers fan :(" at the game Saturday in Chicago.

cbotnyse
06-06-2006, 12:21 PM
bet the series....if the Tigers win, you have to grow a mustache (or shave it if you have one) if the Sox win, she has to cut her hair short (or if it is short, dye it a different color.)

patbooyah
06-06-2006, 12:24 PM
bet the series....if the Tigers win, you have to grow a mustache (or shave it if you have one) if the Sox win, she has to cut her hair short (or if it is short, dye it a different color.)

yes, because there is nothing better than winning a bet and walking around with a goofy looking girlfriend as a result. :D:

WinOrDyeTrying
06-06-2006, 12:27 PM
yes, because there is nothing better than winning a bet and walking around with a goofy looking girlfriend as a result. :D:

Well that wasn't in teal, so I wont take it a sarcasm.

ondafarm
06-06-2006, 12:33 PM
For some of you who don't know, I'm stationed in Detroit. My girlfriend, who's from the suburbs of Detroit is, obviously, a Tigers fan (She also claims to "support" the Carmines). Do you guys have any good ideas about a wager to put on todays game?

My first wife was a Dodgers fan, we would bet on spring training games between the Sox and Dodgers (Sox were in Sarasota) on things like picking the next date, or toppings on pizza or when we'd go and see her parents.

Meixner007
06-06-2006, 12:57 PM
:whistle:

JohnBasedowYoda
06-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Make some bets that have to do with Maggs failing in the clutch. If he get's out with men in scoring position she has to do all the dishes for the week or something.

robiwho
06-06-2006, 01:24 PM
I've had a bet for several seasons with a cubs fan friend -- 1 beer for every game the teams finish apart. I told him I wasn't taking him up on it because he still owes me 18 beers from last season, the cheap bastard.

Maybe she wears Sox gear if you win and you wear Tigers gear if she wins. But then the Sox better take the series -- talk about a fate worse than death! :o:

soxfan13
06-06-2006, 01:45 PM
:whistle:

Exactly!!!!:redface:

pmck003
06-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I suggest the loser has to wear goofy shorts, winter boots and carry around a boom box blasting various ABBA songs in a crowded place for 30 minutes.

minutia
06-06-2006, 02:12 PM
My brother, who has since passed away, was a Sox fan and I am a Sox fan, would find ourselves wathcing a lot of Cubs games when Sammy was with them. We would do dollar bets on his batting or fielding, such that it was. For instance whenenver Sammy would get up to bat I would bet a dollar he would strike out, my brother would bet a dollar he would pop up. If we both lost then the pot won and we would use the pot money towards pizza or a beer or something.

pdimas
06-06-2006, 02:17 PM

I had a Cubs / Sox bet goin with my gf for their last game at the Cell. Obviously I lost :whiner: . So for losing she bought me a Michael Barrett shirt which I had to wear at the Cubs/Cincy game last Wednesday. She knows I can't stand the ****er for what he did to AJ who I think is badass. You should have seen her giggling with glee as she pulled it out of the bag. Although not really happy about it I was kind of amused cause she got me good. Revenge is gonna be sweet....

WSox8404
06-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Make some bets that have to do with Maggs failing in the clutch. If he get's out with men in scoring position she has to do all the dishes for the week or something.

She is a woman. She does the dishes every day all year long.

Teal people teal. I do not believe that is how it should be. I am not a sexist. Just wanted to make sure that is understood before I get yelled at by all the female posters....lol.

Palehose13
06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Exactly!!!!:redface:

I third... :wink:

WizardsofOzzie
06-06-2006, 07:01 PM
I've had a bet for several seasons with a cubs fan friend -- 1 beer for every game the teams finish apart. I told him I wasn't taking him up on it because he still owes me 18 beers from last season, the cheap bastard.

Maybe she wears Sox gear if you win and you wear Tigers gear if she wins. But then the Sox better take the series -- talk about a fate worse than death! :o:

Im still owed 20 bucks from a cubs fan for last years world series. Damn cubs fans.