PDA

View Full Version : Lastings Milledge

CPditka
06-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Hes looking pretty good for the Mets? Do you guys think he is the real deal? If so who do you think he grades out as? I was watching ESPN and they were saying he would have been the number one pick in the 03 draft except for character issues at the time. Very interesting player. I dont see him leaving the show if you keeps hitting the cover off the ball like he is now.

FedEx227
06-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Great, great player talent wise, but as you said attitute has always come into question. In his 2nd game when he hit a homer, he just stood there and didn't run right off the bat, which is not what a manager or GM really wants to see from their rookie OFer. Plus hes has incidents in the past.

Talent-wise though hes got it all and I hope only success for him. It's also time the D-Rays bring up Upton for god's sake >_<

TomParrish79
06-06-2006, 04:13 PM
I love the name...and I liked the enthusiasm he showed after that home run

Trav
06-06-2006, 04:47 PM
He is by far the best player I have seen on the Mets AAA team in three years. I was able to see him play five or six times this year. The guy has a cannon as he showed in his first week up when he nailed some guy going to third, IIRC. He was hitting .500 through the first month of the season and I think it has dropped to about .300 by the time I left Norfolk.
He made a couple of amazing plays, diving on the warning track/foul territory pretty close to the wall on one in particular. Most players would have let that go. It was a foul ball. It wasn't a crucial moment. But he made the catch and was a bit shaken up. The next inning he starts arguing balls and strikes with the ump. He was getting pretty animated and I was having a hard time understanding why the ump didn't run him. He did that one other time before and I was shocked that such a young guy would be getting that vocal with an ump. I hope he gets his head on straight or keeps it there. It would be very good for baseball if he does.

buehrle4cy05
06-06-2006, 05:49 PM
The Mets were right not to trade this guy for Manny Ramirez. He's the real deal.

Trav
06-06-2006, 06:30 PM
The Mets were right not to trade this guy for Manny Ramirez. He's the real deal.

Please. If the deal was straight up or included cash then any prospect would be a steal for Ramirez.

Deebs14
06-07-2006, 12:45 AM
I was fortunate enough to play on the same AAU team as Lastings for a season back when I was in high school and I never saw a kid with so much talent at that age...I knew I was gonna be watching him on TV in the future. He ran into a few problems his senior year which caused him to slip a little bit, but not too much. Hell, I heard that in 2002 he could've been a 10-15 pick as a Junior.

After one of our practices I was talking to him and his parents (very nice people BTW) and I found out that his older brother was actually drafted by the Sox, but didn't last too long because he basically partied his way out. They knew for sure that wouldn't be the case with Blasto.

Certainly the real deal...oh and his Mother also told me that the reason why they named him Lastings is because they knew he was going to be their last child. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :cool:

RealMenWearBlack
06-07-2006, 01:20 AM
You know how they had Crede's Crew and I saw in another thread Grady's Ladies? I think if he gets a group like that they should be called the Milledge People.

gbergman
06-07-2006, 03:06 AM
milledge is damn good

elrod
06-08-2006, 12:39 AM
I was fortunate enough to play on the same AAU team as Lastings for a season back when I was in high school and I never saw a kid with so much talent at that age...I knew I was gonna be watching him on TV in the future. He ran into a few problems his senior year which caused him to slip a little bit, but not too much. Hell, I heard that in 2002 he could've been a 10-15 pick as a Junior.

After one of our practices I was talking to him and his parents (very nice people BTW) and I found out that his older brother was actually drafted by the Sox, but didn't last too long because he basically partied his way out. They knew for sure that wouldn't be the case with Blasto.

Certainly the real deal...oh and his Mother also told me that the reason why they named him Lastings is because they knew he was going to be their last child. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :cool:

Was Tom Emanski your coach?

elrod
06-08-2006, 12:39 AM
You know how they had Crede's Crew and I saw in another thread Grady's Ladies? I think if he gets a group like that they should be called the Milledge People.
Or Milledgeville, the Civil War capital of Georgia.

FedEx227
06-08-2006, 12:43 AM

Haha. BACK TO BACK TO BACK

Deebs14
06-08-2006, 12:49 AM

Yup, as a matter of fact I was the kid in the commercial at the end of the line who drilled the tee straight into the ground. :redneck

RealMenWearBlack
06-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Or Milledgeville, the Civil War capital of Georgia.

That's not a bad one, although I'm not sure if he would want to be represented by a Confederate capital.

havelj
06-08-2006, 12:16 PM
the Milledge People.

Nice!

nug0hs
06-08-2006, 01:43 PM
his name sounds like a town in the oregon trail days