PDA

View Full Version : Texas Road Trip

pearso66
06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I am going to be following the Sox on the road for the first time. It is completely by dumb luck that I am going to be in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area the same time the Sox are in Texas, so I decided to get tickets to a game. I couldn't believe how easy tickets were to come by for a first place team facing the defending world champs. Last night I ordered a row of 10 tickets, we are in Left/Center field, first row. I don't know if anyone else is in the area, or going to be in the area, but it seems as if there are still good seats to be had. We could have had right behind 1st base about 10 rows back, but the seats were too expensive. I am excited to see the Sox in another ballpark, but also go to Arlington, I have heard their park is outstanding.

chisoxfan64
06-05-2006, 10:31 PM
I was there a couple of years ago. Had a really great time. Really nice facility and all the employees were very friendly.

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Bring sunscreen. The sun is setting after 8:30 p.m. right now. In addition, the left field seats face west, into the hot late afternoon and evening sun.

Weekday games usually don't sell well in Arlington. However, the park's 49,115 capacity often fills for weekend games when there's lots of families bringing inattentive and unruly glucose-absorbing children for birthday parties, megachurch groups seeking some worldly entertainment, and fans of the visiting team (a decided majority of DFW-area residents are not native Texans). Add to that the fact that football is king in Texas (a regular season Cowboys game would fetch more DFW-area TV viewers than a World Series Game 7, even if the Rangers were playing in it), and the fact that sports fandom in Texas generally is undiscerning when it comes to baseball, and it adds up to a half-empty park for weekday games. This is completely unlike Sox Army, who support a winner and hate losing.

In keeping with the family entertainment atmosphere, the employees indeed ARE very friendly. The sighlines are great, there's a restaurant and a club inside the park, and you can go back to your car and return without hassle (just make sure to have your ticket scanned by the designated attendant, and then return through the regular line).

Unfortunately, I will miss all the games the Sox are playing here this year, since I'm teaching a night class. However, WSI regular BedfordChisox (a great Sox fan!) will be there, so PM him soon!

nevr say dye sox
06-06-2006, 10:06 AM
I remember a team that won the World Series a very short time ago that didn't draw very until well after the all star break! Anybody else remeber that. Or has the crowds this year made us forget!:cool:

pearso66
06-06-2006, 06:44 PM
I remember a team that won the World Series a very short time ago that didn't draw very until well after the all star break! Anybody else remeber that. Or has the crowds this year made us forget!:cool:

Yeah, I know the Sox didn't draw well, but my point was I was able to get 10 tickets, in the first row. I don't think I've ever seen that for the Sox

Evman5
06-06-2006, 08:17 PM
It's kind of a joke how bad Freddy is at holding runners...atleast look at the guy