PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead and JUMP!

Fuller_Schettman
06-05-2006, 09:28 PM
No Wait! I'm only kidding!!!

It seems like we have seen many folks on an already crowded ledge lately and the season is barely a third over.

So what are we to make of the fact that we are 11-14 in our last 25 games?!!? Is it really related to 6-6-06? What hope is there for the tender-hearted?

One need only look back as far as last season's tale of woe. August for example. We started August finishing up a 4-game sweep of the mighty Orioles-- and the proceeded to lose 16 of the next 27 (including 2 out of 3 against Toronto)-- and ended the month with an awful 9-2 shelling at the hands of the Texas Rangers.

Any of this sounding familiar? And if that wasn't bad enough, in September as we were preparing to be eliminated from the playoff hunt, we went through a 7-11 stretch!

Your what stinks?

So take heart, fellow Sox fans. It is not as bad as it is. We will play through this and our talent and superior management will take over and get us to The Promised Land.

You can make book on that, Missy!

itsnotrequired
06-05-2006, 09:32 PM

It seems like we have seen many folks on an already crowded ledge lately and the season is barely a third over.

So what are we to make of the fact that we are 11-14 in our last 25 games?!!? Is it really related to 6-6-06? What hope is there for the tender-hearted?

One need only look back as far as last season's tale of woe. August for example. We started August finishing up a 4-game sweep of the mighty Orioles-- and the proceeded to lose 16 of the next 27 (including 2 out of 3 against Toronto)-- and ended the month with an awful 9-2 shelling at the hands of the Texas Rangers.

Any of this sounding familiar? And if that wasn't bad enough, in September as we were preparing to be eliminated from the playoff hunt, we went through a 7-11 stretch!

Your what stinks?

So take heart, fellow Sox fans. It is not as bad as it is. We will play through this and our talent and superior management will take over and get us to The Promised Land.

The Sox are 3 games behind where they were at this point last year. Even if they have another rough August, they are still on pace for 96 wins. This team sucks.

SOXintheBURGH
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Every single waking day I put on my White Sox hat and strut through the streets of Pittsburgh in supreme confidence.

Fuller_Schettman
06-05-2006, 09:39 PM
The Sox are 3 games behind where they were at this point last year. Even if they have another rough August, they are still on pace for 96 wins. This team sucks.

Sometimes, August happens in May.

Say, there's a bumper sticker idea! August Happens

Ol' No. 2
06-05-2006, 09:40 PM
The Sox are 3 games behind where they were at this place last year. Even if they have another rough August, they are still on pace for 96 wins. This team sucks.They're 3-7 in their last 10 games. What does that pace project out to?

Looked at another way: They're three games behind where they were last year after 1/3 of the season. That projects to 9 games behind last year by the end of the season. They won last year by 6 games. 90 wins wouldn't have even got them a WC.

You know what all this means? Absolutely nothing. Comparisons to last year are meaningless. It's a new year with new teams and new challenges.

There's no guarantee they won't go through several more 3-7 stretches. Games today count the same as games in September and they're giving away games they should be winning. There's no room for complacency, and if they're thinking there's nothing to be concerned about, someone should deliver a whack upside the head.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2006, 09:44 PM
They're 3-7 in their last 10 games. What does that pace project out to?

Looked at another way: They're three games behind where they were last year after 1/3 of the season. That projects to 9 games behind last year by the end of the season. They won last year by 6 games. 90 wins wouldn't have even got them a WC.

You know what all this means? Absolutely nothing. Comparisons to last year are meaningless. It's a new year with new teams and new challenges.

There's no guarantee they won't go through several more 3-7 stretches. Games today count the same as games in September and they're giving away games they should be winning. There's no room for complacency, and if they're thinking there's nothing to be concerned about, someone should deliver a whack upside the head.

I believe my meaningless projection carries more weight than your meaningless project.

:tongue:

Ol' No. 2
06-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I believe my meaningless projection carries more weight than your meaningless project.

:tongue:But I had TWO of them. :neener:

LuvSox
06-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Every single waking day I put on my White Sox hat and strut through the streets of Pittsburgh in supreme confidence.

"There's only one thing left to do now. STRUT!"

Bart Simpson

voodoochile
06-05-2006, 10:23 PM
I ain't worried. I've got a secret weapong bookmarked... Cheeses knows what I am talking about. The title still holds true...

voodoochile
06-05-2006, 10:34 PM
I can see clearly now the rain is gone...:)

Just got to find our inner sunshine...

Fuller_Schettman
06-05-2006, 11:09 PM
I can see clearly now the rain is gone...:)

Just got to find our inner sunshine...

I like that. Inner Sunshine.

I guess the opposite of that would be your Inner Homefish? :?:

StockdaleForVeep
06-06-2006, 12:33 AM

Your what stinks?

Just wait till the reason we dont win a world series is proclaimed cuz crazy carl was right and we dumped such valuable players like him, rowand and willie

CaptainBallz
06-06-2006, 03:10 AM
We will play through this and our talent and superior management will take over and get us to The Promised Land.

Please don't let them put us in....

MsSoxVixen22
06-06-2006, 08:01 AM

Your what stinks?

:worship: Fuller Schettman. AMEN!!

credefan24
06-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Don't stop beliven'

harwar
06-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I thought that you were talking about the old cubs theme song.
Anyway,if we didn't go through the bad stretches,then we wouldn't enjoy the good ones as much.
"Live every minute as if it were your last,because one day your sure to be right".

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2006, 09:12 AM
I like that. Inner Sunshine.

I guess the opposite of that would be your Inner Homefish? :?:

There's the "Inner Homefish," but then there's the "Inner Pants Pisser," too. :tongue:

fuzzy_patters
06-06-2006, 10:07 AM
The team has a lot of holes, but I am not worried. Kenny Williams is always looking to improve the team, and he has some minor league talent to trade. I do not think this team will be the same on August 1 as it is now. We just need to hang close until then, and Detroit is starting to falter.

Heffalump
06-06-2006, 10:59 AM
I gotta admit, I was one of the spazzes that was totally freaking out last year as the Sox lead dwindled to nothing.

Now that I learned my lesson, I just gotta say that all the big cogs of last year's team are still here this year (plus a few new ones) and Kenny and Ozzie are still here as well.

We can't expect to lead from wire to wire EVERY year. This year, the Tigers are playing great and we need to prove once again, that we are the best. This WILL happen. It is too early to start worrying.

The next three games should be really interesting. Hopefully, the Sox will kick some booty and all the 'voices' will quiet down a bit.

Anyhow, GO SOX!

sullythered
06-06-2006, 11:09 AM
No worries. Let's whip the kittens today!

manders_01
06-06-2006, 12:13 PM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is thinking this way. A good friend and I were "cryin in our beers" last week. I just kept thinking, "We are taking care of our slump early this year!" He had to agree and we are now both of that mindset.

Fuller_Schettman
06-06-2006, 12:21 PM
We can't expect to lead from wire to wire EVERY year. This year, the Tigers are playing great and we need to prove once again, that we are the best. This WILL happen. It is too early to start worrying.

You know, this is a GREAT point! When you look at the Bulls 6 titles, each was special in its own right, for its own reasons.

So maybe that is the way we need to approach this. Maybe this is the year we wipe out a deficit to come back and make the post-season in a dramatic way. Or maybe this is the season that will be remembered for our 26-2 August or our 21 game winning streak or our 4 18-game winners or whatever.

I think Dr. E.L. Kersten said it best in "The Retribution Will Be Televised" when he said "Each season is unique, just like all the others..."

cheeses_h_rice
06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
I ain't worried. I've got a secret weapong bookmarked... Cheeses knows what I am talking about. The title still holds true...

No idea what you're talking about.

:wink:

miker
06-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Don't stop beliven'
From the thread title, I thought it was going to be about Van Halen.