PDA

View Full Version : Is there really a "bad seat" at U.S. Cellular?

ThirdBaseman
06-05-2006, 08:27 PM
My family and I want to go to the Indians game on Sat. and the only tickets that are coming up on Ticketmaster are in Sec. 514. Are these really bad seats, or should I seek another alternative to buying tickets?

I know I'm not going to be behind home plate every time, but from someone who's been in the Upper Deck on the sides, is it still great to enjoy the game?

ewokpelts
06-05-2006, 08:34 PM
My family and I want to go to the Indians game on Sat. and the only tickets that are coming up on Ticketmaster are in Sec. 514. Are these really bad seats, or should I seek another alternative to buying tickets?

I know I'm not going to be behind home plate every time, but from someone who's been in the Upper Deck on the sides, is it still great to enjoy the game?UD in the first 7 rows is sweet. the rest up ther eis ok...
lower deck is mostly solid....

TheDarkGundam
06-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I've never sat in the front rows of the upperdeck, but I must say I really like sitting up around row 10-13ish. Depending on what section you're in, you can get a real good view of pretty much everything.

bobwsx
06-05-2006, 08:39 PM
sec 101 and 164 suck.right up against the fan deck.

ewokpelts
06-05-2006, 08:44 PM
sec 101 and 164 suck.right up against the fan deck.164 row 4 is awesome...anythinghigher than 8 does suck

I want Mags back
06-05-2006, 08:44 PM
anything in UD infield is great. Outfield is okay, if your lower

oeo
06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Look out for the beams towards the top of the upperdeck...otherwise, I don't really think there's a problem up there.

tick53
06-05-2006, 08:47 PM
I don't know, I haven't sat in all the seats:?:

mcfish
06-05-2006, 08:51 PM
sec 101 and 164 suck.right up against the fan deck.These are the only bad seats in the house. Anything higher than row 10 and you can't see a good chunk of left or right field.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2006, 08:57 PM

I know I'm not going to be behind home plate every time, but from someone who's been in the Upper Deck on the sides, is it still great to enjoy the game?
Support columns for the roof start in Row 16. Seat 1 is on the further away from home plate than seat 22 but seat 1 has the aisle on your right. This means people walking up and down the aisle will be BEHIND you as you look toward home plate. Seat 22 is also on the aisle but it is on your left (in FRONT of you as you look toward home). Get ready for lots of people walking right in front of you if you have those seats. Seats between the extreme ends of the aisles will have varying degree of people blocking depending on how close you are to either aisle.

Also remember that the entrance to the Upper Deck Sections are at the BOTTOM of the Section. The lower your row number, the more people that there will be walking around you.

Row 21 is the last row.

Chips
06-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Also remember that the entrance to the Upper Deck Sections are at the BOTTOM of the Section. The lower your row number, the more people that there will be walking around you.

Row 21 is the last row.

Unless you're in 518 or one of the other sections with the handicapped seating/camera wells. The first two rows are great, no one walks in front of you, unless they're in that row.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Unless you're in 518 or one of the other sections with the handicapped seating/camera wells. The first two rows are great, no one walks in front of you, unless they're in that row.
Damn, I forgot about those. 514 has one of them. First row in those sections is what, 4?

Chips
06-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Damn, I forgot about those. 514 has one of them. First row in those sections is what, 4?

Row 4 is the first row, Row 5 is the second. The Dude and I have good seats, but we rarely sit in them.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2006, 09:07 PM
The Dude and I have good seats, but we rarely sit in them.

That's because you're a hater.:cool:

The only games I haven't watched from my seats were April 17 (got 4 seats together in another spot to sit with friends), CotC and last Friday's game (sat with pdimas in the bleachers since no one else wanted to go with me).

comiskey2000
06-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City really has the right idea. As the Upper Deck moves down each line there are fewer and fewer rows. And it looks cool too.

Chips
06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
That's because you're a hater.:cool:

The only games I haven't watched from my seats were April 17 (got 4 seats together in another spot to sit with friends), CotC and last Friday's game (sat with pdimas in the bleachers since no one else wanted to go with me).

It's nice to bounce around the lower deck.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2006, 10:01 PM
It's nice to bounce around the lower deck.

Might be tough tomorrow. I'm not finding any pairs, upper or lower.

Chips
06-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Might be tough tomorrow. I'm not finding any pairs, upper or lower.

I might be in the actual seats then.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2006, 10:06 PM
I might be in the actual seats then.

Thursday is pretty full as well but Wednesday looks to have a bunch left. Could be a decent walkup though with nice weather.

Soxfest
06-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Upperdeck blows..........all lower seats are doable.

SoxFan76
06-05-2006, 11:51 PM

:?:

I like the upper deck, thank you very much.

Blueprint1
06-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City really has the right idea. As the Upper Deck moves down each line there are fewer and fewer rows. And it looks cool too.

I believe this was designed this way so that a dome could slide from the football stadium over to the baseball stadium.

ondafarm
06-06-2006, 02:50 AM
Bad seats at USCF? I hear that the seats in the opposition dugout are normally not very comfortable.

Steelrod
06-06-2006, 03:30 AM
Isn't it amazing. 3 years ago, there were 4,000 more seats and no obstructions. Media and popular demand caused the current look.
I for one, have always looked at being at the game was the thing, not the building around it. As soon as they retro'ed the park, the next outcry was for blue seats. Whats next?
We'd all be better off if the focus was on the team, not the surroundings!

itsnotrequired
06-06-2006, 06:29 AM

:rolleyes:

Yes, front row of the Upper Deck around home plate is so much worse than the last row in 100 or 164 or sitting behind the foul pole.

starboy0
06-06-2006, 06:58 AM

Upper deck is great. Wonderful panormic view of the field. From my seat (524 row 14 seat 22) I can see the lake. The shade of the roof is nice when it's blistering hot or when it's raining.

Also, the crowd sound rises so it feels more intense.

roylestillman
06-06-2006, 08:32 AM
I'd also watch out for the aisle seats (seats 1 or 2) from about Section 150 through 153ish. The aisle traffic with vendors and fans can be pretty brutal and is right in the line of sight to the plate. They should have turned those seats somehow to face the plate (maybe that's phase VII after the mythical home run porch.) If these seats come up as best available I usually switch to the outfield where the sight lines are better.

Cellview22
06-06-2006, 08:47 AM
They should post big signs at the top of every aisle that say something like, "We Encourage Fans to Avoid Walking Down Aisles While Game is in Play". I'm not sure if this would help, but I can't stand the continuous stream of people walking up and down in front of you, blocking your entire view throughout the whole game.

comet2k
06-06-2006, 09:35 AM
They should post big signs at the top of every aisle that say something like, "We Encourage Fans to Avoid Walking Down Aisles While Game is in Play". I'm not sure if this would help, but I can't stand the continuous stream of people walking up and down in front of you, blocking your entire view throughout the whole game.

I agree, that is a real pain. Last year we had some aisle seats with the aisle between us and home plate, and it was extremely annoying to have so much traffic during critical moments of the game. Can't they wait until between innings or at least until between batters?

This year, when I got a partial season ticket in the UD on an aisle, I moved up a couple of rows to make sure the aisle was on the right and home plate was on the left.

And the UD is not that bad. I'm in Section 524 over first base, and I sat in 530 behind home plate recently. I'd take either of those over row 25 in the left or right field corner.

Vernam
06-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Unless you're in 518 or one of the other sections with the handicapped seating/camera wells. The first two rows are great, no one walks in front of you, unless they're in that row.That's why we switched to 527, row 2 last year and have never regretted it. We had been in 119, row 13, which are great seats, but I got tired of people and vendors streaming down the aisle the whole game.

UD seats in the front six rows between the dugouts are the best bargain around.

Vernam

Vernam
06-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Upperdeck blows..........all lower seats are doable.I fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

Vernam

SoxFan78
06-06-2006, 10:14 AM

You havent sat in the good seats in the UD thats for sure. I have row one in Sec. 544 season tickets. One of the best bargins in the park thats for sure. I will take those seats then obstructed view in the outfield.

chisoxfan64
06-06-2006, 10:24 AM

Ya, they should tear out the upper deck and make another lower deck.

miker
06-06-2006, 03:19 PM
All the Cub fans I know say that every seat is a "bad seat" at U.S. Cellular...

...but what do they know!

INSox56
06-06-2006, 04:04 PM
it's actually not just section 101...102 and some of 103 sections suck because you can't see a lot/much of the big board with the lineups and game stats in left. Blows. As for people getting up....seriously. You should be kicked out of your seats if you 1) get up more than 3 times (I do heavy tailgating and have a small bladder and rarely get up more than once), 2) get up DURING THE INNING and 3) thrown out of the game if you don't even wait BETWEEN PITCHES! Seriously people have zero clue what baseball etiquette is. Several times I've had people sit through the entire middle of the inning...only to get up and leave at like the second pitch of the next half!!!!!!!!!! It's like *** are you doing that you couldn't have gotten up when nothing is going on..............:angry::angry::angry:

Vernam
06-06-2006, 05:45 PM
it's actually not just section 101...102 and some of 103 sections suck because you can't see a lot/much of the big board with the lineups and game stats in left. Blows. As for people getting up....seriously. You should be kicked out of your seats if you 1) get up more than 3 times (I do heavy tailgating and have a small bladder and rarely get up more than once), 2) get up DURING THE INNING and 3) thrown out of the game if you don't even wait BETWEEN PITCHES! Seriously people have zero clue what baseball etiquette is. Several times I've had people sit through the entire middle of the inning...only to get up and leave at like the second pitch of the next half!!!!!!!!!! It's like *** are you doing that you couldn't have gotten up when nothing is going on..............:angry::angry::angry:All good suggestions for the proposed "Dummy's Guide to Attending Sox Games," which would be mandatory reading for the influx of people used to watching games farther north. And I don't mean Milwaukee. :cool:

Vernam

skobabe8
06-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I've come to the realization that my seats in the UD suck and I'll tell ya why...We are on the first base side in row 13 of the UD on the aisle. So looking at home plate we have to look across the aisle. I can't begin to tell you the percentage of at-bats we've missed from people walking up and down the aisle during an inning. :angry: It drives me absolutely crazy. I ALWAYS wait until between innings or during a pitching change to get out of my seat. Others have no concept of this. The only remedy is to implement the hockey rule of roping off the exit until breaks in the action. I would love to see it but doubt it would ever happen.