PDA

View Full Version : Can we play our players at their positions please ?

White Sox Randy
06-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I HATE Ozuna in left field !!!!!

Should I have used more exclamation points ?

I believe that there is nothing wrong with our opening day lineup. I think that our pitchers pitch better when we have our best defense behind them.

Uribe is going to hit. Eventually he will get hot and win a bunch of games for us. Brian Anderson will eventually hit. It may take awhile. But, even if he doesn't, I say play him anyway.

Our starting pitchers will be fine and if we need to, we can bring in McCarthy.

The ONLY thing we need are a couple of top tier relief pitchers !

bennyw41
06-05-2006, 11:17 AM
What position do you like him at? He is subpar at every position. But he is a spark offensively.

TornLabrum
06-05-2006, 11:18 AM
When you break camp with three outfielders this kind of thing is bound to happen. I think I mentioned that unusual situation in a column around the end of March or beginning of April.

jenn2080
06-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Pablo in left makes me ILL!!!!!I couldnt even watch the game after the 4th because of Pablo.

White Sox Randy
06-05-2006, 11:40 AM
What position do you like him at? He is subpar at every position. But he is a spark offensively.

Maybe you are right and if that is the case, I would rather not have him. When did he become Rickey Henderson or Frank Thomas in his prime ? Ozuna is an offensive force ? Then, maybe we should platoon him and Thome at DH ?

Ozuna is an infielder, clearly. Even our announcers preface this every game before criticizing his outfield play.

If he can't play any infield positions well enough, then move him and get someone else that can help us.

Britt Burns
06-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't mind it so much if Ozuna was at least getting better in left-but he's not. He is a spark plug though...I wonder if he would have any value for a team looking for a speedy second baseman...for relief help, possibly? I'd hate to see him go, but the man just can't play the outfield.

bennyw41
06-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Maybe you are right and if that is the case, I would rather not have him. When did he become Rickey Henderson or Frank Thomas in his prime ? Ozuna is an offensive force ? Then, maybe we should platoon him and Thome at DH ?

Ozuna is an infielder, clearly. Even our announcers preface this every game before criticizing his outfield play.

If he can't play any infield positions well enough, then move him and get someone else that can help us.

I hope your not inferring that I said he was a powerhouse? He is a spark. Thats it.

Ol' No. 2
06-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I HATE Ozuna in left field !!!!!

Should I have used more exclamation points ?

I believe that there is nothing wrong with our opening day lineup. I think that our pitchers pitch better when we have our best defense behind them.

Uribe is going to hit. Eventually he will get hot and win a bunch of games for us. Brian Anderson will eventually hit. It may take awhile. But, even if he doesn't, I say play him anyway.

Our starting pitchers will be fine and if we need to, we can bring in McCarthy.

The ONLY thing we need are a couple of top tier relief pitchers !Maybe you should manage the team. Ozzie did such a poor job last year...:rolleyes:

White Sox Randy
06-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Maybe you should manage the team. Ozzie did such a poor job last year...:rolleyes:

You're right. Since we won the WS last year, that must mean that from now on anything Ozzie or Kenny do will always be right.

The Immigrant
06-05-2006, 12:39 PM
With Thome sitting out, we could have played Konerko at first and had Pablo as the DH (and Mack in LF if Pods gets the day off).

Once you stop laughing, hopefully you'll realize that Pablo's offensive versatility makes for a better offense than with Gload in the lineup.

Ol' No. 2
06-05-2006, 12:45 PM
You're right. Since we won the WS last year, that must mean that from now on anything Ozzie or Kenny do will always be right.No, but he's doing the exact same thing he did last year. Really sucked how that turned out, didn't it?

Find me one team that plays the same lineup every day. Just one.

Jjav829
06-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Ozuna would look much better in center...

:duck:

:tongue:

White Sox Randy
06-05-2006, 01:09 PM
No, but he's doing the exact same thing he did last year. Really sucked how that turned out, didn't it?

Find me one team that plays the same lineup every day. Just one.

When did I say that we should play the same lineup every single day ? You have a unique ability to see things that aren't written.

mcg
06-05-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm getting sick of seeing Ozuna in left too but as Ol' No. 2 pointed out, Ozzie is indeed doing the same thing as last year. I checked just for the heck of it and Ozzie has used the regular lineup 15 times this season and the Sox are 12-3 when the regulars are in there. This time last year he had used the regulars 17 times and the Sox were 13-4. Not a big difference.

It does seem that regulars were in there more consistently last year (i.e. regulars in there every other day). The only time this season that regulars have played consistently is from mid to late April when the team was HOT.

White Sox Randy
06-05-2006, 03:41 PM
No one said that we shouldn't play our backups. The thread is about playing Ozuna in LF.

I like having Mack. in the lineup in certain situations but I prefer him in LF or RF. Unfortunately, we don't have another player capable of playing CF well.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-05-2006, 03:59 PM
No one said that we shouldn't play our backups. The thread is about playing Ozuna in LF.

I like having Mack. in the lineup in certain situations but I prefer him in LF or RF. Unfortunately, we don't have another player capable of playing CF well.

Brian Anderson is the only answer on the current roster as far as CF goes. Mackowiak cannot field the position and is a below average ML hitter which is why he is a utility player - not an everyday regular. I don't see how Anderson improves without giving him steady at bats. They pulled the plug after 27 starts (May 16th) before the "RMack" (to me fingernails on a chalkboard) Show.

Reinsert Anderson as the everyday player in June and if he can't turn things around acquire an actual CF. The White Sox are not going anywhere with Mackowiak as an everyday CF. Anderson can turn things around. McCarthy can turn things around. Mackowiak does not have the talent to turn things around. It is not his fault - he can only do what he is capable of - help as a utility player.