PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy the off day...

MERPER
06-05-2006, 02:46 AM
OK... I know there are a lot of concerns right now and by Thursday, those concerns will turn to either a lot of joy or disaster... but we all need to take a deep breath and enjoy today... Hey, we could be one of these teams right now:

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS= just lost 2 of 3 to the Cubs (making them 3-6 against the North Siders this season) and with their ace already on the DL are about to lose the game's best hitter for a while....

HOUSTON ASTROS= Roy Oswalt suffers back spasms and Andy Pettite has been brutal as they get swept AT HOME by the Reds

NEW YORK YANKEES= Lost 2 of 3 at BALTIMORE while losing Gary Sheffield possibly for the season and DEREK JETER possibly for a long time with HIDEKI MATSUI already done for another 2 months...

AL CENTRAL= Tigers have lost 6 of 8... Indians just got spanked in 2 of 3 by the ANGELS

and it may be a bit of a stretch but.... TEXAS RANGERS= while taking 2 of 3 from the Sox, they sure did not look very impressive for a division leader... their pitching remains suspect and their hitting can be held in check by good pitching (i.e. normal Sox/playoff pitching)

So, enjoy today... it could be a lot worse.... :)

Dan Mega
06-05-2006, 08:50 AM
All good teams go through a bad stretch. I'm not worried.

batmanZoSo
06-05-2006, 09:01 AM
All good teams go through a bad stretch. I'm not worried.

We're having our dead ball period earlier this year. It's a nice thought that overall the team's underachieved and still has one of the top records in baseball. And if it wasn't for the Tigers having a freakishly hot start, we'd be in first and there'd be no worries at all.

nevr say dye sox
06-05-2006, 09:08 AM
as long as cliff polite never sees the field again...I'm ok with the recent losing stretch.:angry:

24thStFan
06-05-2006, 09:21 AM
We win the next two series against our division rivals and it's all good once again. Now's the time for Konerko, Buehrle, Thome, and Dye to show some leadership and go get the Tigers and Indians.

Go SOX!!!

yesenia
06-05-2006, 09:25 AM
as long as cliff polite never sees the field again...I'm ok with the recent losing stretch.:angry:

I dont know if I would go that far but yeah...something along those lines.

CHISOXFAN13
06-05-2006, 09:41 AM
OK... I know there are a lot of concerns right now and by Thursday, those concerns will turn to either a lot of joy or disaster... but we all need to take a deep breath and enjoy today... Hey, we could be one of these teams right now:

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS= just lost 2 of 3 to the Cubs (making them 3-6 against the North Siders this season) and with their ace already on the DL are about to lose the game's best hitter for a while....

HOUSTON ASTROS= Roy Oswalt suffers back spasms and Andy Pettite has been brutal as they get swept AT HOME by the Reds

NEW YORK YANKEES= Lost 2 of 3 at BALTIMORE while losing Gary Sheffield possibly for the season and DEREK JETER possibly for a long time with HIDEKI MATSUI already done for another 2 months...

AL CENTRAL= Tigers have lost 6 of 8... Indians just got spanked in 2 of 3 by the ANGELS

and it may be a bit of a stretch but.... TEXAS RANGERS= while taking 2 of 3 from the Sox, they sure did not look very impressive for a division leader... their pitching remains suspect and their hitting can be held in check by good pitching (i.e. normal Sox/playoff pitching)

So, enjoy today... it could be a lot worse.... :)

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I sure was impressed with Texas' pitching, with the excpetion of Saturday's starter. We didn't even see Millwood, yet the Rangers shut down the bats for basically all but one inning.

FielderJones
06-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I sure was impressed with Texas' pitching, with the excpetion of Saturday's starter. We didn't even see Millwood, yet the Rangers shut down the bats for basically all but one inning.

I'm sure the Rangers pitchers were very happy not having to face Thome.

LauraJ14
06-05-2006, 03:54 PM

Did the Sox score a run off their bullpen?
They did a good job shutting down the Sox.

oeo
06-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Did the Sox score a run off their bullpen?
They did a good job shutting down the Sox.

Could the Sox score a run off the Royals right now? Might be tough.

Any team could "shut down" the Sox offense right now.

thomas35forever
06-05-2006, 05:33 PM
It's true things could be a lot worse right now. We could be even further back in the division.

Frankfan4life
06-05-2006, 11:44 PM
as long as cliff polite never sees the field again...:angry:I don't mind if he pitches (if we have a 10-run lead in the 9th inning). :smile:

SoxFan76
06-05-2006, 11:46 PM
We're just spoiled. Teams go through tough stretches. They'll be fiiiine.

Just remember, the Sox haven't even played to their potential yet.

gbergman
06-06-2006, 01:02 AM
i'd rather suck early, then later in the year