PDA

View Full Version : Some Big names hurt right now

SectionBNole
06-04-2006, 10:34 PM
"The first four days of June saw the division races stung by the injury bug as stars such as Albert Pujols, Roy Oswalt, Derek Jeter and Jeff Kent missed playing time as a result of injuries."

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060604&content_id=1488485&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

JorgeFabregas
06-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Plus Frank. Oy.

RKMeibalane
06-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Plus Frank. Oy.

I talked with someone who lives in the Bay Area, and I think the soreness in his foot yesterday was due to him not taking his anti-inflammatory medication, and so his foot swelled when he ran on it, rather than him actually doing something to injure it. We'll see what happens.

itsnotrequired
06-05-2006, 08:25 AM
What about Jeff Nelson?

FedEx227
06-05-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm not positive, but is there a chance the lack of amphedimines could be causing these injuries?

Not trying to throw anybody under the bus, in-fact I'm not sure what amphedimines main objective is, just curious.

Jjav829
06-05-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm not positive, but is there a chance the lack of amphedimines could be causing these injuries?

Not trying to throw anybody under the bus, in-fact I'm not sure what amphedimines main objective is, just curious.

Causing the injuries? Not at all. But amphetamines could possibly lead players to play through injuries that they otherwise wouldn't play through. The main purpose of the use of amphetamines by players is to get that feeling that they can do anything. It gets rid of feelings of fatigue and I imagine they help players who are slumping and starting to doubt themselves by giving their self-confidence a boost.