PDA

View Full Version : If Thome needs more rest

Mohoney
06-04-2006, 01:35 PM
I heard that he's supposed to be back Tuesday, but if Thome needs a few more days off, I would like to see Ozzie DH Mackowiak and put Anderson in CF. What do you think?

nedlug
06-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Looks like this is Gload's turn to get some ABs

Thome25
06-04-2006, 01:48 PM
I'd rather see a combination of Rob Mackowiak and Brian Anderson or Rob Mackowiak and Pablo Ozuna at DH/CF.....or you could have Pablo Ozuna at DH and Brian Anderson in CF

VivaOzzie
06-04-2006, 01:55 PM
.....or you could have Pablo Ozuna at DH and Brian Anderson in CF

I like that idea. Anderson's D in center is key, and watching Pablo at the plate and on the basepaths is really fun. As opposed to watching him in the field. When Thome needs a rest, I would go Anderson in center always, and Ozuna/Mackowiak at DH at like a 2/1 ratio.

TomParrish79
06-04-2006, 03:59 PM
i like the idea of Mackowiak or Pablo DH'ing while Anderson plays center....anything that keeps me from having to watch Ross Gload

IlliniSox4Life
06-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Gload is a good player. He needs to get some at bats.

Anyone remember how last year our bench players stepped up in the playoffs because they had a good amount of playing time in the regular season? Well, both Mack and Ozuna are all getting pretty regular playing time. Gload needs to get his shot. Plus, Paulie could use some rest from playing 1B. Another reason we dominated the playoffs was the more than average rest our starters got. You can't expect Paulie to start every game and perform as well in the playoffs.

How can you hate on Gload so much? He has barely had a chance to play.

TomParrish79
06-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Everyone remembers how big the bench was for us in the playoffs, so thats why the more at bats you can get Mackowiak, Cintron and Pablo..the better for them. I am definitely not complaining about Ozzie playing the bench...I just think Gload sucks. If there is any big situation that requires Ross Gload getting a big hit this season..and he actually does it...I will gladly eat crow. But in the meantime I just get kinda agitated watching Gload go 0-4 regularly and 1-5 on a good day.

nevr say dye sox
06-05-2006, 10:15 AM
I agree with Tom I hate watching Gload... He blows ass! I know he hasn't had the at bats, but I rather see Mack play right and DH Dye with Paulie at first.

rpac44
06-05-2006, 10:39 AM
I agree with Tom I hate watching Gload... He blows ass! I know he hasn't had the at bats, but I rather see Mack play right and DH Dye with Paulie at first.i'd rather have ba in center with rob or pablo DH'ing as DH'ing our best arm in the outfield and one of our better defensive players (dye) seems pointless unless, of course, he needs the rest

06-05-2006, 10:44 AM
I agree Gload is a good player, and needs more at bats....but with 3 games against Det coming up, followed by the Tribe, this isn't the time to play around and get Gload warmed up...Ozuna should be the DH...and I think we should go back to the top 5 we used during the playoffs.....Pods, Gooch, Dye, Paulie, AJ....then Crede, MAc, Uribe and Ozuna

LauraJ14
06-05-2006, 12:18 PM
I have seen enough of Pablo in the outfield, if Pods is getting the day off, please play Mack or even Gload in Left.
How many balls has Pablo misplayed in the outfield this season? Its tough to watch.

Malgar 12
06-05-2006, 02:36 PM
I have seen enough of Pablo in the outfield, if Pods is getting the day off, please play Mack or even Gload in Left.
How many balls has Pablo misplayed in the outfield this season? Its tough to watch.

I can't see how anybody would think Gload is a better outfielder than Ozuna. They'e both brutal.

yesenia
06-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Gload should sit down. Anderson in CF, Mack as DH, Ozuna can pinch hit for Anderson. I want Paulee back in the lineup and when he gets a day off- which is coming soon, Thome can play 1st and we can keep Mack as DH.

DaleJRFan
06-05-2006, 03:05 PM
How about: Konerko at DH, Dye to 1B and Mack in RF? :cool:

Huisj
06-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Gload should sit down. Anderson in CF, Mack as DH, Ozuna can pinch hit for Anderson. I want Paulee back in the lineup and when he gets a day off- which is coming soon, Thome can play 1st and we can keep Mack as DH.

It's always a little scary though when you pinch hit someone for Anderson late in a game, because it can quickly backfire if his defense is needed in the next half inning.

The one time in his career that Gload got a chance to actually play (2004), he hit over .300, drew some walks, showed some pretty good power, and drove in 44 runs. He hit the crap out of the ball at AAA last year.

FedEx227
06-05-2006, 03:43 PM
How about: Konerko at DH, Dye to 1B and Mack in RF? :cool:

Or put Mack at SS, bench Uribe and throw Gload into RF!

DaleJRFan
06-05-2006, 04:17 PM
It's always a little scary though when you pinch hit someone for Anderson late in a game, because it can quickly backfire if his defense is needed in the next half inning.

The one time in his career that Gload got a chance to actually play (2004), he hit over .300, drew some walks, showed some pretty good power, and drove in 44 runs. He hit the crap out of the ball at AAA last year.

2004 (ChiSox):
234 AB - 16 2B - 7 HR - 44 RBI - 321 AVG - 375 OBP - 479 SLG

2005 (AAA):
236 AB - 22 2B - 15 HR - 45 RBI - 364 AVG - 416 OBP - 657 SLG

Historically, Gload is a LOT better when he starts than when he pinch hits.. Regular at-bats = productive Ross Gload. He sucks when he sits on the bench for two weeks and then gets thrown in to give someone a day off.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-05-2006, 04:28 PM
I heard that he's supposed to be back Tuesday, but if Thome needs a few more days off, I would like to see Ozzie DH Mackowiak and put Anderson in CF. What do you think?

Mackowiak is hitting .264 with 2 HRs in 106 ABs. I don't know what Ozzie's ****ing obsession with playing this guy everyday is.

He is a career .258 hitter who averages 13 HRs every 162 games. For the love of God put him back at the utility role which is what he and Ozuna - (DH -??? Please) are capable of.

Regardless of what happens to Thome I would like to see Mackowiak return to his 1 or 2 day a week role which is what he is capable of be it in CF (6 innings a week max please) or filling in in the infield / spot starting.

Anderson should play everyday in CF. If Thome does not return Tuesday I'd like Gload at DH and Paully at 1B and we should be OK in the interim.

kwolf68
06-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I don't believe Gload is anything much. What is reality? His sub .200 hitting over the past two years? Or his .300 2 years ago? He hasn't taken advantage of his opportunties over the past two years, limited though they may be. My theory is great players, players destined to be Major Leaguers will sieze their moments. Gload has been absolutely atrocious the last two years...He hits .367 in AAA and then can't even hit .200 when called up????

Gload looks to me like a tweener...Really kicks AAA butt, but isn't quite on the Major League level for everyday players.

My vote would be to call up Rogowski and see what he can do...He has good speed and can steal some bases, has hit .300 in the minors as well and has some pop.

Dan Mega
06-05-2006, 04:46 PM
2004 (ChiSox):
234 AB - 16 2B - 7 HR - 44 RBI - 321 AVG - 375 OBP - 479 SLG

2005 (AAA):
236 AB - 22 2B - 15 HR - 45 RBI - 364 AVG - 416 OBP - 657 SLG

Historically, Gload is a LOT better when he starts than when he pinch hits.. Regular at-bats = productive Ross Gload. He sucks when he sits on the bench for two weeks and then gets thrown in to give someone a day off.

I agree. I still think Gload can be productive. How strong is his arm? Could he eventually take JD's place in RF??

I want Mags back
06-05-2006, 05:10 PM
I like letting Gload get AB's and giving Paul-ee some rest by having him DH

TomParrish79
06-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I agree. I still think Gload can be productive. How strong is his arm? Could he eventually take JD's place in RF??

Unless he has gotten alot better in RF...Ozzie could choose a random fan out of the crowd to play RF and it would be about the same defensively

esbrechtel
06-05-2006, 06:36 PM
do we have any idea what is really wrong with him? It seems we have been getting mixed signals....quad, groin, leg soreness....which is it?

Droso5
06-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Exactly what I wanted to know. What is his exact injury? At first I heard it was his groin and then it moved to his leg etc. Also, will he be available for the Tigers series starting June 6th or will he be on the bench. The Sox need to take this series and really drive the stake into the Tigers bleeding heart, the best lineup possible must play. (duh) This is a statement series, will the Sox roll over and lose an incredibly important series to the Kitties (if not for standings but also for morale) or will they take them to the Veternarian and euthanise them like the ole' busted up cats that they are. Go Sox