PDA

View Full Version : Everett a model citizen in Seattle

DickAllen72
06-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Three months into a $4 million, one-year contract, Everett has been the Mariners' do-right designated hitter. His teammates and manager hail him as a steadying presence on a last-place team.

"Carl's fit in real well here,'' Hargrove said. "He's pushed his teammates in the right way.''

Within days, Everett had joined Eddie Guardado as the cackling crackups on an otherwise bland team.

Since then, Everett has taken all of his teammates to dinner. Before home batting practices, he has made sure to playfully tease the same three early arriving waitresses who work the prime seats behind home plate.
Not exactly a brooding malcontent.

"I learned a long time ago you need to judge people for yourself,'' Hargrove said. "Carl's been nothing but a positive influence on this team.''

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13089389/

Mohoney
06-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Carl wasn't a bad guy here, either. Sure, he took a parting shot, but so did Frank, and I think that they both felt the same way: jilted that the defending champs didn't want them back for the attempt at a repeat.

Personally, I wish both of these guys nothing but the best. They both played a part in winning our first championship in 88 years, and nobody can take that away.

Brian26
06-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Before home batting practices, he has made sure to playfully tease the same three early arriving waitresses who work the prime seats behind home plate. Not exactly a brooding malcontent.

A brooding malcontent? No.

A major league player trying to get some hot ass on the side? Maybe.

1951Campbell
06-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Best of luck, Carl, you are a far better teammate than you get credit for.

HomeFish
06-04-2006, 06:10 PM
I remember when the Mariners first signed Everett, somebody linked to a Mariners blog, where they were all like "Oh my god, this destroys our 'family-friendly' atmosphere" and "I just called the GM and told him I'm cancelling my season tickets", etc. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Carl Everett was nothing but a class act during his time in a Sox uniform. I will never understand the hatred that even Sox fans have for him.

IlliniSox4Life
06-04-2006, 06:11 PM
A brooding malcontent? No.

A major league player trying to get some hot ass on the side? Maybe.

Exactly. This is why Carl's bible thumping routine always bugged me.

DickAllen72
06-04-2006, 06:17 PM

Yeah, sure.

ilsox7
06-04-2006, 06:19 PM

:?:

So just b/c Crazy talks to some women before the games, he is cheating on his wife? That's one massive leap of faith that does not make any sense.

goofymsfan
06-05-2006, 07:10 AM
I remember when the Mariners first signed Everett, somebody linked to a Mariners blog, where they were all like "Oh my god, this destroys our 'family-friendly' atmosphere" and "I just called the GM and told him I'm cancelling my season tickets", etc. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Carl Everett was nothing but a class act during his time in a Sox uniform. I will never understand the hatred that even Sox fans have for him.

:redface: I admit I wasn't thrilled when the M's signed Carl.:redface: I still remember the incident that happened several years ago between him and Jamie Moyer. I wasn't sure how things would be between the two of them. I decided though to give Carl the benefit of the doubt.

:smile: Every interaction though I've had with him has been good. I've seen how he is with the fans and he is incredible. Always willing to sign autographs, joking around, etc. I have been pleasently surprised. He has also done well on the field for the most part.

Dan Mega
06-05-2006, 08:55 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Settembrini
06-05-2006, 11:43 AM
:?:

So just b/c Crazy talks to some women before the games, he is cheating on his wife? That's one massive leap of faith that does not make any sense.

Carl admitted he cheated on his wife in a lengthy Sun-Times interview last year. He blamed "demons."
"She knows. I did it away from her. But I'm quite sure she still prays for me. [God] keeps me. But those demons are still going to come. That's why I say it's tough to live holy and resist temptation because those demons get prettier and prettier. Their bodies get better and better. It's one of the toughest fights I've had in my life."

I'd like to meet some of these demons.

kwolf68
06-05-2006, 12:50 PM

You know I don't care if someone thumps bibles or not, the potential hypocrisy notwithstanding (and we have seen many self-professed Christians are not averse to going against “the good book” when it suits their agenda). He is free to say what he wants, when, and where….that’s kinda the beauty of this nation.

To that end, he’s the problem with “some” of his kind that his belief system is dogmatic and he comes off as part of the modern day “Flat Earth Society” holding onto his dimwitted views until finally a boat leaving going West arrives from the East…even then, some of these people believe God made it look that way to “test one’s faith.”