PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Closer Rips Shea Stadium

HomeFish
06-04-2006, 12:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AjBGOfeiWPEJcABmA50uwW8RvLYF?slug=ifyoub uildthemmoneywillc&prov=tsn&type=lgns

From the article:

But if you bulldoze Shea, where are the rats going to sleep? The new park ought to be rodent-proof, especially if it's going to cost $900 million or so to build.

markmeista
06-04-2006, 03:46 PM
The popular opinion is that Shea Stadium sucks. It is a pretty crummy place to watch a game.

Yankee Stadium, contrary to popular belief, isn't a "classic ballpark" in the sense that Wrigley and Fenway are (and Old Comiskey and Tiger Stadium were). It was essentially raped of its character in the 1970s when it underwent a massive renovation that gutted most of the old stadium and put new concrete on old concrete footings. It was a mostly-new park when it opened in 1977, but the poor redesign and cost of keeping it running are, in my opinion, a couple of the driving forces behind the new Yankee Stadium. YS doesn't have a whole lot of luxury suites, either, so that's also another issue that will be properly addressed with the new stadium.

As a Tigers fan (who occasionally lurks on other teams' unofficial message boards, such as WSI, since they are exponentially better than the official MLB websites), I'm glad that Todd Jones can write, because he certainly can't pitch.

oeo
06-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Another Tigers fan? Where are all these people coming from?

Is this the most fans of an opposing team that's ever come at one time?

Daver
06-04-2006, 05:04 PM

No.

ewokpelts
06-04-2006, 05:39 PM

Is this the most fans of an opposing team that's ever come at one time?we get a lot fo cub fans....a lot

Oblong
06-04-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm hoping in a week or so that the title of this thread could factually be renamed to "Former Tigers loser....."

Message to Sox fans this week. If the Tigers have a 1-2 run lead and Jones comes in to save.... you should get excited. Your chancs of winning just went up.

FedEx227
06-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Rodney is a good option as well, he took to the closers role pretty well in Jones' absense.

santo=dorf
06-04-2006, 10:46 PM

Weren't you around with the Marlin fan invasion back in 2004?

Remember how they kept saying we had "Mets Fan syndrome" thinking Billy Koch would pitch as well as Benitez? OR how great of an owner Jeff Loria is. :rolling:

I want Mags back
06-04-2006, 11:17 PM

fans always pop out of the woodwork when a team is winning. look how many new members we got last year